• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Do you think 90% of your opiate(heroin,oxys,meth,subs) wds are just in your head??

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I mean BL is here to help everyone, I guess...It just seems to me that you have a lot of people trying to dispense advice without the experience to back it up....

I've been mildly addicted to benzos, but never used high doses for years on end...when I stopped, I had some psychological symptoms and rebound sleeplessness and anxiety, but it wasn't that bad.
That doesn't mean I'm gonna go into a benzo WD thread and tell somebody whose been doing 8mgs of xanax daily for ten years that, "when you stop, other than a little sleeplessness and anxiety, you'll be fine!"..
Even though, I probably could tell you a good Benzo taper that you could try, that I learned about it by reading all the other Benzo WD posts on BL, but I'd let somebody whose actually been through it post about it first!!

Not to minimize anybody's opiate habits, or be a snob here....Sure doing 200 mgs of oxy a day for a few months is definitely a lot, and could cause significant WDs, there's worse habits...

the other thing is, once you've been through it a bunch of times, it gets easier to re-addict yourself to opiates....If I did 60 mgs of Oxy for 1 week at this point, I'd go through some pretty bad withdrawal because I've already been physically addicted so many times...but for someone not physically addicted, a week or probably even a month of daily pill use is not gonna give you full blown opiate withdrawals when you stop...

Being dope sick is not cool at all, its a nasty and disgusting state to find yourself in!
Just sent you a PM :)

No, I mean BL is here to help everyone, I guess...It just seems to me that you have a lot of people trying to dispense advice without the experience to back it up....

I've been mildly addicted to benzos, but never used high doses for years on end...when I stopped, I had some psychological symptoms and rebound sleeplessness and anxiety, but it wasn't that bad.
That doesn't mean I'm gonna go into a benzo WD thread and tell somebody whose been doing 8mgs of xanax daily for ten years that, "when you stop, other than a little sleeplessness and anxiety, you'll be fine!"..
Even though, I probably could tell you a good Benzo taper that you could try, that I learned about it by reading all the other Benzo WD posts on BL, but I'd let somebody whose actually been through it post about it first!!

Not to minimize anybody's opiate habits, or be a snob here....Sure doing 200 mgs of oxy a day for a few months is definitely a lot, and could cause significant WDs, there's worse habits...

the other thing is, once you've been through it a bunch of times, it gets easier to re-addict yourself to opiates....If I did 60 mgs of Oxy for 1 week at this point, I'd go through some pretty bad withdrawal because I've already been physically addicted so many times...but for someone not physically addicted, a week or probably even a month of daily pill use is not gonna give you full blown opiate withdrawals when you stop...

Being dope sick is not cool at all, its a nasty and disgusting state to find yourself in!

Good post Hues. I agree completely.

^So important. So often on here people don't realize that their personal experience does not automatically apply to others, which can actually be harmful. Even when their situations are similar people can have very different experiences (examples: someone telling someone else it's fine to take 80mg oxycodone when opioid naive because they did it and they were fine, or someone saying you can't get physically dependent after 1 month of heroin use because they didn't have WDs when they stopped after 1 month), but the differences are even more dramatic when people are not in the same situation. This comes up a lot with drug withdrawals. Not all WDs are equal, even when it's the same drug. Like the benzo example you gave. There's a world of difference between taking something for, say, 2 months and taking it for 10 yrs, (and the doses & frequency etc are factors). And even 2 people both coming off the same drug taken for the same period of time are likely to have different WDs, since we are all different, have different brains/bodies/metabolisms/etc. *end rant ;)*

I am in WD now...I would say maybe 15% mental but all that goes with it...the runs muscle aches and cramping vomitingsweating and sneezing...It sucks...I usually take 1500 - 2000 mg of perkocet a day..I have tried not to go to anything stronger because it scares the hell outta me !! Ive been taking pills for about 15yrs....U name it Ive taken it along with everything else...hopefully this will ease in a few days...

Standard tramadol protocol. 100mg's 4 times a day. Though like I said, after that was having no effect..twice a day they would double my dose. Still nothing. Thank god for the valium they were giving me and the clonidine or I wouldn't have made it. Tramadol is some weak shit. I'll never go to another detox that gives that again. Matter of fact, I wont go to any detox on such a huge habit because even the place I was at before, which gave 20mg's of methadone the first day didn't do jack shit.
holy shit nevermind it sucking your lucky you didnt have a seizure... last night as well as one or 2 other times i have woken up/not really been asleep and kinda like woke myself jerking.. i was by myself so i cant say if it was a mini seizure or whatever but im laying off the tramadol for a while.. filled my script today and another one next week so i need to not run out
found this about tramadol and there is just too many "unknowns" for me to comfortably take it anymore
http://www.opioids.com/tramadol/prescribe.html
a centrally acting synthetic analgesic compound that is not derived from natural sources nor is it chemically related to opiates. Although its mode of action is not completely understood from animal tests, at least two complementary mechanisms appear applicable; binding to µ-opioid receptors and inhibition of reuptake of norepinephrine and serotonin. Ultram opioid activity derives from low affinity binding of the parent compound to µ-opioid receptors and higher affinity binding of the M1 metabolite. In animal models, M1 is up to 6 times more potent than tramadol in producing analgesia and 200 times more potent in µ-opioid binding. The contribution to human analgesia of tramadol relative to M1 is unknown.

in the beginning when i was self dosing about 100mg of oxy every other day i never even had withdrawl and didnt even know it existed... i would say the 1st time i noticed withdrawl was after i had been on it at about 100-150 a day everyday for about 3 or 4 months then have absolutely none and i really thought i was dying now where my intake is high and way more consistent i have noticed the withdrawls are easier .. not a walk in the park but easier than they were in the beginning...
and by the way as OP had originally brought up i hadnt had opiates for about 4 days got my script today been dosing all day and while i can feel it i still dont feel comletely feel better 100% so i completely know what you mean about needing a few days to get back to level

I am in WD now...I would say maybe 15% mental but all that goes with it...the runs muscle aches and cramping vomitingsweating and sneezing...It sucks...I usually take 1500 - 2000 mg of perkocet a day..I have tried not to go to anything stronger because it scares the hell outta me !! Ive been taking pills for about 15yrs....U name it Ive taken it along with everything else...hopefully this will ease in a few days...

What do you mean 2000mg of percs? What pill imprint is on your meds cause Percs all come with acetaminophen usually 325mg?s for every 5-10 mg?s of oxy.. so yeah if your talking about blues like roxis just call it oxy..

Anyway to this statement here ?>

There is a substantial mental component but it's pointless to attempt to quantify that because it varies substantially between individuals.

For most people, the more times they withdraw, the worse the Withdrawals get regardless of if that is disproportionate to their use - it's basic classical conditioning: the more times you experience aversive stimuli, the more you will become afraid of it so your fear will make the physical symptoms worse and worse over time .

With that said, just because there's a substantial mental component doesn't mean you can just will away the symptoms (or rather the severity of them) any more than Pavlov's dogs can choose not to salivate at the sound of a bell. You are training yourself to have worse and worse withdrawals.

On top of this, the more mentally addicted you become, the more you try to convince yourself you HAVE to use. This is done through many forms of rationalization, one of which is convincing yourself that the withdrawal will be worse than it is so you will be too afraid to stop and this fear physically makes the withdrawal worse. You often see this in people who withdraw after single uses long after being physically dependent - they haven't used enough to become dependent again but they trigger their fear of withdrawal as well as their addictive processes trying to convince them to keep using.

This is exactly how I find myself and it?s fueled by an anxiety disorder which is even more fueled by the dog food I?ve used .. my plan is to find free time and get a hold in at least 10 bars of xans hopefully some clonidine and use Benadryl with that and loperamide to kick this hell that I?m in .. but then once I?m clean the underlying reason I self medicated in the first place will be waiting for me like a bully outside of school lmao.. (I would never let anyone get bullied nor would I let myself ) random tangent* fml wish you all the best!

Even "mental" symptoms of opioid WD still have physical causes, just on a very small scale. People aren't imagining the depression, anxiety, insomnia, etc. that comes with mild opioid WD; the circuitry found within their brain has been significantly altered(if temporarily) causing great changes to their emotional state.

It sometimes helps to classify symptoms as mental/physical so we can better communicate about them and seek treatments to them. Changes in thought/mood are labeled mental, while nausea sweat and diarrhea are labeled physical, but this absolutely does not mean the mental symptoms are imagined, that's just stupid, on a molecular level they are just as physical as any other ailment.

Last edited:
First off, no, I absolutely do not believe that. I think that statement is totally ridiculous. Secondly, how is this related to Harm Reduction in any way? This seems way more like a Drug Culture item than anything else. I am way more committed to BDD than OD, but this just seems to be so far from being a HR item that it's scaring me.

I have not read the entire thread, but i know opioids are more physically addictive while meth is more psychologically addictive.

And what's up Keif'

- Your south east neighbor.

I've got to start looking at dates next time I see the latest reply is from a greenlighter...keep getting tricked into participating in dead threads.

%^ Yeah we know addicting is complicated, and sine paych some very much physical

Time we out this one to rest

It wasn?t really Other Drugs material anyway

Ok, CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.