• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Random Do we even need capital hill workers? And what do they actually even do?

Mikeybd27

Bluelighter
Now that the government shutdown is officially over. Or for at least now... I ask myself what really was even the difference with them not working? It almost seemed more peaceful with them out. Why is it always about the government workers getting more rights and benefits? They act like the rest of us workers don?t even exist. I just think capital hill is curropted beyond repair. I think we should shut it down permanently. I think it would be a better world.

If you're referring to federal government workers... those go far beyond capitol hill. For example, national parks have been unattended for the length of the shutdown, and some people have really fucked up some of them... for example Joshua Tree national park had some fuckers come in and cut down some of the trees. People have left garbage everywhere and ruined some ecosystems. It's because the park rangers and such weren't working because of the shutdown. And how about TSA workers? I'm not sure what made it seem more peaceful to you, but it sure didn't seem that way to me. Federal workers are just people like you and me, who got a job working for the federal government instead of some other employer. I'd hardly say they act like any particular thing, especially that regular workers don't exist. The only federal employees I have a problem with are the elected officials who put politics over the wellbeing of everyone else, including the federal employees.

I was referring to capital hill workers. The ones who send the bill. Personally I think ever civilian should vote on bills brought forth by communities in each state. I think those communities should work closely with the presidential cabinet and meet International Organization for Standardization guidelines
There could still be state representatives but they will be only representing the vote from their states public.

Last edited:
"Do we even need capital hill workers?"
It is my belief that if it be that we could govern ourselves we would need no one to govern us.
So (IMO) only we create (lack of respect/self-control/basic human decency) the demand for people to lead us with corrupt, self-centered and two-faced "idealisms".