• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Do opiates help anyone here with derealization?

You guys are lucky then :(
I use a little meth occasionally, it’s not really my drug of choice but it’s easiest to access.
Where I go to buy it is a housing complex with about 60 units.
Every. Single. Person there is methed out.
I went there one day and a bloke was running round with a meat cleaver.
Another time a SWAT team was there cos some bloke was holding his gf hostage with a hunting knife.
They go weeks without sleeping or eating and it rots their brains bad.

Oh good, this makes me want to try meth. I feel crazy enough from adderall, I can't imagine something stronger LOL. Soon OP will return and seek out meth for his therapy sessions. Yeah, NYC doesn't like meth heads. The city is all about being physically attractive. I'd imagine meth makes you look a little bonkers after a while.

Yep

yep. Sleepy and sick in the gut.
I’ve almost OD’d on the panadol before trying to get enough codeine.
Which is rather ironic really.
The most lethal drug available and its on every supermarket shelf.
You want some real pain relief though and you need to convince your doc you have cancer or something.

Hey, while on the pill topic, save me starting a whole new thread, does anyone know if diazepam is water soluble?

Psychedelics can indeed help you get over trauma or other mental issues because they make you super introspective and remove all biases you have normally. It's like looking deep into your brain with a fresh set of eyes, that's the best way I can describe it to someone who has never tripped.

Opiates... not so much. They just cover up what is there temporarily and it comes back worse when withdrawals inevitably hit.

As for derealisation specifically, I've had this since I was a kid, opiates didn't help me with it at all. If anything all downers, benzos and opiates and booze, actually make it worse for me because they zone me out of reality anyway.

I know there’s a lot of research being done in the concept, I’ve read a little but my very early experiences with meth were similar.
I found I could look at my situation from a less emotional more self critical angle and it helped resolve a lot of old issues I’d hung on to for a long time

This didn’t last though, within only a few months I was as batty as everyone using around me. And a lot of THEM thoughts they were super intelligent, insightful and well kept together too.
They weren’t

I think all drugs can be somewhat deceptive, the experience will be unique to the individual and it shouldn’t be sold as science until we have a long term history of the research to compare.

Meth and psychedelics are totally different drugs. If you are high on any kind of speed you feel great like a mega genius in the moment but once it wears off it all goes away.

The reason new clinical trials are showing such great success with psychedelics like mushrooms or LSD is because they actually do open your eyes and let you introspect in a way that is simply impossible without the psychedelic mindset. This may sound like hippie mumbo jumbo to someone who has never tripped before, but if you ever try it you will see exactly what I mean. Psychedelic trips have helped me with many things from anger at people in my life to more understanding of my mental demons. It's like a therapy session in your head.

I'm on amphetamine right now and while it can easily cause a temporary "mania" type phase that makes you think you have fixed everything, it is absolutely nothing like an acid trip, where even after the drugs wear off you are left with the deep realisations you have made while introspecting.

QUOTE:Meth novice 79]
"I’ve almost OD’d on the panadol before trying to get enough codeine.
Which is rather ironic really.
The most lethal drug available and its on every supermarket shelf."
---------

Codine linctus cough syrup is best, in the UK you can get 600mg per bottle for £10.

Also, how exactly do you quote a person on here? :D

No, they just make it more enjoyable. I suggest shrooms to work through the trauma. Totally legit. Works for me!

One time, and one time only; from heroin, have I had what is called "the opium dreams"

It is where you nod into a vivid dream-filled sleep for the wink of a dozen seconds or so then snap back to reality. I'd have visions of pink elephants (almost literally) and next thing I know I'm looking at my buddy across from the ottoman were I am sitting with my head hung. In and out of this state, not sure which is reality or dream for fleeting moments.

My tolerance was low at this time and I kept slowly upping my dose until I was right on the cusp of passing into a full unconscious crash

WAY WAY WAYYY BAD IDEA, i tried to stabilize my mental issues with opiates.Although they help a lot, in the long run they just make you suffer even more. I don't recommend u to go this route man.

Meth and psychedelics are totally different drugs. If you are high on any kind of speed you feel great like a mega genius in the moment but once it wears off it all goes away.

The reason new clinical trials are showing such great success with psychedelics like mushrooms or LSD is because they actually do open your eyes and let you introspect in a way that is simply impossible without the psychedelic mindset. This may sound like hippie mumbo jumbo to someone who has never tripped before, but if you ever try it you will see exactly what I mean. Psychedelic trips have helped me with many things from anger at people in my life to more understanding of my mental demons. It's like a therapy session in your head.

I'm on amphetamine right now and while it can easily cause a temporary "mania" type phase that makes you think you have fixed everything, it is absolutely nothing like an acid trip, where even after the drugs wear off you are left with the deep realisations you have made while introspecting.
Wrong delusions of genius are possible on many monoaminergic stimulants. I don’t know why you would assume that amphetamines and “psychedelics” are so much different due to arbitrary names.

Wrong delusions of genius are possible on many monoaminergic stimulants. I don’t know why you would assume that amphetamines and “psychedelics” are so much different due to arbitrary names.

They have totally different psychoactive properties. Anyone who has done speed and LSD would say they're so different there's no point trying to compare the two. Apples and oranges.

They have totally different psychoactive properties. Anyone who has done speed and LSD would say they're so different there's no point trying to compare the two. Apples and oranges.
I’m “anyone“ and I say no. Maybe Brussel sprouts and broccoli.