• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Do you wash your weed?

The whole premise behind this is the water filters off the "bad shit."

Doesn't a water bong do the same thing in real time ;)? I mean, if you don't have one, water curing would be a viable option, but otherwise maybe a little redundant.

Yeah it'll make it taste bette, but improving potency? lololololol

lolololololol
lolololololol

I Actually laughed more than that, yeah it'll increase the potency if you collect all the trichomes you wasted and make hash, but apart from that. lolololol

lololol because thc is sooo water soluble right?
Putting it in water ,Just getting rid of the sugars in the plant, along with chlorophyll for a smooth smoke..
I've done this once, it does make the smoke, much better, but, as for potency, I'd say it remains the same, if not a very minuscule loss.

I guess this whole process is worth it if you are working with low quality bud that tastes shitty to begin with.. Maybe it's just me but instead of waiting 7 more days to re-cure my bud, I'd rather pack a nice bowl in my volcano. Get some better bud guys. lol save yourself the effort ;)

Maybe it's just me but instead of waiting 7 more days to re-cure my bud, I'd rather pack a nice bowl in my volcano. Get some better bud guys. lol save yourself the effort ;)
"Better bud" involves a lot more patience than you would like to know. Some of the best tasting bud I have had took 5 months to cure. Patience is key when it comes to curing.

Also, what does a volcano have to do with anything in this thread?

"Better bud" involves a lot more patience than you would like to know. Some of the best tasting bud I have had took 5 months to cure. Patience is key when it comes to curing.

Also, what does a volcano have to do with anything in this thread?

This thead is about a process in which your weed becomes smoother and makes it possible to get high without taking in all the inactive compounds.
Thats exactly what a vaporizor does man! Without having to "wash" you weed.

When i first read this thread i was very skeptical of it, as i thought you would lose alot of tricomes thus making your weed weaker. So after a little research i see that that is not the case, in theroy. So intrigued by this post, i asked some budtenders/growers at a few medical marijuana dispensaries local to me. And they said that this is a process they would use only if dealing with a lower quality bud. Because as the percentage of THC gets higher, as with higher grade weed, so does the risk of losing tricomes in the water curing process...

This thead is about a process in which your weed becomes smoother and makes it possible to get high without taking in all the inactive compounds.
Thats exactly what a vaporizor does man! Without having to "wash" you weed.
This is fair enough, but your argument for using a vap because you won't have to wait 7 days does not make any sense to me. You are assuming that the bud you are smoking is the best it possibly can be, and I just don't believe that unless you are growing and drying/curing it yourself.

Vaps pretty much destroy the taste IMO. Maybe the water wash will too, but I haven't tried it yet, and neither have you....so again I don't understand how you can assume a vap is a better option.

Anyone here who has tried both the vap and the water wash who has an opinion on this?

Vaps pretty much destroy the taste IMO.
Really??? I've never heard anyone say that before. But i'm not saying i'm working with the worlds cleanest buds i'm just saying they are of higher quality. and you're right i haven't tried the water wash so i can't compare the two. but my thoughts are that you get the same potentcy and you keep the flavor of your buds by using a vape so why put yourself through more work? and why risk not drying them properly and destroying your stash?

Yeah, the only things I think are worth vaporizing are very strong concentrates, because it's not so much the taste that I am after there. Other than that I completely agree with you.

I'm not 100% on this, but I think THC has the lowest vaporization point of all cannabinoids. Therefore a volcano vape would be the best way to smoke with minimal contaminants.

Even if you were able to remove all inactives with the water-curing method, don't forget that a lot of the worst contaminants are produced right before inhalation; when you light the stuff to be smoked. When you apply flame to even the purest of cannabis, a lot of THC is converted via chemical reaction to combustion byproducts (CO, CO2), since the temperature of a flame is MUCH higher than the vape-point of THC.

Now if you had a volcano vape, and the temperature is low enough, you're probably keeping enough inactives out of the mix so that water-curing is unnecessary. But if you combine the two by vaping water-cured bud, this would probably be extra insurance you're keeping out inactives, and would be the smoothest of vapors/purest of smoke. But health is a trade-off for taste, as inactive cannabinoids rather than THC contribute most to taste so you need to choose one or the other.

I didn't read the entire thread, but soaking weed in water is normally called the "water cure", and is sometimes used when the weed is moldy, grown improperly, or has some sort of contaminant. Conflicting reports if it works or not.

It has not been proven to work 100%, and again is normally used by growers who mess things up in the grow process.

Let's just say I have some "Experience" with marijuana plants, I've experienced mold, tried the water cure and it was so-so, but I didn't really follow the directions to a T.

The best thing to do is grow your own, you can grow enough with a simple 400 watt CMH and tent, or if you can't, find a good dealer and stick with them. if you truly have nasty weed, try the water cure or save your lungs.

I wouldn't do this with weed you bought off the street. Rather, I would water cure my buds to cure them faster.

Makes sense. Most (if not all) cannabinoids are not soluble in water, so the only thing that would be the problem is the "force" of the water knocking the trichomes off. However, if there is not a lot of force (e.g. slowly stir the bud in water) then the THC and other cannabinoids should stay on.

I think a good test would be to make hash with a gram of weed uncleaned, and then make hash with the same kind of weed cleaned in water. If there is no difference in the amount of hash made, the water cleaning works.

What Chompy said.

If you are doing it with buds fresh from the plant it seems like a worthwhile idea: provided you arent interested in aroma or flavour otherwise you would air cure.

For weed you bought from a dealer you would expect that most of the chlorophyll had already evaporated. Perhaps to get rid of fertilisers or pesticides you would want to do it again.

I have some really harsh smoke that I have been putting off smoking because it tastes of arse. Maybe I will try it with that. I dont think seven days will be required though as it has already been dried/cured

I think for homegrown I would rather keep the smells and tastes intact though.

Not at all, sure your burning it at such a high temperature, all bacteria will be killed anyway.

i for one would like to be able to take a huge fat bong hit without feeling like my lungs are on fire afterwards, so i think i'll give this a try.

and yeah it seems impossible that no trichomes would be lost.

huge pot-head "dude if you lose 5% of trichomes you'll be 5% less high!"
me: "big fucking deal."

I am doing this with a nice sized nugget. it has been soaking for about 6 days now...... i didn't cut up the weed at all. an unmolested nug should hold its trichs rather well.