• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion


    Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: F.U.B.A.R. | chinup |
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Do you look like a "druggy"?

matt<3ketamine

Bluelighter
Joined
Apr 15, 2010
Messages
2,837
Location
at the bottom of your bag of k
I walked into a Head shop recently filled with bongs and asked the stoners behind the counter if they had any glass bowl pipes or stems “you know, like a Sweet puff”.

They just looked at me like I was scum and told me they didn’t stock “tweaker shit” or words to that effect. Then blanked me til I left.

Clearly I was the wrong type of druggie. Even though I was straight, polite, and well-groomed.
I'd write a complaint online about that, that's just nasty
 

Safrolette

Bluelighter
Joined
Oct 22, 2009
Messages
1,150
ive used drugs since the age of 12 and am now 23 last 3 years have been smoking heroin and crack and ocasionally iv heroin and crack speed ball but i dont use every day and go the gym so no look like a normal gorgeous young man and people have no idea that im a hardcore druggy and get complemented by girls all the time just goes to show the sterotype of a drug addict is a load of bollox it will catch up with you tho same as smoking tobbaco and drinking ages you A lot of addicts dont eat properly or brush their teeth and shower sleep rough or not sleeping at allbthat is what gives them the classic meth head look

Any hope of a photo (ideally with no top on) gorgeous young man?😉 :love:😘
 

The UltimateFixx

Bluelighter
Joined
Jul 8, 2021
Messages
629
Location
North Wales
Not now. But for a few years when I had a real bad habit and doing my level best to live on smack, and could go 5 days on an apple and a sandwich not even noticing how little I was eating, yes. I mean I didn't look filthy or anything - always tried to keep on top of my personal hygiene because for one, I have some self - respect, and for another, I really like my teeth xd.
I've always been slim though so dropping even a few kilos meant I was sporting that classic emaciated walking - corpse look for a while
 

Iceman1216

Bluelighter
Joined
Feb 27, 2019
Messages
871
Location
North East - Long Island
No, Old white guy in a rich neighborhood, and my DOC is prescription Hydrocodone ( I dress well at my drug dealers, Pharmacy LOL LOL). and with weed now legal in my home state, and we all know about Liquor Stores being "ESSENTIAL" during Lock down ( But they closed the houses of worship??
Functioning + alcoholic/Drug addict = Has a Job Ha Ha !!
 

The UltimateFixx

Bluelighter
Joined
Jul 8, 2021
Messages
629
Location
North Wales
Always wondered about crap teeth, especially amongst heavy drug (ab)users.
It's not like the drugs themselves make your teeth fall out ; it's that folks who get heavily intoxicated constantly in general start to severely neglect their hygiene. Add to that the majority of heavy users also tend to be heavy smokers, and smoking makes your gums recede. Then there's the fact that methadone is intensely sugary (supposed to counteract the bitter taste) and rots your teeth if you don't practice dental hygiene.

Also if you go heavy on opiates it gives you cotton mouth and saliva actually has some protective function.
I always used to rinse out my mouth with clean water after taking methadone, as well as in general always having some water on me to take little sips, or sugar - free chewing gum to encourage salivation and keep my mouth from drying out.
Also never went without toothpaste even if I had to steal it.
 
Last edited:

Pumpkin2021

Bluelighter
Joined
Feb 25, 2021
Messages
1,632
Location
Michigan
It's not like the drugs themselves make your teeth fall out ; it's that folks who get heavily intoxicated constantly in general start to severely neglect their hygiene. Add to that the majority of heavy users also tend to be heavy smokers, and smoking makes your gums recede. Then there's the fact that methadone is intensely sugary (supposed to counteract the bitter taste) and rots your teeth if you don't practice dental hygiene.
This.
 

Safrolette

Bluelighter
Joined
Oct 22, 2009
Messages
1,150
Not now. But for a few years when I had a real bad habit and doing my level best to live on smack, and could go 5 days on an apple and a sandwich not even noticing how little I was eating, yes. I mean I didn't look filthy or anything - always tried to keep on top of my personal hygiene because for one, I have some self - respect, and for another, I really like my teeth xd.
I've always been slim though so dropping even a few kilos meant I was sporting that classic emaciated walking - corpse look for a while
The '90s "Heroin Chic" look was quite popular for a while in certain fashion circles

It's not like the drugs themselves make your teeth fall out ; it's that folks who get heavily intoxicated constantly in general start to severely neglect their hygiene. Add to that the majority of heavy users also tend to be heavy smokers, and smoking makes your gums recede.
I thought that drugs can restrict blood flow (to various degrees, depending on the substance) which also makes gums recede. Am I wrong?
 

The UltimateFixx

Bluelighter
Joined
Jul 8, 2021
Messages
629
Location
North Wales
The '90s "Heroin Chic" look was quite popular for a while in certain fashion circles


I thought that drugs can restrict blood flow (to various degrees, depending on the substance) which also makes gums recede. Am I wrong?
Heavy methamphetamine use can interfere with blood flow to vital organs and can cause heart failure. It doesn't affect your gums.
Some drugs however cause a restriction of salivary flow, and a constant dry mouth allows bacteria to proliferate
 
Last edited:

Ismene2

Bluelighter
Joined
Oct 29, 2018
Messages
1,065
So in summary, perhaps 75% of us resemble the childcatcher from chitty chitty bang bang with the remaining 25% being a variation on a Charles Hawtrey/Kenneth Williams theme?
 

The UltimateFixx

Bluelighter
Joined
Jul 8, 2021
Messages
629
Location
North Wales
Is it because you resemble Catweasel?
I fuckin ' love Catweazle!!

... " PEOPLE. They make my head buzz"
... " Nothing WORKS!!" XD

PS the actor was actually only in his mid - forties at the time but looked about 20 yrs older because of his naturally spare frame. Originally he refused the role that would get him remembered because 'tell them the character is too old'
 

jasperkent

Bluelighter
Joined
May 19, 2015
Messages
756
Location
Chattanooga, TN
I reckon I look like a druggie from the 60's & 70's (when I started using)...
Long hair, short beard, tie-dyed T-shirts, ragged jeans.
Yeah, I'm an old hippie and not ashamed of it.
 

Safrolette

Bluelighter
Joined
Oct 22, 2009
Messages
1,150
So in summary, perhaps 75% of us resemble the childcatcher from chitty chitty bang bang with the remaining 25% being a variation on a Charles Hawtrey/Kenneth Williams theme?
I had to look up them, you have a very retro taste when it comes to likeness references I must say.
 
Top