• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Do I have everything I need??

Hipster427

Bluelighter
I am planning on kicking my 7 month run with opiates towards the end of next week. For the past 3 weeks i have been doing on average about 130 mg (give or take) roxys a day starting at 730 in the morning. I am want to kick the habit bc I want my life back and i want to do it now before it gets any worse. I have been through withdrawals only once before from about a 3 year run with norcos then roxys-taking bout 170mg or so a day and i do not want my withdrawals this time be anything like the withdrawals i had then. It was God awful. However i have alot more things to hopefully help me out this time around. Im gonna write what i currently have and i would like to know everyones opinions on what i have and what else i may need and i would like to know how bad everyone thinks the withdrawals will be.
I currently have 225 mg of roxicode left and how should i be taking them to be somewhat tapering down? I have .5 mg Klonopin (could probably get a couple more), propanol (for physical anxiety symptoms and heart rate), ambien and doxapine for sleep, 20 40 mg Vyvanse, bottle full of 50 mg Vistaril, currently have 30 grams of Super Green Mayalsian Master Blend Kratom, 30 grams of Super Red Vein ( borneo) Kali Mist master blend Kratom, a quarter of some dank high quality bud, lots of incense to relax me, plenty of water,soups and yogurt,tylenol/ibruprofen,benadryl,pepto, vitamins and planning on picking up the immodium tomorrow. I was also thinking that i probably need to pick up more kratom tomorrow as well.

How bad do you think my symptoms will be and for how long? How should i taper the remaining roxys that i have? Have amphetamines been known to help with withdrawals or atleast make you able to make it through work? comments, suggestions anyone?

If you can afford it you should buy a shit ton of Kratom before the end of the month, as it will be banned...Kratom is the wonder drug for oxy withdrawals, but be careful as it's an opiates itself. Then u can taper with the Kratom for week or two or three (depending how much u can get before the ban) and it will be much less painful....trust me I've done it with both oxy and methadone, it works

I am planning on kicking my 7 month run with opiates towards the end of next week. For the past 3 weeks i have been doing on average about 130 mg (give or take) roxys a day starting at 730 in the morning. I am want to kick the habit bc I want my life back and i want to do it now before it gets any worse. I have been through withdrawals only once before from about a 3 year run with norcos then roxys-taking bout 170mg or so a day and i do not want my withdrawals this time be anything like the withdrawals i had then. It was God awful. However i have alot more things to hopefully help me out this time around. Im gonna write what i currently have and i would like to know everyones opinions on what i have and what else i may need and i would like to know how bad everyone thinks the withdrawals will be.
I currently have 225 mg of roxicode left and how should i be taking them to be somewhat tapering down? I have .5 mg Klonopin (could probably get a couple more), propanol (for physical anxiety symptoms and heart rate), ambien and doxapine for sleep, 20 40 mg Vyvanse, bottle full of 50 mg Vistaril, currently have 30 grams of Super Green Mayalsian Master Blend Kratom, 30 grams of Super Red Vein ( borneo) Kali Mist master blend Kratom, a quarter of some dank high quality bud, lots of incense to relax me, plenty of water,soups and yogurt,tylenol/ibruprofen,benadryl,pepto, vitamins and planning on picking up the immodium tomorrow. I was also thinking that i probably need to pick up more kratom tomorrow as well.

How bad do you think my symptoms will be and for how long? How should i taper the remaining roxys that i have? Have amphetamines been known to help with withdrawals or atleast make you able to make it through work? comments, suggestions anyone?

With that amount of Roxi left you can do a decent (however quick) taper so your body isn't so shocked. You will just have to get in the mindset that you're no longer using them to achieve a high. That's what I always had a hard time with.

Take a little less each day... start at around what you normally would take, then drop it down about 15-30mg a day depending on how fast you are planning to kick it.. I would go for a slower taper if I were you only going down about 15mg a day from where you were and just take it easy, then you wont notice such a big difference each day you drop a little lower.. you seem to have plenty of other great drugs to kick oxy with as well which will help.. I hope you can do this and make it out of the crazy addiction to opioids, like oxy, which I have been through multiple times, eventually ending up with a dope addiction... now I am on buprenorphine maint. because I tried many times to stop using oxy/H but just kept relapsing every damn time.. I was a very heavy user for years though.. I don't know how long you have been at it, but I was doing over 300mg of oxy a day or more if I could afford it and if not oxy, it would be an equipotent amount of any other strong opioid... it was just too much for me, and I don't have the most will power in the world either, so I opted for bupe..

For the love of all things good, DO NOT take the vyvanse for w/d.

If you have a 130 mg a day habit and you only have 225 mg left your taper won't a very effective one. Personally, If I have the meds or a means of acquiring them, there is a 0 percent chance I will taper, but if you have the discipline...
I'd also try to hold of as long as you can between doses, atleast be slightly uncomfortable before you redose.
Make sure you realize before you even begin a taper, the concept is it keeps you less sick, not makes you well. We all SUCK at that.
I'd start on around 80 mg day one then just go 60 mg, 40mg, 20mg, 10 mg, 10 mg, 5 mg for the next 6 days. It'll suck, and I'm sure others would have other recommendtions.
If you can find a couple of subs, it might make it a little easier, I think its easier to taper onto something other than your DOC. Plus once you have a tolerance, suboxone won't really get you high.

With 225 remaining taper as steep as you can stand it with the remaining oxycodone to get down to a level that Kratom will be truly effective and stock more if possible.. It might be a little rough as you are out of practice w/d ing but it sounds like you have a comprehensive spectrum of meds to help. Save your sedatives for sleep as the dreams during w/d can become annoying. Once you come off of the oxycodone plateau the Kratom will be much more efficient & last longer, then a much more gradual taper off the Kratom will allow you to come back to life and function back in the world again.

You will probably need the Loperamide for a while but not in megadoses unless all other options fail. I wouldn't mess with the stimulants until you have some more experience with this whole thing or at least be conservative as your brain will be taxed enough already. The runny nose and eyes can be annoying but antihistamines and Oxymetazoline (afrin) and/or Fluticasone Propionate (flonase) will curb the majority of that. The initial steep taper will suck but remind yourself it will pay off huge when you hit the kratom.
When the self pity starts to creep in remind yourself that at least you are not doing this in jail so "cowboy up". I got off 7 years of 100 mg methadone and tons of alprazolam 8 months ago and some of the methods/ drugs stated above were instrumental IME. Good Luck

many peeps use loperamide, at least u can buy it at the store, and i hear it works wonders.

Wow. I think you are pretty much set with all of that. I feel crazy recommending another item but I feel its worth noting. I'm legitimately coming off of Suboxone and am hoping for Gabapentin. It's not a narcotic but is known to ease 95% of withdrawals. But in case of not being allowed the Gabapentin I am currently looking for a source of Phenibut. This is nearly the same as Gabapentin but different than GABA supplement as the Phenibut actually crosses the BBB. Also Phenibut could possibly potentiate the Kratom so that less is needed.

Otherwise, I think you're all set. People have successfully done with less and I think it's all now up to you. Good luck! Drink lots of Gatorade too and definitely a bottle of Loperamide from Walmart. Don't get from anywhere else, as Immodium is overly priced and expensive.

I agree the gabapentin is worth adding and yes if you can get more clonazepam then it IMO is one of the most critical tools as far as helping with sleep, reducing anxiety, boosting physical comfort, etc goes. I'd advise you to stay away from Benadryl as it can make the restless leg/limb syndrome way worse and for me that was one of the most aggravating and longest lasting symptoms next to insomnia. Melatonin is another good one for that insomnia, as is sleepytime tea but really a good bedtime routine is ideal as is exercise even if you don't feel up for it. A walk around the block in the fresh air or even some time in the sauna can speed up the detox process and start to get your brain resuming normal endorphin release again. If you need stronger options for sleep then I'd lean towards soma, or tizanidine, and if absolutely necessary then seroquel will buy you deep, sudden sleep but it has a tendency to have a groggy hangover effect the following day. Positive thinking is key! Pep talk yourself even if you feel like a wreck and look like death warmed over-just keep reassuring yourself how you CAN do it and acknowledge how far you've already gone in making the choice and sticking with it and that you won't ever have to do it again! Kudos on being so well prepared already too btw! You got this!

Oh yeah-phenergan is another great one for both calming nausea and helping with sleep! Highly recommended!

I have no ways of really getting any other types of prescription meds.. what I have is all I have. I am just hoping and praying that this kratom does wonders. I just went back to the head shop and purchased 30 more grams of Super red vein Borneo kali mist 30x. I got the 30x hoping it will be a lot stronger compared to the other capsules I have.
I have heard mixed opinions on the vyvanse- one of my buddies told me to take vyvanse or adderall because it will help push me through the day and maybe actually get me to get out of the bed. Also because the amphetamines having an affect on your reward center in your brain. I know that the vyvanse can definitely make anxiety worse. I am also wondering if I am gonna be able to work- my off days are not together they are split up ( off on Thursday and Sunday) this week and they are also split the next week which really sucks. Also, this whole roxys addiction has been kept a big secret so no one, not even my girlfriend knows what I am about to be experiencing..she knows I will take a pain pill if I am hurting from my bulging discs in my neck but she has no idea just how much and how long I have been taking these little blue devils.
I have also started working out and going to the gym this past week, I've always been told that exercising has been key to gettin through withdrawals. Should I be going to the gym during the withdrawals?
Thank you all for the positive vibes

If you have benZos opiate withdrawal is not too difficult.

Benzos like klonopin, which is great because its so long acting will def help the anxiety part of the withdrawls. Loperamide, is actually an opioid itself, so that too will def help with the oxy withdrawls, and keep your stomach from being too fucked up.. and the kratom should be perfect, but don't take too much of either kratom or lope, just enough to keep you well when your nearing the end of the oxy taper, possibly a little more, just to feel okay once the oxy is completely gone... like others stated, amphetamines like vyvanse aren't going to help you during oxy w/d at all! They may prove to be useful once you are off the oxy completely and not taking it anymore, but they will just make you probably more anxious than you want... thus taking more and more benzos to combat the anxiety from the amps... Sounds like you have more than what you need to make this work! Hope the best for you, as I know just how bad oxy withdrawls can be alone, and even with benzos and other meds, you may still crave the oxy, probably will for a little while after its all gone. I haven't used oxy in years, but I still find myself craving it even with my meds. Bupe, benzos, and amps.. they def keep me occupied though most of the time, but I still miss that high I would get from oxy from time to time, and that will probably never go away.

So should I be taking the kratom during this short little tapering I'm doing ? Am I gonna be able to go to the gym through all of this?

I did ..... Dropping from ~120mg/ day to 30/day over about 2 weeks , and it was an absolute breeze - it really helped mentally more than I ever could have hoped for which really helped the " holy shit , I can do this " attitude !!
Be strong bud ! Get it behind you and live again

So I have dropped my roxy usage down quite a bit. I've done I think 45 mg today. I only have two more 15s left that I'm saving for tomorrow. I'm off from work on Thursday so I can't decide if I want to keep the 15s for tomorrow morning or if I want to go ahead and do them this evening. My homeboy reups tomorrow and I can't decide if I should get a few more and keep tapering or just suck it up and do the damn thing. What do you guys think? The cravings are starting to come and it sucks

Last edited:
So I have dropped my roxy usage down quite a bit. I've done I think 45 mg today. I only have two more 15s left that I'm saving for tomorrow. I'm off from work on Thursday so I can't decide if I want to keep the 15s for tomorrow morning or if I want to go ahead and do them this evening. My homeboy reups tomorrow and I can't decide if I should get a few more and keep tapering or just suck it up and do the damn thing. What do you guys think? The cravings are starting to come and it sucks

IF you have the mindset to be done , I personally would get more and ween down - right now you'd be jumping off a higher cliff ..... You just have to fight the " I can take an extra one because I have X to do and I deserve one because I've been doing a good job weening down " thoughts ..... Kratom really helped me ween in part by filling the voids and not just hitting another one bc I had them , hold your feet to the fire - be strict w/ yourself , but I deff. would ween down more
Myself , ( iirc ) I went from ~120 down to 80 , held for 3 days / 80 to 60 , held for 3 days ...... Hit 30 ( 10 am / 10 lunch / 10 around 4:00 ) and held for like 4-5 days - the last 2 days breaking the 10's and only 5mg. At a time and when I jumped it wasn't bad at all - like I was pissed at myself for not doing it long ago , I was so worried about quitting and how shitty it would be - - I know you'll say the same thing soon , it's 80% just shit in your head - really really !!
Don't overdo the kratom tho , when weening I just took ~ 4g am / 2g. Lunch and sometimes another 2g around 3:00 and it did wonders

how many mgs a day and for how long with the tapering?? when should i start taking the kratom? do i wait til 24 hours after my last opiate? say i took a pain pill around lunch, can i take one now? i have the discipline to not take more than im supposed to because i really am trying to be done with this shit. im i cant do it, i think i am gonna ask my dad to put me through detox come the beginner of the year when i can miss work.

i really have come to love this website. Its so nice to be able to ask questions and share opinions and advice. everyone has been very welcoming.