• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

Do you look like a "druggy"?

No, Old white guy in a rich neighborhood, and my DOC is prescription Hydrocodone ( I dress well at my drug dealers, Pharmacy LOL LOL). and with weed now legal in my home state, and we all know about Liquor Stores being "ESSENTIAL" during Lock down ( But they closed the houses of worship??
Functioning + alcoholic/Drug addict = Has a Job Ha Ha !!

Always wondered about crap teeth, especially amongst heavy drug (ab)users.
It's not like the drugs themselves make your teeth fall out ; it's that folks who get heavily intoxicated constantly in general start to severely neglect their hygiene. Add to that the majority of heavy users also tend to be heavy smokers, and smoking makes your gums recede. Then there's the fact that methadone is intensely sugary (supposed to counteract the bitter taste) and rots your teeth if you don't practice dental hygiene.

Also if you go heavy on opiates it gives you cotton mouth and saliva actually has some protective function.
I always used to rinse out my mouth with clean water after taking methadone, as well as in general always having some water on me to take little sips, or sugar - free chewing gum to encourage salivation and keep my mouth from drying out.
Also never went without toothpaste even if I had to steal it.

Last edited:
It's not like the drugs themselves make your teeth fall out ; it's that folks who get heavily intoxicated constantly in general start to severely neglect their hygiene. Add to that the majority of heavy users also tend to be heavy smokers, and smoking makes your gums recede. Then there's the fact that methadone is intensely sugary (supposed to counteract the bitter taste) and rots your teeth if you don't practice dental hygiene.
This.

Not now. But for a few years when I had a real bad habit and doing my level best to live on smack, and could go 5 days on an apple and a sandwich not even noticing how little I was eating, yes. I mean I didn't look filthy or anything - always tried to keep on top of my personal hygiene because for one, I have some self - respect, and for another, I really like my teeth xd.
I've always been slim though so dropping even a few kilos meant I was sporting that classic emaciated walking - corpse look for a while
The '90s "Heroin Chic" look was quite popular for a while in certain fashion circles

It's not like the drugs themselves make your teeth fall out ; it's that folks who get heavily intoxicated constantly in general start to severely neglect their hygiene. Add to that the majority of heavy users also tend to be heavy smokers, and smoking makes your gums recede.
I thought that drugs can restrict blood flow (to various degrees, depending on the substance) which also makes gums recede. Am I wrong?

The '90s "Heroin Chic" look was quite popular for a while in certain fashion circles

I thought that drugs can restrict blood flow (to various degrees, depending on the substance) which also makes gums recede. Am I wrong?
Heavy methamphetamine use can interfere with blood flow to vital organs and can cause heart failure. It doesn't affect your gums.
Some drugs however cause a restriction of salivary flow, and a constant dry mouth allows bacteria to proliferate

Last edited:
So in summary, perhaps 75% of us resemble the childcatcher from chitty chitty bang bang with the remaining 25% being a variation on a Charles Hawtrey/Kenneth Williams theme?

Is it because you resemble Catweasel?
I fuckin ' love Catweazle!!

... " PEOPLE. They make my head buzz"
... " Nothing WORKS!!" XD

PS the actor was actually only in his mid - forties at the time but looked about 20 yrs older because of his naturally spare frame. Originally he refused the role that would get him remembered because 'tell them the character is too old'

I reckon I look like a druggie from the 60's & 70's (when I started using)...
Long hair, short beard, tie-dyed T-shirts, ragged jeans.
Yeah, I'm an old hippie and not ashamed of it.

Funny, the young druggies I've met in jail & rehab were all clean-shaven & had crew cuts or shaved heads.

So in summary, perhaps 75% of us resemble the childcatcher from chitty chitty bang bang with the remaining 25% being a variation on a Charles Hawtrey/Kenneth Williams theme?
I had to look up them, you have a very retro taste when it comes to likeness references I must say.