Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Do you have a good psychiatrist?

Survival0200

Bluelighter
Do you have a good psychiatrist?

Tell us about him/her!

I kind of have mixed feelings about mine. Prescribes me Lyrica, but hates benzos - especially Xanax.

Wish I had someone else, but I'm currently stuck with her, since I can't afford paying for a private psychiatrist.

I think most psychiatrists love to prescribe shit for all kinds of conditions, but mine thinks psychotherapy is better than drugs ...

Well, that's sort of what Psychiatrists do. They're usually not therapists, so they will just prescribe drugs, because that's their job, basically. They're usually not allowed to do cognitive therapy, unless they're therapists.

Psychotherapy is great, and I'm a big fan. I'm a musical therapist, and use what I know on my self, usually. There's only been a few cases, where I actually sought out a therapist, once my aunt & a bunch of times Hannes Kapuste(for microdosing psychotrope substances), who is a sort-of famous Health Scientist & Therapist in Germany. He is amazing, and I wish I had met him sooner instead of using empathogenics like an idiot to get "rid" of my AS ticks & freak-outs. He told me he could have achieved the same result with Psychotropes, without the backlash of having an unproductive thyroid and being depleted of emotion :/
My Aunt is OK I guess, but I didn't like talking to someone who is related to me. She just offered her help & I accepted, so just lied to her for an hour to make her happy.

The only good psychiatrist is the one you can bribe

My psychiatrist is a great guy. He's pretty down to earth, if not a bit awkward. He's got me on Abilify, fluvoxamine, and lithium and highly encourages therapy. This mix of meds has helped with my bipolar disorder tremendously. I can't afford a therapist though, and my last one just hit collections. I'd probably be doing even better if I could afford a therapist. -_-

Edit: forgot to add, my psychiatrist is pretty much pro-hallucinogenics. Like, he won't ever explicitly condone the illicit use of them, but he tiptoes around it in a way that shows he knows how beneficial they can be. If he could, I'm sure he'd straight up tell you to do mushrooms or LSD depending on your condition.

Last edited:
I have the best psychiatrist: None. 8o
Been a while and prolly need a battery of em on call but think removing myself from the issue(s) makes more sense (only for me). Conquering one problem only breeds 3 more. Gets old as fuck beating back the bats. tsk-tsk-tsk-he-e
It's cold out here, man.
Need brains.