• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

do opiates make you hungry?

shmeglyn said:
I just realized that when I take percocet or vicodin I don't neccessarily get the munchies persay but I almost have a little oral fixation and feel like snacking. Is that just me? Is this a dumbass "everybody knows that" question? My apologies if it is. I'm no pro.

Side question:Just curious, How often/how much do you take if you are on Rx painkillers? I seem to want them more often everyday and now it seems I'm taking them almost around the clock if I have a good supply. I used to only take them in the evening and bedtime to mellow out and wind down/watch tv, but now I like to feel good all day even when working or doing normal stuff. So I'll take up to 10 hydro's a day but it still doesn't do as much as I would like. And when I do my Rx only lasts 3 days or so.

Vic's make me crave for chocolate. If you have a pretty good tolerance and you're addicted you will probably feel kind of shitty until you get your next script and probably eat like crap in the meantime...Once you get that script back and start taking them, you'll feel good and normal again which will make you want to eat like crazyyyyy. Which is good because you prbably need it. I don't know how you are and everyone is different but with the little info you gave this is my opinion.... What are you taking exactly, I mean the mg's of your vicodin. Tolerance is a bitch and addiction is a bitch and it happens before you know it yourself. Scripts are a bitch also because they're gone in a day...lol I know plenty of people to get them off the street....<3 opiates

I deffinetly eat more sweet stuff and at times i dont normally eat, like late at night just as i'm feeling sleepy i usually wander downstairs for a scone and jam or cheese and crackers. I keep a box of oreos next to my bed now :)

This might sound daft, but its all these little connection that make this forum fun like the "omg you do/eatthat to?!" kinda shit? does that make sense?

Yes i'm high.

I eat light and healthy when using opiates. Lots of fruit and salads. Fruit satisfies any desire for sugar but I do tend to lose some weight when I'm using for more than a couple weeks at a time. And folks comment on the weight loss.

Good thing I only chip around a couple months out of the year.

Coming from a X opiate addict, I will tell you this. You can take them and enjoy them, or you can take them becasue you have to just to live. Just to get through work, through the day, through a movie, to talk to a old friend, or anything!!

It will get so out of hand so fast its not funny. Opiates are fun but there there side effects are crummy.

Things to return to me after quitting opiates daily.

Sex drive, Hunger, Energy, Strength, Muscle, Friends, memory, tips. (I work better) oh ya and going to the bathroom like normal..

Things I miss.

Not being so Bord. Pills made hours go by, but its just not worth it. I just feel so much better now its not funny. I still take them for fun but im trying to cut that out too. Stop while you can, most people dont......

well, I do seem to be hungry on opiates. But paradoxically, whenever I'm strung out, I'm always thin. Probably because I'd prefer spending money on drugs than food.

i don't seem to get all that hungry on opiates, but i elect to not eat while on them anyway, for other reasons

For me, they just make me enjoy all the good things in life. like food.

I remember nodding hard one time and going to the fridge for some juice. In my mind I was saying "fuck yea, I love this juice"

theres nothing better to do than eat a bowl of mac and cheese and a hot pocket after swallowing three percs.

I would say it's a mixed bag.. Sometimes it makes me eat less, sometimes I feel just comfortable, and doing anything is more enjoyable.. so sometimes when I'm really enjoying an opiate I feel like eating, but really it might just be that I enjoy anything more while on my opiate.. not that the opiate caused a hunger.. just that I get hungry and I'm on an opiate.

^ I used to be that way, but for some reason, now the only time I eat is when I am high.

I do some dope and I seriously can eat everything in sight--like the munchies one gets on MJ bad.

When i don't have any H, I won't eat until a) I get some or b) I've been without them for a few days and therefore my body kinda gets back to normal. It's like 3 days though.

It's so weird, and it sucks cause one (of the many) reasons I liked H was that I lost weight. However, there are too many other benefits to care that much I guess.