• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Do you ever go into withdrawals, minutes after shooting up Oxymorphone/ Opana

beamin

Greenlighter
I take 10 mg (1 pill)of oxymorphone IV 4 times a day for recovering from back surgery. I tried shooting up two pills at once yesterday and it felt the same as shooting up one. But about 20 minutes later my back hurt really bad and; I started to get really cold;thirsty; and started shaking badly. This is what happens when I wake up in the morning and don't shoot up for a few hours; that's normal withdrawal. The only thing I could do to make it feel better was take a half long hour shower and it went away. Why would I have withdrawal from taking more* and it happening 20 min later when the drug was still in my system full force? Normally I don't feel with drawl until 12-15 hours after my last dose?

^ does sound like it
OP, do you re-use needles and or rigs?
or perhaps its cotton fever? what do yuo use to filter?

A dirty shot? My technique:
The pill is crushed into sterile cup
I add 0.7CC of sterile isotonic 0.9% saline sold for IV'ing from the pharmacy
The liquid is passed through a gauze filter sucked up by a syringe with no needle;
passed through another 2" by 1/2" gauze filter ( i make) in another syringe. Drawn up in another new sterile syringe with out the needle
passed though a sterile pink (10? micron) wheel filter on the end into a sterile vial
then sucked up into a sterile new 31ga insuline needle and shot into an area cleaned with rubbing alcohol. Very clean. Every instrument is opened brand new. Gauze is sterile and cut with sanitized scissors and gloved hands. And placed on a clan paper surgical towel paper like you get in the dentist.

Solution is as clear as water with a slight tint from the color of the pill

Last edited:
hmm, then perhaps you're having a badreacgtion to something in the mixture; i don't believe it could be wd's that fast...
how are your pills stored? maybe they need a wash?

hmm, then perhaps you're having a badreacgtion to something in the mixture; i don't believe it could be wd's that fast...
how are your pills stored? maybe they need a wash?

I know my pharmacist and told him I have a week immune system and he counts out the pills with gloves. Also I am the only patient at this pharamcy on oxymorphone (They only dispense Control 2 to my self and 11 other regular patients because they are sick of dealing with junkies) so most times I get a sealed bottle. I don't touch the pills until I take them out and by that point I am wearing nitrile gloves. This also happens when I take my pills too close together. I only take them for medicinal reasons as these are not my drug of choice alcohol is but I quit several years ago. I just take these due to my horrific injury that left me disabled. I looked up the binders in the pills and none are relly water soluble and the pill only sits in the water for about 10 seconds not giving anything else time to dissolve.

must be down to your, as you say, weakened immune system, perhaps stop shooting the pills? use another ROA, eating perhaps, and see if the symptoms continue?༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

I'm sorry to hear about your horrific injury. Do you have any chance of recovering?

I wanted to tell you I had this problem with hydromorphone. Even shooting with clean equipment would somehow give me cotton fever like symptoms. I think it must have been something in the pills.

I used to get something very similar if I shot too much oxy/morphine (shivering, nausea, sweats - but without the cramps or diarrhoea from w/d), and I suspect it's some kind of histaminergic reaction, simply because it would always go away if I took some promethazine or doxylamine succinate. Strangely, I never got it from heroin, now I think about it, but I was a bit more judicious with my heroin dosage, so that might be why.

So my suggestion would be to lower your dose a bit, or at least go a bit slower when increasing your dose (doubling it in one go is a bad idea), and keep an antihistamine on hand (although be careful, since most antihistamines are somewhat sedative, and so will increase the opiate sedation).

No matter how clean you are, even with micron filtering, I'm sure the chance of a dirty hit is always there. I mean I've given myself a lot of very injections in very gross environments, without much regard too hygiene or sterility. And I never got sick. That doesn't mean the chance wasn't still there. Perhaps there were some bacterial on your forearms just where the gloves didn't cover or something? I've never gotten the effects you describe from opioids used by any route other then IV. And I don't believe it was the drugs that got me sick in those cases I believe the three times I got it was 3 different things
1. Was just plain old germs or cotton fever or whatever

2. Was from Not wanting to waste the liquid I drew up from several 15 mg MS Contin. It was like vegetable oil. I shot it and got a horrendous headache and fever.

3. I believe was perhaps from sugar or sucrose w/e from shooting methadone that had been mixed with powdered tang. Very stupid, but whatever.
All of these times swallowing good dose of Percocet (which I used to keep around just for cotton fever actually) greatly helped to reduce my symptoms like fever and aching.

IV OC is pretty useless... Even nasal or oral was more useful to me. Nasal would give nods and oral was great for pain management maintenance

IV OC is pretty useless... Even nasal or oral was more useful to me. Nasal would give nods and oral was great for pain management maintenance

BA varies from person to person. Swapping to IV oxy allowed me to halve my dose, from 200mg oral to 100mg IV (80mg in a pinch).

Odd... It took over 100 mg to feel anything while 15 mg nasal could make me nod while opana didn't even make me nod except late at night

Yeah I was surprised too, but it's not like I was going to complain either :p I expected a boost, but not that much. I think it's just one of those weird things which varies from person to person.

Does everyone know that OP is talking about Oxymorphone aka Opana ?

There are plenty of binders and fillers in a 10 mg Oxymorphone pill. This includes agents that gel.

OP, it would be best to talk to doctor about pain level. These are really dangerous pills to shoot, especially due to the variations in their bioavailability when taken orally vs IV.

Back pain can also have a connection with the arteries and heart.

Last edited:
Wait wtf That's impossible... The only time it didn't work was when I got the big endo colored pills and that's just because it wasn't as easy to prep as the roxanne pills. This is from someone who IV opana for 3 months

Edit: yes I'm taking the ir pills. No one should inject the ER.

Edit 2: if those are the it pills you are mixing it to quickly. Probably wasting your pills. If you filter then m proper you shouldn't have to worry about insolubles. Buy sterifilt tips

Last edited: