• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Do u guys consider kratom a drug

I never got anything from kratom even when my pill habbit was only about 40mg a day of oxycontin. Did nothing for withdrawal no matter how much or what kind I tried

Well I suppose technically it isn't an "opiate" because it isn't derived from opium poppies

Yeah but let's be honest, a lot of people just use opiate and opioid interchangeably. And the distinction probably isn't so important most of the time to worry about the difference.

I think this has been very well answered. This is my favorite and I believe the best answer.
I agree. Many people try to apply creative interpretations of the word drug to exclude substances they don't want to have a negative stigma.

But the way I see it that's approaching it from the wrong angle. The problem is the stigma people have towards the word drug. That's what should change. Not keeping it but trying to excuse arbitrary substances from the category.

Alcohol is a drug. It's a powerful, dependence inducing hard drug at that. It's people's attitudes towards drugs that should change IMO. Not what substances are considered drugs.

A little off topic but was kratom made illegal in the USA? Ridiculous if so, does nothing for me but I know and read of many using it for pain or detox

Just got mines today and I am feeling great without gabas and other shit. man how i miss that relief....
bout to order an key of this as I want this same product, heard?
fu** yeah.

i don't know what it is. it just makes me sick and nauseous.
but i would try it again if i had to . . . and hopefully i will never have to.