• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Do you find Alcohol more recreational than Xanax?

drfeelgood1

Bluelighter
I threw out all my Xanax pills (in a safe manner), since I did not like them anymore.
They were making more irritable, depressed mood, sleepy, drowsy, and emtpy feeling inside. No buzz at all or euphoria.
I was given for my panic attacks. Been taking 1 to 1.5mg a day.

So taking a few shots of hard liquor it does calm me down, but even gives me a slight buzz feeling. I dont wanna get wasted or flat out "drunk" just enough shots to get me calm along with the buzz like feeling of alcohol in which Xanax does not do, it just kills the panic feeling without the buzz.

I know alcohol is bad for the liver, but I wont drink it like every day.

So does anyone think that Benzos do really SUCK???? in this matter?

Or has anyone substituted alcohol for Benzos?

for euphoria and recreational purposes, yeah they do. alcohol was always better for euphoria. fuck xanax. all i ever did was black out and do dumb shit idr. at least with alcohol i could take a few shots and still function

Yeah I find alcohol to be much more euphoric and all around a better time.
Most benzos just cause me to black out even in low doses the only time I enjoy them is when tensions or anxiety is high.

Some people swear by them but unless it's IV they are essentially useless for recreation.

Yep I agree!!!!! Xanax (and perhaps all benzos) suck. No buzz or euphoria....
I just threw them out.

They make me tired and sleepy. Its almost just like taking antihistamines like Benadryl or something.

I never even understood this though.
If there not recreational, then why is it a Sched 4 drug??? I dont just get it.

It is a semi-reasonable schedule due to the physical addiction. I hate how some people rationalize using buttloads because they barely feel any "taboo" pleasure from then get physically dependent.

So looks like alcohol is the winner here.
Now, again, and I stressed this. I am NOT intending to be "wasted" or being drunked out of my mind here.
I am just looking for a nice mellow-like euphoric relaxed feeling.
Xanax does calm me down but with an empyy feeling, with no "character" like alcohol would.

So maybe drinking like 1 or 2 shots of straight vodka would perhaps be the best.
But not everyday though.

I threw out all my Xanax pills (in a safe manner), since I did not like them anymore.
They were making more irritable, depressed mood, sleepy, drowsy, and emtpy feeling inside. No buzz at all or euphoria.
I was given for my panic attacks. Been taking 1 to 1.5mg a day.

So taking a few shots of hard liquor it does calm me down, but even gives me a slight buzz feeling. I dont wanna get wasted or flat out "drunk" just enough shots to get me calm along with the buzz like feeling of alcohol in which Xanax does not do, it just kills the panic feeling without the buzz.

I know alcohol is bad for the liver, but I wont drink it like every day.

So does anyone think that Benzos do really SUCK???? in this matter?

Or has anyone substituted alcohol for Benzos?

How long and how often were you taking the xanax for? If you took it enough to be physically dependent on it it's dangerous to just stop like that, and by adding alcohol now you would be at an even higher risk of seizure.

I've found Xanax to be medicinally brilliant, but never euphoric or recreational.

And I don't particularly like alcohol so neither are great IMO!

Some people swear by them but unless it's IV they are essentially useless for recreation.

Why would you I.v benzos for recreation? Other then a quicker onset, the highis no better then oral use. One exception I know of is midazolam, but its unheard of outside hospitals.
Also, its a bad idea to I.v oills designed for oral use.....pointless.com

Ethanol is by far better for recreation value than any benzo. Too bad for the hangover, but thats also what keeps it from being as addictive as benzos imo.

Alcohol most definitely beats benzos recreationally in general. I would say the reason is because benzos alone provide a very impressive anti anxiety and overal benzo type effect which can still maintain your current mood but fail to provide the emotional/social/mood enhancing/sillyness confidence boosting social effect that booze does.

That said ill share a little secret of mine since it was mentioned earlier. A few beers mixed with a very small amount of zolpidem/ambien (half a tab) is an amazing combination, but beware as it can get dangerous and out of hand very easily. For some reason this does not apply to alcohol and benzos at all for some reason, only zolpidem. To me its obvious they are utterly and completely different drugs.

Alcohol = Sociably and acceptable to use in public in social situations, can loosen you up but alcohol is the most hardcore drug on the body then any other 'popular abused' drugs out there, plus alcohol has the horrible hangover effect if used to much, plus the stomach ache problems...

Xanax = I recommend to use it ONLY at night before bed to help with bad insomnia or just to 'relax' before bed. If taken in 'recreational' dosages in the daytime or when out and about with friends you are liable and likely to do some (and say some) of the DUMBEST shit you've ever done in your life. Now in theraputic doses (0.5mg - 2mg) it can help people feel more relaxed and reduce anxiety.

I had been taking 1.5mg a day. Never even at 2mg or higher.
Even when I stopped before, I never had been craving for them. There junk. They make me more irritable, sleepy, and just dumb.

And I dont get people who abuse alcohol as well...
Why in the heck they have to get wasted or "sloppy drunk" until they puke their guts out the next morning???
I just dont get it.

Just take a shot and get that slight buzz feeling going on, and thats it....Thats the way I do it. And then stop there. No more.

I never understood why people or drinkers, get overboard.
I rather get that mellow buzzy feeling from drinking than getting so called drunk and getting that hangover the next day.
A few shots for me and I stop right there. Thats about it.

Benzos honestly should not be viewed recreational in any way. Although the GABAergic effects of benzodiazepines provide relief from anxiety, in no way are they recreational. I don't understand why people take xanax, valium ect recreationally. It is a waste of time and can be extremely dangerous. I would rather drink a couple beers and relax.

Why would you I.v benzos for recreation? Other then a quicker onset, the highis no better then oral use. One exception I know of is midazolam, but its unheard of outside hospitals.
Also, its a bad idea to I.v oills designed for oral use.....pointless.com

I was referring to the midazolam I got for my wisdom tooth removal actually. Any benzo dissolved properly for injection will have a better high (most aren't water soluble). I believe hospitals also have diazepam solution, possibly not in water.

^
Thats exactly my point though, ANY benzo wont have a better high by I.v. Midazolam is in a very small sub-group of benzos that is alot better by I.v because it create a rush-type feeling.
I have had a couple of benzos by oral and I.v routes (diazepam and lorazepam) and other then a 10min wait for onset, the high is no different.
pharmacology backs up this statement because benzos have a BA in the 90%+ by both routes.
Midazolam is an exception but the exception that proves the rule.