• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Do opiates increase your acid reflux/indigestion

Eklypised

Greenlighter
Seems a lot of times when I snort roxies it makes my reflux get worse. I’ve asked a few people and some says it does the same to them. Anybody have indigestion issues with opiates?

gastrointestinal issues are pretty common with opioid usage, because of the hard constipation and slow movement of the bowels it is kinda bad for your system, although severe issues don't appear without long and heavy use.

if they surpress your apetite a lot and you eat less that contributes too to the whole feeling, or in other situation when withdrawing there is a thing called narcotic bowel syndrome, I have it almost everytime I withdraw for 2 weeks.

if now I decrease my dosage I also have GI issues again.

I would advise a healthy diet, small meals but eating often and try some laxatives or make yourself go to the toilet more. if you have a prescription from a doctor you can ask him for a script for laxatives and some other stuff for the stomach and bowels.

Opioids also cause the Sphincter of Oddi to spasm. It's involved with the release of bile and can cause havoc on the upper GI system. Usually it's more than just acid reflux though.

Narcotic-induced increases in phasic wave frequency interfere with SO filling and are responsible for the increase in bile duct pressure seen on the initial studies

Interesting.
I suffered terrible reflux and bloating with stimulant use, specfically cathinones. Had so many issues.

It went away almost completely after i stopped the usage. Very differnt drug, same outcome on the body