• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Do you guys think the DEA is closer to banning Kratom than in the past?

Mycophile

Bluelighter
I'm just another Kratom supporter who's concerned about this. I mean they've been trying to ban Kratom for years, and it seemed to nearly happen that one time about a year and a half ago, yet it didn't. Now the AKA is saying that the DEA is preparing to possibly give another "scheduling announcement" soon, and that really concerns me. How can they just simply ban it? They just don't have any real evidence that it's dangerous. But that's beside the point cause they'll create evidence. So I'm just wondering, do you guys think that the DEA is closer to succeeding this time than they were in the past, or that it's just the same old story? And what more can we do to stop them? I've signed petitions, and I donate money every month to an org who is trying to stop them. I've made calls in the past, but not recently, so I know I should again. Do you guys think it will be banned before 2019?

This was the language used by one vendor that got me concerned:

There are persistent rumors that DEA intends to make a scheduling announcement in the near future. The AKA is actively working to make sure all supporters are aware of the current situation and prepared for a regulatory battle if one occurs.

im very fucking surprised it hasn't been scheduled. I think the fact that they would see deaths increase by a huge percentage and then get blamed is the only reason they havn't yet...and they know this.

It's great that you've been active in trying to stop the scheduling of kratom. I don't think the DEA gives a fuck about the people who would die after switching to heroin if kratom gets banned.

I think they haven't banned it yet because there is such a good support system behind kratom. Keep up the fight, don't give in, because we aren't just fighting for ourselves but for all the people who would be hurt by the banning of this wonderful, but not perfect, plant.

They've opened two (or more) Kraton shops in my region. There is only MMJ in my region, with one dispensary serving a large, large geographic area.

Soooooo, in NY I see Kratom having no problem being untouched by LEO for another 5 years.

What actually happens? Who knows. All I can say, is that they put in a Kratom shop in a SUPER conservative college town just this month.
You could probably make $2-3 grand a day for a month without legal problems, or about $20-30k without a preemptive close.

They've opened two (or more) Kraton shops in my region. There is only MMJ in my region, with one dispensary serving a large, large geographic area.

Soooooo, in NY I see Kratom having no problem being untouched by LEO for another 5 years.

What actually happens? Who knows. All I can say, is that they put in a Kratom shop in a SUPER conservative college town just this month.
You could probably make $2-3 grand a day for a month without legal problems, or about $20-30k without a preemptive close.

I'm from NY as well, down in Westchester.

What part are you from?

I've never been to a Kratom shop before, but I'd like to just to see what they are actually like. I just enjoy all of mine at home.

Yeah, they'll keep trying, but the AKA is not going to give them an easy time with it.

It's so fucking stupid. I mean, Kratom could not be a much more benign plant and their attacking it is really just nonsensical.

I mean it's practically like somebody just getting up and deciding that Kombucha needs to be illegal LOL.

Sure, it's addictive, but if you are just moderate about it you can enjoy it and have zero problems. The fucking FDA and DEA want people to think this is some horrible drug that is worsening the opioid epidemic when in fact it would help it. I wish those people nothing but the worst luck in their lives, and they are doing this all because of money because they are in big pharma's pocket.

Anyways, I'm stocking up, and they can take mine from my cold dead hands haha.