• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Do Methadone clinics routinely test for Fentanyl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

colors

Bluelighter
I'm in an MMT program (Ontario Canada). I'd like to try straight fent powder (cheapest by far for me right now with a high tolerance), but I don't want to lose my carries.

The nurses conduct a supervised piss test every week. They are using dip sticks and monitoring temperature, although I'm not sure exactly what their test consists of.

I don't see the results on paper - all I get is a vocal confirmation from the doctor that my urine passed the test on a given week.

I know that fent doesn't show up as a morphine derivative on the standard panel tests - I know that it requires its own test. My question is, due to popularity, are they checking for fent at the clinics? Is there an easy way I could inquire without arousing suspicion? Sorry if this is a stupid question, and thanks in advance for help.

It really depends on the test. Dip tests I'd still say is risky, but lab tests will definitely mess you up as they can test for metabolites long after the drug leaves the system.

That being said drug test questions are a no no here. No one knows how your being tested and no one wants to be responsible for any legal troubles it may cause.

Probably?
Depends on the clinic's policies, but I'd be suprised if they didn't.

Anyway this counts as a drug testing question... so, closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.