Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Do you attend things solo?

who_can_say

Bluelighter
So last night I went to the James Morrison concert (spunky little sproket that he is....and no, Im not talking about the trumpeter) and I went by myself because none of my friends wanted to go. And Im sitting there eating my Maltesers wondering how many other people actually go to things like movies or concerts by themselves?

I live about 5 minutes from my local cinema so Im always just popping up there to catch a flick sans friends. And I go to quite a few concerts or performances by myself because my tastes are quite broad, whereas my friends have their little niches.

So my question is: do you go to things by yourself, and if not, why? And if so, do you feel like a loser sitting there by yourself?

do you go to things by yourself? yes
do you feel like a loser sitting there by yourself? yes

Yeah, I go to a lot of things by myself, cause I don't know anyone who would like to do the same thing.. I want to go soo bad, I just say to myself, fuck it, I'm going.. For example the comedy festival, I went to like 38 shows all up.. and went with someone on about 7 occasions.

With comedy I don't mind doing it by myself, cause it's like going to the movies, it's not like your there to talk.

I've never been to a gig by myself, but I have no issues seeing movies alone.

I like doing things on my terms...I don't feel like a loser at all.

I never have, but im thinkin i should start doin it. Ive missed too many shows/events that ive been extremely keen on only because i had no one to go with.

Why oh why cant some of my friends get out of the metrosexual stage aghhhh

^ you think that's bad? try having predominantly christian asian friends

if i wanted to see switchfoot, the fray, creed or any other band that sounds like it is sung when Summer is walking away in sadness/resentment from Seth in the O.C, i'd be fucking set

unfortunately, god endowed me with a penis

preacha said:

LOL i feel for ya mate. I cant stand the whole thing with metro's though. They are like the complete opposite of emo's. They love themselves and think their lives are the best on the planet.

And they reflect this buy doing heaps of pills and coke, wearing fluoro clothes and putting head bands on. Bunch of fucking idiots.

Luckily i have several groups of mates. 8(

Immortal Teknique said:
LOL i feel for ya mate. I cant stand the whole thing with metro's though. They are like the complete opposite of emo's. They love themselves and think their lives are the best on the planet.

And they reflect this buy doing heaps of pills and coke, wearing fluoro clothes and putting head bands on. Bunch of fucking idiots.

lol!

yeah I've been to gigs by myself. Trying to get mates who are getting old and past it makes it hard to find someone to go with.

preacha said:
Hahaha, of all the people on Bluelight you would have to be one of the last people who I'd have picked to have christian friends.

I went to a godsmack concert by my own. I kinda feelt like a loser but its not worth missing a concert. I dont think its bad, if you enjoy the event you are going to then whats the big deal.

Last edited:
pemde said:
I went to a godsmack concert by my own. I kinda feelt like a loser but its not worth missing a concert. I dont think its bad, if you enjoy the event you are going to then wheat the big deal.

i don't know what's worse
that you saw godsmack
or you saw godsmack ALONE

I go to events and movies by myself all the time. Most of the time I'm the only one out of my clique that actually wants to attend the parties I do, but that's ok because I usually know at least a few people there anyway. I go to movies by myself because I actually want to watch the movie. Same with concerts.

Yeah, but another one is good for people like me who sit on BL all day when there is nothing else to do but post about nothing.

Sometimes but then again I dont often go places alone or with friends (dont like movies and there are very few bands i actually want to pay $80 to see)

Really only time I go out is to go doofing and I take everyone and anyone I can as I enjoy showing people something a lil diffrent than what there use too though I have a bad habbit of spending several hours on my own on the dancefloor getting into my own antics lol

Movies, gigs, raves - yes, and dont feel weird about it

Restaurants, pubs, clubs - rarely because it is a bit uncomfortable. Its fine if im traveling though, probably because I've a really good reason to be there by myself (even though noone will ask anyway)

NeverLose said:
didnt we just have this thread?

Related reading: Clubbing Alone?

I'll leave this one open, as it's covering other aspects than just going out :)

I quite happily do stuff solo. Don't do it on a regular basis, but if in the mood, I've gone to movies, shopping, galleries, cafes etc by myself.

I also prefer to travel on my own. For anything longer than about a week, I like the freedom of not having to come to an agreement on what to do/where to go next.

Immortal Teknique said:

Luckily i have several groups of mates. 8(

HAHAHAHAHAHAH! I have mates similar.

Fuck yeah, if its something i REALLY wanna go to ill go.

I LOVE going to the movies by myself.

Id go to a trance party by myself cuz id know lotsof people there.

I probabloy wouldnt go to a festival by myself if i didnt know anyone going.

Bands, yeah i would.

I travel alone 77% of the time. The other 33% is when i meet people and travel with them. I went to india alone last year and met some awesome norweigens who i travelled with for 5 weeks. Its nicer having others with you if you have the same ideas of what you want, but id happily do it alone if i didnt find anyone with my dreams of placecs to visit!

Yeah I tend to do it a fair bit.

Have gone to clubs, bars, movies, parties on my own. I've also done a fair bit of travelling on my own, but with that sometimes I'd prefer to be with someone else to share the moment.