• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

Do you look like a "druggy"?

What's the look/sound opioid addicts have? I know some, especially if using, come off sounding flat/monotone. And other than addicts on the street, I don't know what universal look they(we) all tend to have. I really am curious and I wanna know if I have these traits lol

The look is usually just malnurished, but it's a particular movement. It's like slightly too relaxed but also slightly shaky at the same time. I can't really describe the voice but it's like a moaning, slightlllllly slurred speach that's extremely particular. If you're around a lot of heroin addicts or attend a methadone clinic you get to notice it super easily. My dad even noticed it just from dropping me off at the methadone place ("they ALL look and sound exactly the same. Please don't end up that.")
It's like how you can tell a person is either an alcoholic or just a heavy drinker. Like slimmer limbs but a swollen torso, usualy with a swollen puffy-looking face. That way of enunciating words clearly as an over-compensation for being intoxicated (my parents used to tell me I spoke more clearly and sounded slightly posh was I was trying to hide that I'd been drinking. I was just trying not to slur, but obviously I OVERcompensated).
Or (in the morning, or if they still work) pale, trembly, sweating.

i have been turned away from cafe's when i was an addict but ive changed my style a little bit since then
now it could be down to the clothing or the fact they knew i was gonna use their toilet to 'get fixed up' like i had before

I think I get viewed as the guy that may have used drugs at one point but now he’s really got his shit together. Often at most I get treated like a stoner cuz of my voice (hard to hide that weed speak).

I remember couple years back smoking outside a bar with my wife and brother, and this guy commented on how we don’t look the type to be so ballsy about it. (We we’re in the exact opposite of a legal state lol.)

This “look” is something I’ve been cultivating since a young age. I remember being 15 and super into all the stoner shit, but also lived in a small town. Pretty quickly I went from Grateful Dead and Led Zeppelin shirts with hemp necklaces to preppy clothes in an effort to “look normal.”

This mentality has more or less stuck since.

Ask people close to me, I’m such a tweak about this that if anyone rides with me to festivals I tell em to dress nice, aka don’t dress like a wook til we get there. No flat brims, crazy shirts, or harem pants. You dress like your going to see family at Easter lol.

-GC

I think I get viewed as the guy that may have used drugs at one point but now he’s really got his shit together. Often at most I get treated like a stoner cuz of my voice (hard to hide that weed speak).

I remember couple years back smoking outside a bar with my wife and brother, and this guy commented on how we don’t look the type to be so ballsy about it. (We we’re in the exact opposite of a legal state lol.)

This “look” is something I’ve been cultivating since a young age. I remember being 15 and super into all the stoner shit, but also lived in a small town. Pretty quickly I went from Grateful Dead and Led Zeppelin shirts with hemp necklaces to preppy clothes in an effort to “look normal.”

This mentality has more or less stuck since.

Ask people close to me, I’m such a tweak about this that if anyone rides with me to festivals I tell em to dress nice, aka don’t dress like a wook til we get there. No flat brims, crazy shirts, or harem pants. You dress like your going to see family at Easter lol.

-GC
lol its a good way to get drugs into a normal festival i would say probably but if i went to a psytrance/rave festival dressed to the 9's, it wuld have the opposite effect and be seen as a narc haha i just wear what i find comfy, if i have to change my regular clothes, it feels like putting on a fake mask, i did it the other month when out with people from college and felt uncomfortable even after a few drinks, but if i dressed how i feel comfortable, i wouldnt have been allowed in, and if a bar has that policy on the doors and the bouncer is around, i tend to not wanna give them my patronage if their gonna patronize me over a pair of trainers/sneakers

lol its a good way to get drugs into a normal festival i would say probably but if i went to a psytrance/rave festival dressed to the 9's, it wuld have the opposite effect and be seen as a narc haha i just wear what i find comfy, if i have to change my regular clothes, it feels like putting on a fake mask, i did it the other month when out with people from college and felt uncomfortable even after a few drinks, but if i dressed how i feel comfortable, i wouldnt have been allowed in, and if a bar has that policy on the doors and the bouncer is around, i tend to not wanna give them my patronage if their gonna patronize me over a pair of trainers/sneakers

That it is ;) I change literally soon as I park the car.

And I never go to bars like the ones you describe, we don’t really have too many like that around us anyways that’s behavior reserved for snobby clubs that I wouldn’t want to enter anyways.

Im not talking anything fancy, just normal people clothes. You know jeans, regular shirt, no hat or crazy jewelry. Cuz festival attire for me is usually torn up pants/harem pants, no shirt, and heady jewelry.

-GC

At one point I did. I was just losing too much weight. But I got that under control.
Someone may clock me as a weed smoker, but hopefully not a hard drug user.

Funny thing is — the more I started using drugs, the more I started taking care of my appearance.
I have NEVER looked like a druggie!

Festivalwear? I just slip on a smock and hey, its Catweasel. Hold a sword - say hello to Arthur Pendragon.

I have many looks - all quite fashionable.

To put the OP another way - have you ever looked at the tomato soup dripping down your front and thought "fuck it im on drugs!"

What are harem pants? Also, pants are underwear.

Pants that are baggy as fuck around the crotch. Perfect for dancing long hours in. Also they’re often made of pretty light material, so they’re good to stay cool too.

Also another thing, I swear by wearing buffs around the neck that have been soaked in water. I went from dying in the 95f heat to almost feeling cold at times once I figured this trick out. Just soak a buff then put it on and I only had to re soak it like once an hour.

That’s all I need or want on really… I can’t imagine those people that are dressed up in crazy attire, sweating like crazy, that looks like a great way to get you some neurotoxicity.

If it’s a colder festival, I just dress normally. I do sometimes get asked if it’s my first festival based on this alone, until I start dancing.. I don’t see a need to dress to out there or crazy, I’m getting middle aged, I’m just there to dance til my body hurts.

-GC

38-CABE04-F455-4-E5-F-8900-573037-C7-FE5-D.jpg

4100-B4-D5-427-B-451-F-BE52-CC9-E8-E032-C66.jpg

779775-FC-4-F71-4-BCF-A4-B2-A620-A4-DDE1-B1.jpg

You mean like these little lovelies?

I try very hard not to and so I really hope that I don't. It's not that I don't want to look like a drug user, I just want to look healthy and pretty! I do bodybuilding and hope I look athletic, in fact I know I look athletic. But it pisses me off that here even is a stereotype look. People don't look bad because of the drugs they use as much as because they way society treats them (us).

To put the OP another way - have you ever looked at the tomato soup dripping down your front and thought "fuck it im on drugs!"
I am not on DRUGS. I abuse one drug only and that is it - bad enough. I don't eat when I smoke crack and I DO NOT act like a weirdo, believe it or not. I am bipolar manic mostly and it calms me the F...K down!

What the heck are you talking about????
Unless I have missed something it sounds like Ismene is just making a generic joke based on the more typical behaviour members such as myself engage in.

I am not on DRUGS. I abuse one drug only and that is it - bad enough. I don't eat when I smoke crack and I DO NOT act like a weirdo, believe it or not. I am bipolar manic mostly and it calms me the F...K down!

You are the one person that emphatically stated that you do not look like a druggy and I am sure that no one actually can or would dispute that.

The comments were not intended to offend or suggest otherwise as it sounds like you are not a 'druggy', let alone look like one. While I cannot imagine the struggle you have to face with bi - polar disorder (the rarest of chronic psychotic illnesses as far as I am aware) the crack use sounds like a logical and understandable attempt at self medication more than abuse, with stimulants often used by people experiencing manic or hyperactive episodes due to their paradoxical ability to provide a sense of calm under such circumstances. Please do not take the responses personally - I know Ismene does not need me to speak for him but with no one actually able to speak to your real life situation the comments were typical of the flippant humour here and I am confident that no serious implications were intended.