• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Do you attend things solo?

I'm going to 4 concerts in the next month, all alone.

It's never by choice though. Just none of my friends go out anymore :(, Well, actually it's sometimes by choice now... because there are advantages to being alone as you can do/go anywhere you want without a vote.

and yes, I feel like a loser, I've actually had people point it out to there friends at the place I be at, that i'm alone, and it usually follows by someone saying "got no friends". Sucks when that happens.

I have even been out with MY friends and had a friend point it out to me that a particular girl was alone in the club and 'had no friends'. I got shitty with him for saying it.

If you go out alone, try and look like your with people or just move around the place allot and hide in the crowd.

Going to the cinemas by myself was the worst though, it's alright if you have a bag on, because people think that your probably skipping classes to go and see a movie(which i've done many times), but when you don't have a bag and are just sitting by yourself I feel very loser'ish because everyone else in the cinema has someone with them, usually a significant other.

preacha said:
i don't know what's worse
that you saw godsmack
or you saw godsmack ALONE
I dont judge you or your music tastes so stfu. If you dont like godsmack then thats your problem.

m4dd0g said:
Movies, gigs, raves - yes, and dont feel weird about it

Restaurants, pubs, clubs - rarely because it is a bit uncomfortable. Its fine if im traveling though, probably because I've a really good reason to be there by myself (even though noone will ask anyway)

I'm much the opposite.

It would be highly unlikely that I'd attend a movie, gig, rave on my own - but then again, I don't really care for movies.

But I go to restaurants on my own all the time! In fact, I do it at least every 4 weeks. I'll occasionally go to a bar on my own... and this may progress to clubbing [with the randoms I've just met ;)]

I love seeing my friends, but I'm not one to organize anything myself. I find it much easier to round up just one person [myself] and take off as I please, without waiting around.

I don't feel like a loser, especially not at restaurants.

IWillHostIt said:
........I've actually had people point it out to there friends at the place I be at, that i'm alone, and it usually follows by someone saying "got no friends". Sucks when that happens.

I have even been out with MY friends and had a friend point it out to me that a particular girl was alone in the club and 'had no friends'. I got shitty with him for saying it......

seriously, where do your friends hang out, the kindergarten playground???

8)
tell them to get over it. People go do things on their own for a whole load of reasons. When it is gigs and people are alone I normally presume they are there to check out the music and that their friends like different music so chose not to spend the dollars to go. The incessant need for hand holding that you see amongst people going out is I think far more amusng than someone who is obviously comfortable to head out on their own. Sure it is fun to have mates to run round with but it also can be equally good fun to talk to random people and make new friends. Restaurants are great on your own, amazing how you get to have an insight on everything going on round you by just being there enjoying the food and watching the goings on of staff and customers.
Everything is good fun with others who are friends but it is also cool fun to be able to experience things and stand on your own!
:)

i do shopping, eating out (i try to avoid eating dinner by myself at a restaurant though, only time i will is if i'm travelling, otherwise i just order take out), galleries (kinda prefer it actually), and cafes on my own. movies i've only funnily enough ever been to once by myself. it's pretty ridiculous, really, that i prefer going with someone since you can't talk the whole time etc, but i still prefer having company. i have decided recently that i'm going to start sometimes going to movies on my own though.

as for bars, clubs, raves etc etc. no, no, no and no... i'm the introverted type as it is and it would make me feel way too self-conscious, i'd imagine. even though i know that i could do it, it just wouldn't be fun so what's the point.

I like to shop by myself. Probably because I am so damn picky and it drives all my friends crazy!

I have been to one movie by myself (partly because it waws a move I refuse to admit seeing :) )

I usually go to raves and clubs with friends but I love to wonder off by myself and meet new people. I have been to this local club where it is very rave scene like. But I have been there a few times so I have made friends and now know people!

drEaMtiMe*@# said:
....even though i know that i could do it, it just wouldn't be fun so what's the point.

the point would be that you are really into the music that you are getting to see as are others that are there to see it, not all of them for sure but you have a good time cause you are gettig to check out something you are interested in.
:)

indeed. but for me, cos i’m a introverted person a lot of the time, going to something like a gig on my own would make me feel self-conscious the whole time that i was there, and hence the uncomfort that i’d be feeling would perhaps (unfortunately) over ride the enjoyment factor, which is why i see no point. (i might be surprised though)

i do a lot of things on my own, including living on my own so that's why i know that i could do it. i just think what would be a bigger challenge for me personally, is to make it my mission to find someone (new) to go with, rather than going to things on my own.

there are often various points in a night when you are at a gig on your own and that self concious feeling creeps up, go to the loo, get a drink, go have a cigger, check out exactly what the sound guys are doing and what their play list says, you just have to ride it out and sometimes in your efforts to do so you find out things and discover people or places that you wouldn't have done so if you hadn't of been there on your own, sheesh, you are strong and tough and independant just for doing something you want to do with out having to hold hands with someone else. And the pay off is that there are other times of the night that you look around and realise that you are amongst other people having the same vibe, enjoying the same thing, having the same smile put on their face as is being put on yours by the music you are hearing and nothing in the world can take away that moment for you!
=D
to quote a less than reputable clothing company "just do it!"
;)

I hate eating alone.. theres no way I could go to a restaurant full of people and sit there by myself and enjoy the meal on my own. When I first met moved interstate and lived on my own the thing I missed most was sharing a meal with someone. It was bloody depressing.

Ive never done it by I probably could go to a club alone. So long as I didnt have to wait in line my myself. :\

I used to go to the movies on my own and was pregnant and waiting for my partner to finish working an extra shift. Can't remember the last time i went to the movies alone. I'd do it again though if i was out by myself and was waiting for someone/something.

I go to art galleries and shopping on my own all the time.

Not comfortable eating alone.

Will go to parties and events on my own cos i always know people who are coming etc.

I quite like company.

I was at this... rave and I went by myself. I totally freaked out while on a pill and had to have oxygen at the nurses tent.

If I'd been with some friends who were supposed to be coming, I think the outcome would have been different.

I've gone to clubs by myself as well because most of my friends hated dnb and didn't want anything to do with it. At first it was awkward, however I soon just started to talk to random people and would end up having a great time.