• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Do opiates help anyone here with derealization?

lightblue543

Bluelighter
Hi all, this is something that I’ve had for a while now, maybe caused by either past trauma (although I don’t feel like I have any trauma with me right now) or maybe some mental anxiety that I’m not aware of, or it could be something else. I’m working with a therapist about it now.

I remember reading somewhere that opiates, even cheap codeine can help with symptoms of this, not sure if it was on the forum or elsewhere. Developing and opiate habit isn’t the best way to deal with something like this, but hey I’m still wondering, like really wondering, if there’s anyone else here with dp/dr and have had success with opiates.

Cheers.

you havent said what it is you have or your treating all you said is you have 'something'..

I know but at this point neither me or my therapist knows for sure, guess the cause isn’t super important here, but let’s say someone had dp/dr but no real other symptoms, would opiates make you feel normal again, that’s all I’m asking. I take codeine every now and then because it’s cheap and easily available and to be fair I noticed the symptoms did improve ‘a bit’.

Opiates relieve anxiety and mental pain but in the long run you'll still be haunted by the trauma and anxiety from the past. It's like using stimulants to get over heartbreak or some sort of horrible event in your life. The up helps you cope but the down makes your painful situations so much worse.

Don't recommend going down this route. There's healthy ways to deal with trauma and unhealthy ways that extend the pain for a way longer period of time than dealing with your shit sober.

Well why should shrooms and ecstasy get all the glory?

I don't think any drug can help you with trauma long term because substances help you dodge the problem when it's something that needs to be dealt with head on imo.

Specifically, the magic of opiates doesn't really last. It's anti-depressive properties are short lived :/ Many heavy alcoholics flock to alcohol to help relieve their past but alcoholism is probably a stronger monster to deal with than trauma haha.

I
I don't think any drug can help you with trauma long term because substances help you dodge the problem when it's something that needs to be dealt with head on imo.

Specifically, the magic of opiates doesn't really last. It's anti-depressive properties are short lived :/ Many heavy alcoholics flock to alcohol to help relieve their past but alcoholism is probably a stronger monster to deal with than trauma haha.

I meant that tongue in cheek.
There’s some research being done currently into microdosing of Magic mushrooms and eccys for the purpose of childhood regression therapy.

I’d have thought a drug forum would be all over that story?

I

I meant that tongue in cheek.
There’s some research being done currently into microdosing of Magic mushrooms and eccys for the purpose of childhood regression therapy.

I’d have thought a drug forum would be all over that story?

I've actually tried ketamine for depression once. I was so shocked that it really helps! I do think psychadelics can definitely help with depression too once in a blue moon.

I've actually tried ketamine for depression once. I was so shocked that it really helps! I do think psychadelics can definitely help with depression too once in a blue moon.
Supposedly the trials are having a 40% success rate so who knows?

I have PTSD now. Be just my luck I’d try mushies to cure it and end up even more fucked up, no thanks 😂😂😂

But I’ll be honest, opiates and benzos are the only things that keep me calm when I’m too stressed. You just can’t say much nice stuff about those kind of drugs around here, they’re the BAD ones lol

Supposedly the trials are having a 40% success rate so who knows?

I have PTSD now. Be just my luck I’d try mushies to cure it and end up even more fucked up, no thanks 😂😂😂

But I’ll be honest, opiates and benzos are the only things that keep me calm when I’m too stressed. You just can’t say much nice stuff about those kind of drugs around here, they’re the BAD ones lol

It's okay, I started swallowing oxy to deal with my horrific love life and how stressful my graduate program was getting. I can't help but think that I've opened up a portal into hell that made my life so much worse :cool: After a certain point you just have to realize that quitting can be borderline impossible.

The great thing about opiates is no matter how much pain etc you go through its always the best feeling in the world when you finally get your next 'fix' thats whats so awesome you can have a wife screaming at you 5 kids crying because they haven't been changed, fed or given attention in god knows how long, freezing because no bills but your just sitting their with a smile on your face completely oblivious well not oblivious but you don't care that much that you might as well be oblivious

It's okay, I started swallowing oxy to deal with my horrific love life and how stressful my graduate program was getting. I can't help but think that I've opened up a portal into hell that made my life so much worse :cool: After a certain point you just have to realize that quitting can be borderline impossible.

Haha well you nearly nailed that one perfect.
I had a mate once who swore he didn’t have a drug problem, it was a girl problem. 100%
He was a speed addict lol

Quitting opiates is hard. I had a bad relationship with panadene forte. And a close friend of mine is a heroin addict.
I actually learned a lot from his experiences and seeing him at his lowest.
Oxys are stronger than fortes aren’t they?

You will quit when your ready tho, no matter how hard it is

Haha well you nearly nailed that one perfect.
I had a mate once who swore he didn’t have a drug problem, it was a girl problem. 100%
He was a speed addict lol

Quitting opiates is hard. I had a bad relationship with panadene forte. And a close friend of mine is a heroin addict.
I actually learned a lot from his experiences and seeing him at his lowest.
Oxys are stronger than fortes aren’t they?

You will quit when your ready tho, no matter how hard it is

What is "pandene forte?" I've been clean a couple of times without lying about it, because you know how talented opiate addicts are at lying when prompted with the question, "are you high right now?" There could not be a more useless question in the history of mankind. Problem is my life didn't improve without the drugs and there wasn't much incentive to stay clean.

Just going to avoid relationships for a while and focus on myself/addictions. Sorry OP, I've derailed your thread. Moral of the story is that drugs are bad mmkay. I truly don't think that opiate use can positively impact your life for very long unless you're using them for physical pain relief. They lose their magic. I can barely feel them anymore even on higher doses after a 3 month haitus, so you can end up hitting that road block. Only in the beginning does it make everyday a 10/10 and help you deal with internal demons. Even if you quit and return a decade later the brain remembers. There's a temporary magic with them that never comes back even if your tolerance lowers it seems. It's a totally managable addiction but it's not a good place to be. Ironically they prevent you from healing so therapy could even be negated. I've read that before with folks who struggle with opiate addiction/depression who entered therapy and their using made the therapy absolutely useless, but everyone is different.

Last edited:
Ironically they prevent you from healing so therapy could even be negated. I've read that before with folks who struggle with opiate addiction/depression who entered therapy and their using made the therapy absolutely useless, but everyone is different.
How do opiates prevent you from 'healing'? Are you saying that they leave you stuck in a certain emotional age?

How do opiates prevent you from 'healing'? Are you saying that they leave you stuck in a certain emotional age?

It's easier to stay indoors and not fix anything about your life because they feel great and satisfy you. What I'm saying isn't objective at all, because everyone's different. I've noticed with myself though that when I used them to get over a horrible breakup it just prolonged the pain so much longer than when I went through the first one sober. It temporarily makes you not think about painful events and therefor it makes the healing process elongated. Drug use or not you can't really hide how you feel about something. And stress is like a credit card. Eventually you have to pay up. I don't think emotions are much different from stress.

Perpetual use often actually creates depression in some users for whatever reasons. When they stop working as an anti-depressant, I can't imagine them holding back your demons anymore at that point. Plus I know first-hand that when you're withdrawing and your depression can get severe your mind starts to wonder over things you've been bottling in from your usage. Opies also deplete your testosterone. Low T = feeling crappy all the time, low confidence, low energy, etc.

Last edited:
What is "pandene forte?" I've been clean a couple of times without lying about it, because you know how talented opiate addicts are at lying when prompted with the question, "are you high right now?" There could not be a more useless question in the history of mankind. Problem is my life didn't improve without the drugs and there wasn't much incentive to stay clean.

Just going to avoid relationships for a while and focus on myself/addictions. Sorry OP, I've derailed your thread. Moral of the story is that drugs are bad mmkay. I truly don't think that opiate use can positively impact your life for very long unless you're using them for physical pain relief. They lose their magic. I can barely feel them anymore even on higher doses after a 3 month haitus, so you can end up hitting that road block. Only in the beginning does it make everyday a 10/10 and help you deal with internal demons. Even if you quit and return a decade later the brain remembers. There's a temporary magic with them that never comes back even if your tolerance lowers it seems. It's a totally managable addiction but it's not a good place to be. Ironically they prevent you from healing so therapy could even be negated. I've read that before with folks who struggle with opiate addiction/depression who entered therapy and their using made the therapy absolutely useless, but everyone is different.

Panadene forte is 500mg paracetamol with 30mg codeine, just over double the strength of nurofen plus and one of the easier opiates to get prescribed in Aus.
You have to be near dead to get Oxys here lol
They’re then cooked down with alcohol and sodium benzoate (I think that’s right, could be dextrose in it too but I never did it myself so I could have that wrong) this both removes the paracetamol and binding agents and then the solution is filtered and put into a needle.
So basically piss weak heroin lol
I mostly just used to take the pills (20-30 a day) but that amount of paracetamol makes you sick as hell and tolerance builds FAST so eventually I found someone to help me break them down.
It was about then a dear friend kicked my butt about how badly I was risking my life doing something so stupid and I began to ween.

You’re right, eventually you need them just to get up in the morning. Magic long gone and you can’t function til you’ve had them.
It’s gotten harder and harder to get here, our gov cracked down hard couple years ago so I had two choices.
Become a heroin addict, or sort my shit out.

I did neither really. Now I’m a drunk 😂😂😂😂

I personally still think meths worse, at least opiates don’t turn you into a crazed sleepless psychopath lol
But I guess that’s a matter of preference isn’t it

Panadene forte is 500mg paracetamol with 30mg codeine, just over double the strength of nurofen plus and one of the easier opiates to get prescribed in Aus.
You have to be near dead to get Oxys here lol
They’re then cooked down with alcohol and sodium benzoate (I think that’s right, could be dextrose in it too but I never did it myself so I could have that wrong) this both removes the paracetamol and binding agents and then the solution is filtered and put into a needle.
So basically piss weak heroin lol
I mostly just used to take the pills (20-30 a day) but that amount of paracetamol makes you sick as hell and tolerance builds FAST so eventually I found someone to help me break them down.
It was about then a dear friend kicked my butt about how badly I was risking my life doing something so stupid and I began to ween.

You’re right, eventually you need them just to get up in the morning. Magic long gone and you can’t function til you’ve had them.
It’s gotten harder and harder to get here, our gov cracked down hard couple years ago so I had two choices.
Become a heroin addict, or sort my shit out.

I did neither really. Now I’m a drunk 😂😂😂😂

I personally still think meths worse, at least opiates don’t turn you into a crazed sleepless psychopath lol
But I guess that’s a matter of preference isn’t it

Haha that's true. Opies are so surprsingly physically benign. Some people chew fent patches, deal with black tar heroin, and drink seed tea and then say their brains go almost back to 100% after they quit. In the US the government gives them to white people like candy and notoriously denies alot of ethnic people prescriptions for opioids. I know someone in my family who doesn't have chronic pain at all, she's just elderly and wanted them and it was absurd how easily she got access to it.

You'd be surprised how many ghettos have a system figured out to get large amounts to spit their game. They've got their grandma's going in :oops: The US is starting to regulate it more after the puzzling "epidemic" they only can blame themselves for, and even so dealers from impoverished areas are a step ahead continuously outsmarting the system. I have no doubt pharmicists and doctors are being paid under the table to contribute to the massive amount of recreational opioids out there.

Meth is quite uncommon where I'm at. The city is more about pills and coke but it's pretty socially frowned upon to be dabbling in meth haha. That's more of a southern thing or middle of the country issue. Meth isn't recreational here, it's reputation is the most hedonistic self-destructive thing you can possibly put into your body.

Last edited:

I beleive it is a form of higher than otc stregnth cocodomal (codeine and paracetomal) hence the name when I had them I swear they made me more sleepy than regular cocodomal like their mixed with a sedative or something the chemist hooked me up with them even though I didnt have a prescription

Yep
I beleive it is a form of higher than otc stregnth cocodomal (codeine and paracetomal) hence the name when I had them I swear they made me more sleepy than regular cocodomal like their mixed with a sedative or something the chemist hooked me up with them even though I didnt have a prescription
yep. Sleepy and sick in the gut.
I’ve almost OD’d on the panadol before trying to get enough codeine.
Which is rather ironic really.
The most lethal drug available and its on every supermarket shelf.
You want some real pain relief though and you need to convince your doc you have cancer or something.

Hey, while on the pill topic, save me starting a whole new thread, does anyone know if diazepam is water soluble?

Haha that's true. Opies are so surprsingly physically benign. Some people chew fent patches, deal with black tar heroin, and drink seed tea and then say their brains go almost back to 100% after they quit. In the US the government gives them to white people like candy and notoriously denies alot of ethnic people prescriptions for opioids. I know someone in my family who doesn't have chronic pain at all, she's just elderly and wanted them and it was absurd how easily she got access to it.

You'd be surprised how many ghettos have a system figured out to get large amounts to spit their game. They've got their grandma's going in :oops: The US is starting to regulate it more after the puzzling "epidemic" they only can blame themselves for, and even so dealers from impoverished areas are a step ahead continuously outsmarting the system. I have no doubt pharmicists and doctors are being paid under the table to contribute to the massive amount of recreational opioids out there.

Meth is quite uncommon where I'm at. The city is more about pills and coke but it's pretty socially frowned upon to be dabbling in meth haha. That's more of a southern thing or middle of the country issue. Meth isn't recreational here, it's reputation is the most hedonistic self-destructive thing you can possibly put into your body.

You guys are lucky then :(
I use a little meth occasionally, it’s not really my drug of choice but it’s easiest to access.
Where I go to buy it is a housing complex with about 60 units.
Every. Single. Person there is methed out.
I went there one day and a bloke was running round with a meat cleaver.
Another time a SWAT team was there cos some bloke was holding his gf hostage with a hunting knife.
They go weeks without sleeping or eating and it rots their brains bad.