• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Do some effects of heroin last all day?

nowhereman8276

Greenlighter
So before today my only experience with opiates was dabbling in hydrocodone, I would take 50 mg to nod out extremely hard and be floored for a couple hours. I would do this every couple months so no habit. Today a friend of mine who I know is a heroin user/smoker (doesn't IV) invited me to hang out with him. I took a .5 mg dose of clonazepam last night at 9 pm to chill out, (no tolerance) I know the half life is really long so it is probably still in my system now, which could affect my heroin use. Today, when we hung out at 12:45 pm or so he asked me if I wanted to try to smoking some tar heroin, and I said sure. We used the "paper clip" method and I took 3 or 4 hits in rapid succession, and held them in as long as I could each time, I ghosted most of them. I didn't really feel anything yet. I waited a couple minutes to make sure no effects were felt. I then took about 3 more large hits in rapid succession, and held them in much longer (10 seconds +) and upon exhale I got a small rush of opiate loveliness, but nothing too intense, just felt really warm and relaxing. I took 3 more good hits and got no rush but more effects. I was good and high and proceeded to go home, (this is at 1 pm or so) but on my way back he asks me to come back over and chill some more. I took about 5 more hits, and got no rush, but effects became slightly stronger, and I felt very sedated and nodding. We then smoked a couple cigarettes (that intensified the nodding effect) and I went home at about 1:30 pm. I felt noddy and intoxicated until about 3:30 pm or so. It is 5 pm now, and I am not high per say, but I am still in a pretty good mood, relaxed and calm, and a little itchy. Is it typical for these effects to last all day? Is it sort of an afterglow? Or am I still high just steadily coming down? Thanks bluelight!

Welcome to the world of heroin. Turn back now before its too late. And btw the clonazepam in your system probably dulled the rush quite a bit by having you pre-sedated before you took the hits. This has happened in my experience as well.

im guessing ur talkin bout tar since ur in cali (or so ur location would lead me to believe) but yea four hours isnt really all that long for a good dope buzz to last esp if you get some east coast powder...

but wtf is paper clipping? are you talkin about sticking a paper clip into a ball of dope and puttin flame straight to it? cause that sounds like a terrible idea IMO... get some foil next time, run the lighter underneth it to burn off all the chemicals n smoke ur shit off that and i bet it works a 1000 times better...

im guessing ur talkin bout tar since ur in cali (or so ur location would lead me to believe) but yea four hours isnt really all that long for a good dope buzz to last esp if you get some east coast powder...

but wtf is paper clipping? are you talkin about sticking a paper clip into a ball of dope and puttin flame straight to it? cause that sounds like a terrible idea IMO... get some foil next time, run the lighter underneth it to burn off all the chemicals n smoke ur shit off that and i bet it works a 1000 times better...
Paper clipping is when you take a ball of tar and stick it on the end of a straightened paper clip. Then you use a lighter to heat the end of another straightened paper clip until it is red hot. Then quickly you take the hot paper clip and touch the tar on the other paper clip. Using a straw/tube of some sort, you inhale the smoke/vapor that comes off the tar. Seems pretty efficient to me. No smoke is wasted, and I have seen people use foil and it wastes a LOT of smoke compared to this method.

Paper clipping is when you take a ball of tar and stick it on the end of a straightened paper clip. Then you use a lighter to heat the end of another straightened paper clip until it is red hot. Then quickly you take the hot paper clip and touch the tar on the other paper clip. Using a straw/tube of some sort, you inhale the smoke/vapor that comes off the tar. Seems pretty efficient to me. No smoke is wasted, and I have seen people use foil and it wastes a LOT of smoke compared to this method.

dude rookies n newbs loose alot of smoke... if you know what your doing its very effective... you have to know when to stop the lighter, that where alot of people mess up, but if you have trouble loosin smokin using a pen can always cut a 20oz bottle in half and use that til you get the method down... but what you describe doesnt sound like the most ineffective method either...

Yes heroin can last all day, especially if you're not use to doing it. The klonopin wont do anything but make the high better. Many people take benzos in combination with H on purpose...

First time use can last eight hours easy, with the initial rush lasting a few minutes, a strong euphoria for an hour or two, and an afterglow of six hours or more. Reflecting on the high can mimic afterglow effects.

Any opiate at a high enough dose will last all day. Especially in this case as you probably inhaled well over 100mg of Heroin over the course of the day.

All depends on the tolerance of user. It usually can have effects up to 6 hours.

DC