• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Do you want your kids to take drugs?

birdup.snaildown

Greenlighter
Are you happy with your kids to find out about your drug history?

Do you want them to take drugs?
Will you take drugs with them?

No. And I won't condone it like my dad did. At least in the earlier years.

I would not exactly deter them either. Depends on the age. I'd explain exactly my life, how it went, how bad it went. And if they're gonna do it, make sure please know what the FUCK you're doing and research.

I'm extremely conflicted on this question. I just hope if I have a kid, it doesn't happen. Especially under 18. Using under 18 is 24% chance of addiction later and 4% after. Brain doesn't develop fully til 25 on average.

I'd definitelu suggest that if you're going to make that decision, wait til your 20s.

no, i wouldn't even want them to abuse cannabis to the extent i did, nor LSD. Though, I would gladly sit in a peyote ceremony with them at 16. (ive seen a mother feed [an extremely small scoop of] peyote to a 6 year old, that i didnt agree (at all and made that clear to her, as did a few others) with but i think by 16 they are ready). Certianly i will explain the difference between hard and soft drugs though, and not encourage any of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
My partner and I have already agreed that when our kids are old enough, we are going to start teaching them about different substances, drug safety, harm reduction, addiction, the pros and cons of using certain things. We are going to be realistic, not just "Drugs are bad, m'kay".

There will come a time when they are old enough (i.e. when they are adults) that they will learn about our drug and alcohol use history. But we've both agreed that it's inappropriate for kids to know that kinda stuff about their parents. We will be honest, where appropriate, if they ever come to us with questions about drugs, but we will neither condone it nor encourage it.

I'm aware that my kids will do drugs I only wish to teach them harm reduction.

On their 16 birthdays I'll give them testing kits and teach them how to use them and why to use them.

Ultimately I wouldn't like them to not use but it's inevitable.

Before I had any, I had no plans to produce offspring. Now that I have them, absolutely not. Not like me. I mean I wouldn't be strict like my mom was but there's a fine line there you have to walk. I can't imagine my daughter living like me. She's so well behaved and never had to yell at her or spank her. She goes to a private christian school and has never seen me drunk or high. My stepson however he's seen me beyond fucked on all kinds of rc's and shit. He's 21 my daughter is 7.

i want them to take soft drugs or what we call it meds .
Come again? Xanax and OxyContin (as but two examples) are what “we” call “meds.” no? Might want to be more specific when the time comes or narrow your definition of the word “meds.”.

Are you happy with your kids to find out about your drug history?

Do you want them to take drugs?
Will you take drugs with them?

Don't have any kids, but if I did.

Yes when they got old enough I'd tell them most of my history.
No I wouldn't want them to take drugs.

And I wouldn't take drugs with them.

Even the more benign drugs, so long as they remain illegal, remain a part of a subculture I'd be happier if my kids stayed out of.

Last edited:
I'm aware that my kids will do drugs I only wish to teach them harm reduction.

On their 16 birthdays I'll give them testing kits and teach them how to use them and why to use them.

Ultimately I wouldn't like them to not use but it's inevitable.
I’ll throw in the Cocaine then shall I (being neighbourly and all)! How you going to demonstrate the use of a test kit without a narcotic? 🤣

On a serious note: you 100% sure about the wording of your last line?

drugfreekids.org is a lot like D.A.R.E.

I would rather them do drugs than deviant sex acts. But where will they get it. no I don't have kids, but maybe introduce them to marijuana and magic mushrooms and see if that helps curb your enthusiasm.

ions said:
I would rather them do drugs than deviant sex acts.

Can you give me a couple of examples of deviant sex acts? As long as it's consensual, I don't care at all... but, I'm a deviant so I'm probably biased.

Come again? Xanax and OxyContin (as but two examples) are what “we” call “meds.” no? Might want to be more specific when the time comes or narrow your definition of the word “meds.”.
speaking of drugs in your youth, I had 350-400mg / day OC habit at 16. I do not want my daughter to experience that. That fucked me up more emotionally than anything.

well, i was sodomized at a young age. So if putting some THC in their food would avoid this.

You kidding, when it comes to my little girl anything outside of marriage is deviant.
You may want to “Unwatch” this thread sooner rather than later in order to preserve your sanity.

We have @birdup.snaildown prompting a discussion with @ions on the topic of deviant sexual acts.

I for damn sure know which is the next button I’m clicking on! 🤣

Well when you don't have the drugs to feed your intoxication drive, people lean towards sex as a drug. Some use food. Some use drink. THC gummies would be ideal. Maybe some coca tea. And magic mushrooms.

It depends on the substancen. My son is only 4 so it's difficult to think about now, but a little weed every now and then but never opiates.
He's seen me drink my methadone and asked what it is. I'm getting off it before he's old enough to know what it really is and potentially try it!!