• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Do you actually really ever feel normal again?

Ibogaine has mixed reviews but it definitely is promising if nothing else works
I can attest to you what I know in fact: It WILL magically cure your physical withdrawals.

But I think (especially if you're hardcore junkie like me) you need to keep doing it as a maintenance every one to two months or something. The guys at the center in Durban where I went are all "recovered" drug addicts that haven't used in years but they all still do ibogaine every now and then.

My trip was actually a bit scary. I tripped of Cerberus (the hound of Hell) as being a man stuck in a struggling demonic body and slaughtering against his will. I saw addicts everywhere and drugs all over the floor but they were too busy running for their lives (from Cerberus) to notice or try picking up all the heroin covering the floor. I saw Satan too; he would open a curtain to a window that shows heaven, and all the suffering would momentarily stop, then he'd promptly close it and the chaos resumes.

Scary? Yes. Still better than heroin WD though. Also it only lasted a few hours, I feel asleep and BAM woke up zero WD.

.I wish ibogaine was here. They have 2 treatments.

1) cold turkey and narcan shot / implant
2) lifetime maintenance (and trying to taper down is always jumping through hoops). The clinic system changed much since I was 1st on it 20 years ago.

And they have to wonder why everyone is fucked up.

I can attest to you what I know in fact: It WILL magically cure your physical withdrawals.

But I think (especially if you're hardcore junkie like me) you need to keep doing it as a maintenance every one to two months or something. The guys at the center in Durban where I went are all "recovered" drug addicts that haven't used in years but they all still do ibogaine every now and then.

My trip was actually a bit scary. I tripped of Cerberus (the hound of Hell) as being a man stuck in a struggling demonic body and slaughtering against his will. I saw addicts everywhere and drugs all over the floor but they were too busy running for their lives (from Cerberus) to notice or try picking up all the heroin covering the floor. I saw Satan too; he would open a curtain to a window that shows heaven, and all the suffering would momentarily stop, then he'd promptly close it and the chaos resumes.

Scary? Yes. Still better than heroin WD though. Also it only lasted a few hours, I feel asleep and BAM woke up zero WD.

This is wild! Everything about this post lol. I do believe you though...

Honestly we need all the help we can get when it comes to opiate dependence. It's..... so ... hard. Indescribably hard. Crazy part is in the beginning you're like "oh I can quit at any time." It starts to get dark pretty quickly from there on out LOL. Life is just life.

I love methadone too but it should be avoided unless you really need it.
I did really need it I was ready to jump in front of a car every time I thought about suicide it felt more and more like my only easy way out now I'm on 50ml daily however now I look back To those times and laugh I'm not fully ready to jump off opiates but I am ready and have switched to a much more affordable well free! And better opiate that's why I love it im not using it just to get high I'm using it to get heroin out of my mind and soul and replace it, (for the time being) with methadone

op before I think about how to answer can I ask you a question are you on or have you reached out and try maintenance and I know it's not what you meant but methadone maintenance is a pretty damn good and normal feeling everyday at least it best worrying about where your next bundles coming from because you already have your daily fix for the day waiting for you at the Chemist everyday I thank God everyday that I reached out drug agency to get some of the stuff if I wasn't on it still I would be in jail or dead .. Or worse a needle addiction not judging anyone who does that because I would be a bit hypocrite I don't know you I don't many people on here actualize everyone's changed but I wish you look and assure you which is what I think your after, you will guaranteed feel normal whatever you decide and wait long enough especially if your serious and button down and stop tryna get even slightly high only focus on having just enough to get well and feeling normal and it will be a lot easier if you synch only having enough to get well this will be amazing for your tolerance

op before I think about how to answer can I ask you a question are you on or have you reached out and try maintenance and I know it's not what you meant but methadone maintenance is a pretty damn good and normal feeling everyday at least it best worrying about where your next bundles coming from because you already have your daily fix for the day waiting for you at the Chemist everyday I thank God everyday that I reached out drug agency to get some of the stuff if I wasn't on it still I would be in jail or dead .. Or worse a needle addiction not judging anyone who does that because I would be a bit hypocrite I don't know you I don't many people on here actualize everyone's changed but I wish you look and assure you which is what I think your after, you will guaranteed feel normal whatever you decide and wait long enough especially if your serious and button down and stop tryna get even slightly high only focus on having just enough to get well and feeling normal and it will be a lot easier if you synch only having enough to get well this will be amazing for your tolerance

I know it sounds a bit silly but I want to defeat it myself. In a way that's dangerous thinking but my parents had similar issues to mine and statistically (I believe?) the offspring of substance abuse addicts tend to struggle with controlling substance use as well. They both beat it on their own and I'd like to follow in their footsteps. But--if need be I have a wonderful doctor/also a licensed psychiatrist who can help me out with maintenance as you speak. I don't want to reveal to her my struggles just yet though. I would be open to maintenance if I saw myself in a very bad spot like I was in two years ago. I spiritually don't have the energy to go through with the same situation over and over at this point in time.

It's been so exhausting feeling blank day after day and being around people who are normally exciting and performing activities that release a ton of endorphins and feeling almost nothing. :/

I obtained ibogaine HCL and TA extract and had my friend watch me. Most intense experience of my life, but it wasn't scary. For me it was just exactly like dreaming whether I was awake or asleep for 3 days and nights. I came out of it feeling like the past 10 years had just fallen off of me, I even had some withdrawal afterwards and didn't even consider opiates, the idea seemed crazy to me, like, duh, that would end badly. I honestly didn't have a craving for opiates for 5 years. I did eventually start to do other drugs and had some issues with GHB and alcohol and I relapsed on opiates eventually too. But I dramatically change the course of my life before all that happened. I'm never doing a flood dose again though. Two friends from on here did it again for opiates and both of them said their second experience was horrible, and killed themselves not too long after.

But really, you know how in your dreams you just accept what is happening? Like there's no room for fear. I had no idea I was dreaming, no idea I did ibogaine until the 3rd day. I don't know if my experience was pretty unusual or not. I loved it, it was a pivotal time for me. It was not like other psychedelics, more like ketamine or something than it is like LSD or mushrooms.

I now realize even if I don't take it for 5 days then take 200-300mg boom auto-feel-like-shit the next day. It even manifests in spasms when I'm trying to sleep even though I know FOR A FACT that I haven't done enough to be physically dependent.

I don't know if it's just my mind playing tricks on me or what. Being a former heroin/opioid addict surely doesn't help I guess, because I know exactly what to look for in terms of symptoms which makes my judgment biased.

That's the kindling effect, it happens to me too. I get instant withdrawals, minor after one use, then generally I use again because opiate withdrawal is a horrible feeling, then again... 3rd or 4th time in a row and it's bad already.

This is wild! Everything about this post lol. I do believe you though...

Honestly we need all the help we can get when it comes to opiate dependence. It's..... so ... hard. Indescribably hard. Crazy part is in the beginning you're like "oh I can quit at any time." It starts to get dark pretty quickly from there on out LOL. Life is just life.
Dude you don't know the half of it. My flight was from Riyadh to Durban through Johannesburg. In Johannesburg I ran out of dope and still had till 2PM the next day for the flight. Made the horrible mistake of drinking two bottles of wine at night and woke up in a pool of withdrawal sweat and my sister was trying to drag me to the airport and I was like NOPE NOPE NOPE CAN'T MOVE NO DOPE.

Then the "doctor" at the Durban center called another "doctor" in Johannesburg who "prescribed" me subutex 2mg which was delivered to my hotel room. I took 4 and it was kinda lame didn't really help but I gathered the strength to go to the airport where I was wheel-chaired the whole way by some really nice black man because I was "obviously ill".

After I got to the ibogaine place they immediately dosed me with ibogaine 2 tabs (capsules they filled with brown powder) and put me in a dark room and told me to lie down. Dude comes in every twenty minutes and asks "thoughts? visions?" and I'm like no and he doses me again. By the third or fourth time I started tripping a few hours, passed out and woke up the next day with the same big black dude who dosed me looking down at me and I'm like "wtf I feel better how come I slept this shouldn't be possible" and he gives this deep-voiced "ha-ha-ha... our secret recipe!". Shit was totally whack dude but tbh I am so glad I had the experience.

Now I know. Ibogaine cures WD and makes you trip HARD and many of the guys at the center actually reported heaven/hell type shit like I did. But it isn't a magic forever cure cause I only lasted 2-3 months and went back to dope.

Thank God I've been off the dope 4 years. Still I'm only off meth for one year and still struggling with benzos and stuff. idk one step at a time I guess.

I obtained ibogaine HCL and TA extract and had my friend watch me. Most intense experience of my life, but it wasn't scary. For me it was just exactly like dreaming whether I was awake or asleep for 3 days and nights. I came out of it feeling like the past 10 years had just fallen off of me, I even had some withdrawal afterwards and didn't even consider opiates, the idea seemed crazy to me, like, duh, that would end badly. I honestly didn't have a craving for opiates for 5 years. I did eventually start to do other drugs and had some issues with GHB and alcohol and I relapsed on opiates eventually too. But I dramatically change the course of my life before all that happened. I'm never doing a flood dose again though. Two friends from on here did it again for opiates and both of them said their second experience was horrible, and killed themselves not too long after.

But really, you know how in your dreams you just accept what is happening? Like there's no room for fear. I had no idea I was dreaming, no idea I did ibogaine until the 3rd day. I don't know if my experience was pretty unusual or not. I loved it, it was a pivotal time for me. It was not like other psychedelics, more like ketamine or something than it is like LSD or mushrooms.

That's the kindling effect, it happens to me too. I get instant withdrawals, minor after one use, then generally I use again because opiate withdrawal is a horrible feeling, then again... 3rd or 4th time in a row and it's bad already.

Oh my god really? Your friends had a terrible ibogaine trip and they reacted via suicide? Why did they have such a severe rebound reaction to the treatment?

I keep hearing about GHB. What is that substance related to/effects of it? I'm glad I never dabbled in heroin. I can at least assure myself with control that it's measurable (opioids and milligram count) so should i do relapse I know the dangerous combo interactions and can measure out doses via my tolerance at the time. Too many ppl would be devastated if I were gone and I don't want to lose myself either.

Dude you don't know the half of it. My flight was from Riyadh to Durban through Johannesburg. In Johannesburg I ran out of dope and still had till 2PM the next day for the flight. Made the horrible mistake of drinking two bottles of wine at night and woke up in a pool of withdrawal sweat and my sister was trying to drag me to the airport and I was like NOPE NOPE NOPE CAN'T MOVE NO DOPE.

Then the "doctor" at the Durban center called another "doctor" in Johannesburg who "prescribed" me subutex 2mg which was delivered to my hotel room. I took 4 and it was kinda lame didn't really help but I gathered the strength to go to the airport where I was wheel-chaired the whole way by some really nice black man because I was "obviously ill".

After I got to the ibogaine place they immediately dosed me with ibogaine 2 tabs (capsules they filled with brown powder) and put me in a dark room and told me to lie down. Dude comes in every twenty minutes and asks "thoughts? visions?" and I'm like no and he doses me again. By the third or fourth time I started tripping a few hours, passed out and woke up the next day with the same big black dude who dosed me looking down at me and I'm like "wtf I feel better how come I slept this shouldn't be possible" and he gives this deep-voiced "ha-ha-ha... our secret recipe!". Shit was totally whack dude but tbh I am so glad I had the experience.

Now I know. Ibogaine cures WD and makes you trip HARD and many of the guys at the center actually reported heaven/hell type shit like I did. But it isn't a magic forever cure cause I only lasted 2-3 months and went back to dope.

Thank God I've been off the dope 4 years. Still I'm only off meth for one year and still struggling with benzos and stuff. idk one step at a time I guess.

At least other substances don't steal your soul lol. There's something special about opies that rob one's aliveness especially with stronger ones and high doses of oxy in comparison. Other drugs cause major depression here and there/have worse withdrawals and side effects. However I just can't put it into words on a forum. Nothing makes me struggle like this stuff "spiritually" I guess I could say? My other substance issue is with adderall. It has its problems but I feel relatively good using it on occasion and it doesn't invade my mind like opiates.

Last edited:
For me it was just exactly like dreaming whether I was awake
I should also note that this was the same for me. While tripping I did not know whether I was awake or not. It was kinda like watching a movie. Though I was told by the people there that while the trip is going on that you're "technically awake".

About to head to bed. Not sure what forum rules entirely are but: Is ibogaine often covered by insurance/if you have a horrid trip is there really no way out? I've tripped a couple of times on the shroomies and tabs but not something I have sought out in years. Very intense to say the least :cool: Every trip for me is so horrible and amazing fluctuating back and forth. Never had a "good trip" or a "bad trip" but everything and all things in one ride. Tripping was never recreational for me I'm a euphoria person.

I keep patiently waiting and waiting to not face long-lasting depression and to feel good again on my own without the enhancement of substances. I haven't really been able to even work on the things I'm supposed to be doing since I stopped regular use so long ago. I'm starting to wonder if my brain's endorphins are just never going to come back. Then again I can't discern if the quarantine and all that's going on in the world might be affecting me more than I realized.

Are there any heavy opiate users who quit and had their brains feel like they've gone back to 100%?
It will happen mate if your being honest and keep this up one day after the process is almost complete I guarantee you will wake up feeling like a hundred bucks and everything will get better from there I hope your close to that point please don't give up bro you can do this shit

It will happen mate if your being honest and keep this up one day after the process is almost complete I guarantee you will wake up feeling like a hundred bucks and everything will get better from there I hope your close to that point please don't give up bro you can do this shit

Ty ganjcat! Who is that lad in your avatar? Very dreamy imo. It seems my libido is crazy with testosterone rebounds or something lately.

Oh my god really? Your friends had a terrible ibogaine trip and they reacted via suicide? Why did they have such a severe rebound reaction to the treatment?

Well yes, but both of them were suicidal already and deeply hateful of themselves for relapsing and some other life stuff. It was more like ibogaine just told them harshly that they don't get another get-out-of-jail-free card from it, and the experience focused on all the bad instead of being a voyage into the bad and good with a sense of protection (as many report - for me, I simply ceased being who I normally am and my reality was replaced wholesale by different new realities, I didn't have the presence of mind to be afraid or question what was happening to me. I have a ton of psychedelic experience, but I don't think it was possible for me to be scared - though I was terrified before taking it). Afterwards they reported extremely similar experiences and were still depressed and still hated themselves and felt like their last chance at redemption was gone. It wasn't as if ibogaine turned them suicidal, more like ibogaine was their last hope. Also one of them had his long-term partner leave him after his experience which I think pushed him over the edge. Both also had transformative, amazing experiences the first time, like I did. But like with me, eventually they reverted to addiction. The difference with me, is that I maintained a much better state of mind and still do not feel hopeless, nor do I hate myself, in fact I love who I am. Tremendous difference right there.

I keep hearing about GHB. What is that substance related to/effects of it?

It's a gabaergic drug. it is actually a neurotransmitter found naturally in the brain, but in micro doses. We have a GHB gaba receptor subtype. GHB hits that receptor, and then overflows with higher doses into GABA-B, like baclofen or phenibut. The GHB receptor causes a release of dopamine downstream, and GABA-B causes disinhibition (quite profoundly), euphoria, and at really high doses, tremors and some really weird and somewhat unpleasant effects. If you're an opiate addict I don't recommend you try it because for me anyway, it's the only other drug as addictive as opiates. I have zero control whatsoever on it, and last time I got a supply, I woke up in an ambulance one time. I immediately start doing it every day and get physically and mentally addicted right away, regardless of what I tell myself will happen this time. Shame, because it's a fantastic recreational drug, among the most euphoric and positive drugs I've encountered. The combination of a big dopamine hit, a rush (it comes on FAST and similar to stimulant rush, but much more physically comfortable), and GABA-B agonism make it really reinforcing and fun.

The most similar drug I can think of is phenibut. I actually kind of think of phenibut as the methadone or suboxone of GHB. The overall effect is similar, but without any sort of rush and much more functional and less intense/much less recreational. But both have a similar type of effect, which is euphoria, confidence, disinhibition, and some weird/wonky body effects that are probably the least desirable parts of it.

Is ibogaine often covered by insurance/if you have a horrid trip is there really no way out? I

I seriously doubt ibogaine is covered by any insurance. Certainly not in the US, as it is schedule 1. As for getting out of it, I don't think so, no. I have never heard of anyone ever having an experience they really regretted if it was their first time.

Well yes, but both of them were suicidal already and deeply hateful of themselves for relapsing and some other life stuff. It was more like ibogaine just told them harshly that they don't get another get-out-of-jail-free card from it, and the experience focused on all the bad instead of being a voyage into the bad and good with a sense of protection (as many report - for me, I simply ceased being who I normally am and my reality was replaced wholesale by different new realities, I didn't have the presence of mind to be afraid or question what was happening to me. I have a ton of psychedelic experience, but I don't think it was possible for me to be scared - though I was terrified before taking it). Afterwards they reported extremely similar experiences and were still depressed and still hated themselves and felt like their last chance at redemption was gone. It wasn't as if ibogaine turned them suicidal, more like ibogaine was their last hope. Also one of them had his long-term partner leave him after his experience which I think pushed him over the edge. Both also had transformative, amazing experiences the first time, like I did. But like with me, eventually they reverted to addiction. The difference with me, is that I maintained a much better state of mind and still do not feel hopeless, nor do I hate myself, in fact I love who I am. Tremendous difference right there.

It's a gabaergic drug. it is actually a neurotransmitter found naturally in the brain, but in micro doses. We have a GHB gaba receptor subtype. GHB hits that receptor, and then overflows with higher doses into GABA-B, like baclofen or phenibut. The GHB receptor causes a release of dopamine downstream, and GABA-B causes disinhibition (quite profoundly), euphoria, and at really high doses, tremors and some really weird and somewhat unpleasant effects. If you're an opiate addict I don't recommend you try it because for me anyway, it's the only other drug as addictive as opiates. I have zero control whatsoever on it, and last time I got a supply, I woke up in an ambulance one time. I immediately start doing it every day and get physically and mentally addicted right away, regardless of what I tell myself will happen this time. Shame, because it's a fantastic recreational drug, among the most euphoric and positive drugs I've encountered. The combination of a big dopamine hit, a rush (it comes on FAST and similar to stimulant rush, but much more physically comfortable), and GABA-B agonism make it really reinforcing and fun.

The most similar drug I can think of is phenibut. I actually kind of think of phenibut as the methadone or suboxone of GHB. The overall effect is similar, but without any sort of rush and much more functional and less intense/much less recreational. But both have a similar type of effect, which is euphoria, confidence, disinhibition, and some weird/wonky body effects that are probably the least desirable parts of it.

I seriously doubt ibogaine is covered by any insurance. Certainly not in the US, as it is schedule 1. As for getting out of it, I don't think so, no. I have never heard of anyone ever having an experience they really regretted if it was their first time.

I have no interest in GHB personally just was fascinated by the strange sounding substance people are struggling with here and there. No more substance issues for me please lol. I never thought a gabaergic drug could be so addictive but people find pregabalin/etc to be incredibly euphoric so to each their own! Sorry to hear about your friends... most people can handle the opiate high but not the etcetera that comes with it. Really can break amazing people down and smash them to the ground. It's so devastating to be fighting yourself and lose over and over. Really adds up in time.

Not surprised Ibogaine not supported by the USA. At least suboxone is in the good with my country. They have some intent to help the opiate epidemic thank goodness.

Suboxone is all over the place in the US. Or wait, are you in the US too?

yeah ibogaine got illegalized in the 60s with or 70s with the other main psychs, because it was being talked about at the time. The USA is one of the only countries in the world to have illegalized it.

Suboxone is all over the place in the US. Or wait, are you in the US too?

yeah ibogaine got illegalized in the 60s with or 70s with the other main psychs, because it was being talked about at the time. The USA is one of the only countries in the world to have illegalized it.

Yes within the US! I find our substance laws to be appalling. Driven by money and immoral in some cases. Of course it's a huge system and there are always people fighting for addicts and the public which is nice. Ibogaine has a lot of promise (from what I've heard and people are posting in this thread). And its medically supervised. If the main reason for ibogaine being banned is because it detracts from the pharma revenue "I can't even." Juul pods being knocked down to promote tabacco is just lol. Sociopathic. USA has a huge substance abuse problem not by random.

I'm from one of those "weed is the root of all evil" states. It was a good time but we won <3