• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Misc Do drug dealers in Ireland give stuff on 'credit' and then threaten you/your family if you don't pay back?

I’d never buy drugs on the street here, not that it’s dangerous (well kinda) but don’t want them showing up at the house or threatening me with paramilitaries. As you can tell I’m in NI lol.

I was listening to a radio host Niall Boylan talk about a mother who had to pay a ransom to stop drug dealers attacking her house/family. Her 19yr old son was using cocaine and cannabis frequently and his habit soon exceeded his savings/earnings. She said that the drug dealer then gave him stuff on credit for a month and told him nicely to pay it back "when he could". Of course, he was out of his head for a month until he realized the predicament he was in and shit his pants.

He tried avoiding the drug dealer but he got followed and then they soon knocked on his ma's house. They asked for him and he said he'd pay. He told his mother about it but she said it's not her problem and kicked him out for using drugs. Well the dealer came again and smashed the window. Despite the mum saying that her son was no longer living there, they didn't care and said that if they can't find him, they'll go after his relatives until someone pays.

Long story, short, she paid €2500 and the issue was settled.

From listening to that episode, these stories are frighteningly common and it's happening to kids as young as 13-14. They either get threatened with physical harm or they are convinced to hold some drugs for someone.
tough they shouldn't have borrowed the money/drugs if they couldn't pay it back I agree with the mum kicking them out sounds well disrespectful I hope he pays her back one day one thing I will say is the dealers who get young naive kids under 15 purposely to take advantage that is messed up if the kid is helping his big brother and getting paid for it and his big brother didn't bully him into it that isn't as bad because they were probably raised like that one of my best dealers sometimes used to send this little young'n to meet me I think he was his little bro but he was clearly as street smart as the best of them but those dealers who go around the school lines grooming and recruiting kid 'soldiers ' is fucked man but its just the way it is now unfortunately I was once in debt like that for a few hundred I was late a few times but the guy was ok he did threaten to do this n that On the phone sometimes if I took the piss but he never did he was a cool dude he stopped dealing with my though because he was always giving me more than I was paying for or letting me off a bit or sometimes all of it because he knew my situation and felt sorry for me dealers like that are rare though

I can't speak for Ireland, but I will say if I heard someone say their kid said they were worried about their dealer coming after them for money, I'd be inclined to suggest that it's more likely a scam to get money for drugs.

Not saying it doesn't happen that the threat is real, it can, but... Well knowing how many scummy ways I and people I know have played on our loved ones to get money, I'm disinclined to believe any story that has as its solution "more money".

When you're an addict it's amazing how often you get into "problems" that require you to be given money by family and friends.
Even if it aint a scam it's not a parents job to pay for their kids drug habit or drug debts my family was a bit say tough love and would probably pay it the first time as long as it wasn't to much because we've never been flushed but after that I would probs have to learn the hard way although if they came to the house my dad would probably best the shit out of them he's probably the only person I have ever been even remotely scared of something like that did happen actually but it wasn't anything to do with drugs or debts this guy a few years above me in school was bullying me really bad because I didnt really stick up for myself he went a bit far once best me to a bloody pulp and stubbed cigarettes on me I didn't grass but when my mum seen what state I was in she made me tell her the truth then she told my dad he came down drove past the guy once got a hammer out his boot and the rest is history

Even if it aint a scam it's not a parents job to pay for their kids drug habit or drug debts my family was a bit say tough love and would probably pay it the first time as long as it wasn't to much because we've never been flushed but after that I would probs have to learn the hard way although if they came to the house my dad would probably best the shit out of them he's probably the only person I have ever been even remotely scared of something like that did happen actually but it wasn't anything to do with drugs or debts this guy a few years above me in school was bullying me really bad because I didnt really stick up for myself he went a bit far once best me to a bloody pulp and stubbed cigarettes on me I didn't grass but when my mum seen what state I was in she made me tell her the truth then she told my dad he came down drove past the guy once got a hammer out his boot and the rest is history

Job or not, no half decent parent is gonna sit around and let their kid die. Whether it's their kids fault or not.

That's part of what makes the scam so effective.

The whole idea is to get people in debt, they give credit hoping or rather knowing that the debtor can't pay. A friend of mine no dope no spring chicken either ran up a few grand for sniff with his dealer, he was meant to be selling himself but he was a little over-fond of it himself, but the idea was he would trade himself out of bother since there seemed no sweat about the immediate settlement of the account. One day there was a knock at the door and the dealer who is capable of being a very personable guy has his hand out to be paid. I want my fucking money by tomorrow it slightly south of E10K was the amount, or else you are doing a run for me, it was to a town over 150KM away to do a collection of product. It would have taken a good few runs to pay off the debt and there was a good chance that he would be given to the Guards as a sacrifice with a kilo of garbage, just to keep the show on the road.

Lucky for him he was into furniture and shit and there was a Rolex he had, so he sold what he had at a discount handed over the Rolex and retired from pretending to be a drug dealer. Dealers higher up the chain love debt it gives them expendable warehouse and transport staff and when the police want a bust, a name, a car, a time an address is passed over and everyone is happy apart from the man going to jail, if he has family they have to pay the debt, if not he is going to have big problems in jail. Another friend of mine got done like that and when the dealer turned up with his hand out my friend's father rang a guard he knew and instead of getting help was told bills have to be paid. The galling thing was having to pay for what he was busted for as well as his existing debts.

Beware of dealers bearing credit.