• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Do you wash your weed?

i was watching to see who would finally get across in laymans terms what huaca meant.

Huaca, im gonna try this tonight, thanks for the OG quoted info!

So water curing doesn't knock off any trichomes?

I realize there's a coffee filter and a strainer to stop them, but I would think they'd stick to the coffee filter and not the bud.

I dunno, I'm kind of hesitant to throw my pot into a bowl of water for a week... :\

if its cold water theres more of a loss.
room temp or lukewarm water wont take as much trichs off.
as long as you dont agitate the plant material too much, its okay.

when i water cured buds i just sat some buds in a glass of water for a day and took them out,
dripped off the water, and dried em.

not much difference in trich content (keep in mind i didnt grind it up, just straight buds)
but the high is noticably cleaner (less inactives and other shit).
you get more of a thc high than a high with all the other shit thrown in.

like someone on here posted a while back,
the high you feel from cannabis is also a mild poisoning due to the other chemicals in the plant matter that are being burned.

Im not going to read these replies, but the whole point isn;t to increase potency, it's to remove fertilizers and anything you dont want i the bud. It makes the smoke much smoother but you often lose taste as well compared to a bud from the same plant that'd be cured in a jar compared to curing it in water. I have friends who do it, and it definitely doesnt lose potency, it loses taste if anything, but it is always the smoothest smoking bud you could ever imagine

Thanks for the clarification Roger, I have been rolling this around in my head since i read it.

So, if I have this correct here: The amount of THC does not change, that is a constant. The only thing that changes is the amount of inactives that are present in the Cannabis?

im not sure about all the scientific parts of this, but i've washed it a quite a few times and it did in fact make the smoke smoother and my high better. id recomend trying it at least once.

if your weed is still a little damp, you might be vaporizing more of the thc rather than combusting it. the water evaporating will keep things cooler for a little longer.

+1 roger, I was also waiting to see if anyone realized the THC itself didn't increase , the % was raised relative to the weight of the washed bud.8o The weight of the washed away dirt, chemicals etc. MAY increase THC percentage, but that would require serious testing to prove.:)...Overall washing Bud seems a bit strange, but there seems to be some stuuf to read about it, it's something I would try , just to see, it is fun to play with your buds....%).

What a waste of energy.

How could washing your weed even 1 million times increase potency?

^ Because you're only washing the dirt and pesticides out, but the level of THC stays the same.

it's more about having cleaner bud to smoke.

In theory this would work. The water would wash away most of the nasty foreign materials like dirt, would most likely also wash away CBDs to reduce the hazy effect. Since THC is hydrophobic you shouldn't lose a high amount unless the plant material is agitated and trichomes knocked off.
This sounds like a solid method. I would only use it on low-grade cannabis. My biggest concern however would the wet plant stuff getting moldy. It seems just a little bit too much moisture can attract it, and after wetting it it may take a while to dry completely.

this is called water curing. you soak your bud till the water turns green. then hang the bud up to dry in a dehumidifier. it almost eliminates smell, as well as removes sugars and chlorophyll.

My sativa was ground up so it dried fast in the open air. Whole buds would be safer in a food dryer to prevent mold. The high is different for sure. The trippy head feeling is so much stronger. I'm still smoking the same size bowls and this water cured weed gets me right up there pretty fast. I'll only take a couple of hits and my thoughts will follow a stream in a daydream. Eventually I come back and look at the pipe in my hand and then I'll take a couple more hits. Maybe water cure activates more THC? I mean your water cured weed will look smaller and shrunken and be more dense but lighter. Maybe the weed shrinks 20%, but it seems like the high is way more than 20% stronger for a similar size bowl.

Everyone should try water cure one time. I only soaked mine for three days and just changed the water at the end when rinsing. It's a more intense high and smokes smoother. Who can resist that?

did this once, it was time consuming but i definitely tasted better. No loss in potency either.

Thanks for the idea Huaca, I will try this cure method with part of my next harvest coming up in one week and let you know how it goes.

:)

Last edited:
I'm gonna give this a try. I've started wheezing, and I'm wondering if it's partially from the weed. :/