• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Do you take amphets or meth?

Mr Blonde said:
Uh, dex-amphetamine isn't meth, it's just the dextro-isomer of amphetamine which is 'smoother' and less jittery then racemic amphetamine, sold as Adderall overseas. I don't know whether most amphetamine sold on the streets in Europe is racemic or just dextro.

racemic.

djsim said:
LOL, man youre preaching to the choir here. I did NMR specs and posted results to prove that very point; ice/speed/base = meth. Not 4MAR or anything else exotic. Where did I say otherwise? Meth can be two things (ie different salts). The HCl is the smokable kind, the sulphate is non-smokable and as such usually sold as speed powder
Yeah missed that part of your post, myself never had non-smokable speed - I've had plenty of speed thats either cut down too much or cut with something that doesn't smoke well. But never anything that doesn't smoke at all.

Check the melting point of both salts. This is the only difference. The salt may have some effect on BA but very little when it comes to amp.

As for the dex-amphetamine is not like the street amp in the UK... It is all in your head.

You may be confused by the dose, as you normally only consume 10mg/tablet of dex-amp, while you may consume anywhere up to 100mg or more of street amp per serve.

I recall one of our old BL members saying that street meth was better than his desoxyn... Same deal...

Amphetamine=amphetamine=amphetamine.

Last edited:
I don't know whether most amphetamine sold on the streets in Europe is racemic or just dextro.

Probably racemic, as the PPA available in Europe is the dl form. However, PPA is likely to be rescheduled or removed altogether from sales sometime in the future, due to increasing reports that it (or one isomer) produces hemorrhagic stroke. However, it's certainly possible some of the amphetamine sulphate produced in Europe is made via the more involved nitro or ketone intermediate routes, so perhaps supply won't be seriously affected.

You may be confused by the dose, as you normally only consume 10mg/tablet of dex-amp

When I used dex for studying, I found 20-25 mg was needed to experience a good euphoria, but I've heard of people taking far more than that amount. If dex is compared to a racemic, illegally produced and less pure product, then dosages of 100mg may not constitute much more of an active dose than would 5 or 6 dexies.

Originally Posted by phase_dancer
Meth is normally the HCl salt, not sulphate. Some impurities could certainly be harmful. I'll try and address this in a future thread, that is, when I get the chance...

djsim said:
You sure about this? I mean, all the smokable meth must be the HCl salt, but the speed which is generally sold as such is generally the sulfate salt I thought? Without going into synth dicussion, can someone answer is the salt determined by A) the salt of the psuedoephedrine (usually the HCl salt) or B) the type of acid used in the last step (hope thats not too vague)?

Depending upon the chosen synth route, a typical pseudo reduction can be done in either acidic or basic conditions. As the pseudo is usually already in the HCl form, most of the common illegal synths (HI etc) done in this country would tend to stick to using an acid medium. This means there's no purification/crystalisation required to get a crude, but useable product.

However, if the ephedrine is sourced in the sulphate form (as seen with some other, non pharm uses), it cannot be used in the hypo/I2 or similar synths unless it's first converted to the freebase.

nabollocks said:
Check the melting point of both salts. This is the only difference. The salt may have some effect on BA but very little when it comes to amp.

With amphetamine, the HCl salt is rarely, if ever seen, as it's very deliquescent and turns to a puddle when left open to the air.

Quite right PD. I was referring to street Meth (with reference to these boys smoking it). I should have said so.