• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Do most of you actually get out of it at such low does?? (Valium)

lornemalvo

Greenlighter
I've been shadowing this forum for years and so many times do I see people posting about "5mg Valium" helping them sleep or giving them a hangover. I don't get it. I've always needed massive amounts and take around 100mg a day easily sometimes. What's your secret??

The stronger Benzos are a different story.

Well......I don't take benzos every day anymore, only as needed. But when I did take Valium every day for 6 months, I could never handle more than 10mgs in one day, way too powerful for me.

I hadn't taken any Valium in 2 months, & yesterday I was in a stressful situation where it caused me anxiety & I took 2 1/2 MG's of Valium & it worked great!

It relaxed me & I was chill for the rest of the night. I guess that's where the possible euphoria comes in......as for what's the secret? There isn't any.......

I'm thinking people that use massive amounts if benzos a day like you either have an underlying anxiety/stressful problem that you don't know about but its causing you massive anxiety, hence the heave use, or you have have a naturally high tolerance to benzos, or lastly, you've abused benzos for way too long.

The "less is more" mentality applies heavily to benzodiazepines. To be honest, I never found any benzo at any dose to have recreational effects that I deemed pleasurable.

don't feed the troll
unless he is that stupid to take 100mg of valium which is pointless and a waste of perfectly good medication

Sounds like a habit or at least a serious tolerance, 100mg valium would flat-out floor a lot of people. But there is a reason they make low dose pills - they really do work for plenty of people.

Do you get withdrawals when you stop?

Sounds like a habit or at least a serious tolerance, 100mg valium would flat-out floor a lot of people. But there is a reason they make low dose pills - they really do work for plenty of people.

Do you get withdrawals when you stop?

if it takes 100mg of valium then the OP needs to switch to something else don't you think?

We're not idiots

lol.

It's almost as if the OP has blacked out the entire time he built up his tolerance to needing 100mgs of valium to feel it. Trust me, if you added up all the benzos you've used over the years, you'll know why your tolerance is at 100mg of valium to "feel it".

OP, you need something else man.. If you have to take 100mg there's no point in taking Valium for you. Get some Klonopin instead.

if it takes 100mg of valium then the OP needs to switch to something else don't you think?

Possibly just step back and look at drug use generally. Not bringing the pressure to quit, but y'know, consider what's going on, cuz I've pushed plenty of drugs to their limit and generally this is what I'd term 'drug abuse' rather than 'drug use'. It generally means other stuff in your world is crappy. And that's worth looking at.

Possibly just step back and look at drug use generally. Not bringing the pressure to quit, but y'know, consider what's going on, cuz I've pushed plenty of drugs to their limit and generally this is what I'd term 'drug abuse' rather than 'drug use'. It generally means other stuff in your world is crappy. And that's worth looking at.

i see your point but for example if i need 100mg of xanax to "feel it" i would find something else
just doesn't seem logical to take high amounts of something in case of the OP 100mg of valium just to feel it
when something else can achieve what your after with a lot less

Because if its for day time anxiety issues u don't want to be a drowsy as fuck zombie all day

This is interesting...

Admittedly, diazepam (Valium) is not my forte. I've probably used it a total of a couple dozen times, whereas clonazepam and alprazolam are my bread and butter (probably true for most in the USA). I, unfortunately never experienced much effect from the substance unless I took it in proportionate recreational doses. I generally will use 3-4mg of the above stated benzodiazepines and 10mg diazepam is equal to only .5mg of both of them.

When I took diazepam recreationally, I would end up taking 60mgs at least. It's long lasting and seems to have a more profound effect on the "body" in comparison to the previously mentioned. However, I was in the hospital recently for a deviated septum and I (obviously) was maxing out my PCA hydromorphone. I felt like absolute shit, even pushing the button nonstop. The nurse suddenly came in and said, "We're going to try something a little different." She then pushed a bolus of diazepam through my line. I was instantly much, much better. It was only 2.5mg ;) I passed out within 10 minutes of the bolus. I guess diazepam has some variability in its effects.

I could easily knock back 7 or 8 blues without touching them for months, I always found blues to be too light, I have severe anxiety that only xanax can help, must be a naturally high tolerance to valium I have.
xxxRachelxxx

Couldn't feel 10-20mg of valium with a low tolerance.. so, couldn't help ya there.

I only get any pleasant effects from valium if I'm having bad anxiety. Other than that it does nothing for me unless I take a ridiculous amount, but fuck that. I save it for when I need it.

Good thread. I been taking 5-10mg of Valium for almost 6 months now. It does very little for me now besides giving me munchies. I actually decided to quit taking them almost two weeks ago. If I try to get "bar'd" out I end up having a nasty hangover the next day.

Once you play with Klonopin and Xanax at HIGH DOSES for months. Say goodbye to valium for euphoric purposes. even after years of abstinence I have a high benzo tolerance

I don't see why the OP is getting so much criticism, lucky for you, you may not enjoy high dose diaz, i do, if i had an unlimited amount i would be worse off than the OP with the way i use. My missus get's smashed off 5mg(she has a lower tolerance to most depressents, alcohol, opioids etc), we're not all the same. I guess i'm an 'idiot' too? Without tolerance i could do 30mg recreationally, 100mg? yeah, give me a few months.

OP diazepam is very versatile, i can use 5mg-10mg for anxiety and as stated i can easily go 20-30 for recreational use which i don't do often as i have no script. Theres people alot worse of than you, half gram habits sound rare, but when you have a reliable supplier for powder most would get carried away. Most of us are drug abusers here who are you all kidding?

I only get any pleasant effects from valium if I'm having bad anxiety. Other than that it does nothing for me unless I take a ridiculous amount, but fuck that. I save it for when I need it.

You win the medal for most sensible post. It's what I should have stuck to, but it was too fun to combo with IV Dilaudid....8) (didn't IV non water soluble valium pills though, not that moronic).