• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Do you feel CBD or high CBD/lower THC strains give you less anxiety?

Does CBD and/or high CBD strains make weed less anxiety inducing?

• Mixing CBD and/or high CBD strains has a little effect on my weed anxiety but not much

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • High CBD strains really help it, but not mixing CBD w/ reg weed so much

• Mixing CBD w/ reg weed helps it, but not high CBD strains so much

• Total voters

Mycophile

Bluelighter
I've been having a difference of opinion on this with some people, and while I have never smoked a high CBD strain or mixed CBD with weed and I don't smoke much weed lately, I used to smoke a TON of weed and for many years I didn't get much anxiety from it but then later I started to.

I already have anxiety and take meds for it, but I'm REALLY hoping once high CBD/low THC strains are available in my state I could use them instead of taking my medication so often as I take Klonopin and would like to take less.

Some people are saying they don't feel that high CBD/low THC strains really give them less anxiety than higher THC strains, or that mixing CBD products with regular weed makes the experience less anxiety producing, while others say CBD does help with weed anxiety.

What do you guys think?

I appreciate your thought out post and I'll try to answer your question, but the poll options are limited as far as how people consume CBD. You are missing concentrates as well as edibles (while we are at it, don't forget about sublingual and trans-dermal), both are fairly popular ROAs.

I prefer concentrates when using CBD because I generally need more CBD (than THC) and smoking the equivalent amount of 20%+ CBD flower (a joint or two) proves to be more difficult. I'm good with smoking high THC flower strains because I don't even need a joints worth to get the effects I'm looking for, so smoking it is rather easy and preferred.

I get anxiety relief from CBD with or without THC. I generally take a couple dabs of CBD dipped in a custom terpene blend (beta caryophyllene, myrcene, linalool, limonene and alpha pinene) to get anxiety relief. Taking a small amount of THC, with some CBD terp dabs, produces a good amount of euphoria but anxiety relief from THC seems minimal in my opinion. CBD is necessary.

I appreciate your thought out post and I'll try to answer your question, but the poll options are limited as far as how people consume CBD. You are missing concentrates as well as edibles (while we are at it, don't forget about sublingual and trans-dermal), both are fairly popular ROAs.

I prefer concentrates when using CBD because I generally need more CBD (than THC) and smoking the equivalent amount of 20%+ CBD flower (a joint or two) proves to be more difficult. I'm good with smoking high THC flower strains because I don't even need a joints worth to get the effects I'm looking for, so smoking it is rather easy and preferred.

I get anxiety relief from CBD with or without THC. I generally take a couple dabs of CBD dipped in a custom terpene blend (beta caryophyllene, myrcene, linalool, limonene and alpha pinene) to get anxiety relief. Taking a small amount of THC, with some CBD terp dabs, produces a good amount of euphoria but anxiety relief from THC seems minimal in my opinion. CBD is necessary.

Ok but seriously NO ONE voted cause some of the options are limited?

And I'm confused on your last part I bolded: does CBD help your THC anxiety or not?

REALLY what I most want to know, is for people who get weed anxiety from high THC low-CBD strains, if you smoke high CBD low-THC strains, do you find you don't have as much weed anxiety?

I'll make it simpler and have the be the question really.

Ok I voted. Here is what I learned with weed and anxiety, I can smoke any strain at 3:00AM when I get up to pee and use it to go back to sleep. No anxiety. However any strain gives me anxiety in a bad setting. Usually a public one. Or when my mind is racing with the daily BS that we all go through. Not good. I have even gotten the shakes. But smoking any strain before I play guitar or doing something I love I don't get anxiety.

I personally believe CBD does give a high similar to THC. This whole modern day movement to legalization amuses me. But it is more relaxing for sure. There is that powder that you can put into a tea. We have one from a dispensary. The 50% CBD and 50% THC in a tea is very soothing. More relaxing than straight THC. But THC itself eventually makes me sleepy too. The jury is still out, we will here opinions and stories but we have to decide for ourselves.

Ok but seriously NO ONE voted cause some of the options are limited?

And I'm confused on your last part I bolded: does CBD help your THC anxiety or not?

REALLY what I most want to know, is for people who get weed anxiety from high THC low-CBD strains, if you smoke high CBD low-THC strains, do you find you don't have as much weed anxiety?

I'll make it simpler and have the be the question really.
Thanks for the clarification. I voted.