• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Do drugs binding for the same receptors taken together work synergistically or against each other? (Alprazolam, zolpidem, valerian root, chamomile...

Meremoth

Greenlighter
I take alprazolam, zolpidem, valerian root, gaba supplement, chamomile, ashwagandha, can kava kava every night at bed.

Are any of these drugs / supplement / herbs working synergistically or are any of them overriding each other and negating the effects of other ones by competing for the same receptors?

also is there a best way to take all these in a certain order at a certain time to make them work better synergistically before bed? Like take one and let it kick in and then take another one and let it kick in and take another one and let it kick in, and so on and so forth instead of taking them all the same time all at once?

In my experience you definitely get different results depending upon when you take what and what you took before and what you took after it.

Does anyone have any help or opinions or suggestions or recommendations or experience with any of these drugs and supplements and herbs that could help me out and help me find the best way to take all these before bed to get the optimal amount of sleep and the optimal amount of reduction of anxiety the next day. I only take them before bed and they help me sleep and then I'm anxiety-free the entire next day without having to take anymore during the day.

But it does seem like they work better when I take them in certain orders at certain times and certain dosages.

If anyone has any inside that could help me out I'd very much appreciate it. This combination has been a godsend for me and as made me a much more functional person during the day and has drastically improved my chronic insomnia during the night.

Thanks for any help it is very much appreciated.

the drugs 98% of times will work synergistically, only partial agonist like buprenorphine made to use all the receptors available to prevent other opiates from bidding

Bupe's mode of action is a high affinity mixed agonist/antagonist, it's not that it takes more sites, it's that it triggers different mechanisms at the site. In terms of agonism it's only a partial agonist.

Besides which, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but a higher affinity ligand will knock the lower affinity from it's target site. This is how so many in vitro studies are made. It's "synergistic" only in that the lower affinity take the left over open sites. (Whereas in buprenorphine, the left over sites are inverse-agonized, but higher affinity would knock those out)

I have more or less the same question, but: my normal medication is Nomexor 2,5 mb (blood pressure),, Escitalopram 20 mg, Amphetaminsulfat 22,5/d. I also ordererd GABA to push the benzos but because of the SSRI do I have to await a Serotonin-Syndrome?

I would really appreciate If anybody could help me or if anybody made experiences that way.

JJ