• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Do you have to wait a certain amount of time when going from subs to naltrexone pills?

ronniexmex69

Greenlighter
I am currently trying a rapid detox at home doing subs 4mg yesterday, 2mg today, then seeing how i feel each day with the goal of taking zero suboxone. Will I be thrown into PWD if I take a vivitrol after being on subs for a couple days?

I am doing subs only as a rapid detox to lessen the effects of withdrawal from oxycodone. The ultimate goal is to get on Naltrexone/Vivitrol in order to curb cravings for alcohol and block opiates. I am wondering if I need to wait a certain amount of time off of subs because it is a "half agonist". I don't want to be thrown into another round of PWD that I did when I first started the subs.

Will I be thrown into PWD if I take a vivitrol after being on subs for a couple days?

Most likely, you really want to wait the 5 - 7 days as recommended, especially with buprenorphine’ s long half-life.

You shouldn't need Naltrexone if uve beaten an opioid addiction. Naltrexone blocks endogenous opioids as well which ur body naturally creates to fight pain and regulate mood, plus if u had a traumatic injury god forbid ud be screwed cos the hospital wont be able to control ur pain.

YES!!!

Do not take naltrexone until you are so clean you are feeling 100%. At least the 5-7 days as deru says. Even months clean I got hit with narcan and felt like my soul was removed.

I would personally let the subs come out naturally, though and not even touch the vivatrol. But you must for sure go several days (week+) before taking it after putting subs in you.

Have you gotten to 3 days clean yet? Set that as your 1st goal and take it from there.