• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Do benzos "kill" the stimulation of amphetamines?

FreedomCalls

Bluelighter
I just took some adderall and my whole thing with stimulants is I love to get wrecked. Like as stimulated as humanly possible...

Do you guys think Benzos will kill off some of this effect? or just help with the anxiety??

A little will take the edge off, enough will put you to sleep/blackout

Benzos will not usually completely eliminate the stimulation from amphetamines. If you have no tolerance to benzos or did not take a large dose of amphetamines though, they might do the trick. The only thing that will truly kill the amphetamine stilimation are D2 antagonists such as quetiapine (Seroquel).

When I would abuse large dose of dex I would take seroquel and fall right to sleep.

Yep, it completely antagonizes the dopaminergic effects and leaves you feeling like a zombie. A complete buzz-kill, literally.

Yep, it completely antagonizes the dopaminergic effects and leaves you feeling like a zombie. A complete buzz-kill, literally.

That is why taking benzodiazepines with stimulants is a waste, unless the idea actually is to counteract the stimulant. There are sedatives and hypnotics which do not do this, but they are not as common as they once were -- like barbiturates and non-barbiturate sedative-hypnotics.. There was more than one manufacturer who made a combination of dextroamphetamine and secobarbitone in a capsule, and a version with three colours of beads in it which also had hyoscine (scopolamine) in it, which was really good to mix with Percs, Vikes, Tylenol With Codeine Nº 4, Emprazil With Codeine Nº 5, and Synalgos DC for pain

Booze and pot are also popular to take with speed, of course. I think that narcotics are better to combine with speed and vice versa, but I think narcotics are better to combine with everything . . .

Taking the downers with C-Jam is popular too, like eight lines of Bolivian Marching Powder and several reds (secobarbitone) which can have an effect of anything from pleasant, aware calm to essentially turning into a werewolf . . . Methylphenidate with methaqualone is a great combination . . .

The only combination I have heard of with benzodiazepines and stimulants are the people who like to take acid with Valium, but not being an acid fancier, I am not sure what the attraction is . . .

Doing amphetamines with barbiturates or meprobamate and other downers is known as a set-up, and these combinations were actually available as diet pills from the 1930s to the early 1980s. Combinations of amphetamine, dextroamphetamine, methamphetamine and a couple of others with meprobamate were big both as diet pills (Appetrol) and less-sleepy versions of meprobamate for daytime sedation, and I think there may have been a diet pill with amphetamine, meth, and meprobamate with sodium bicarbonate in it too; Dexamyl was a very popular diet pill which was dextroamphetamine and amobarbitone, known as Christmas Trees and I think the Eskatrol Jimmy Buffett sings about was dextroamphetamine plus prochlorperazine . . . the bottle of rum with it would make it feel better as the prochlorperazine is a downer but surely not a barbiturate . . .

Last edited:
I agree and disagree at the same time. I take both adderall and xanax. The adderall can really mess up my BP and cause tremors and the xanax really helps that, but I use both at therapeutic doses and not for recreational purposes. But I agree that using both at the same time in order to achieve a high is a waste of medicine.

I just took some adderall and my whole thing with stimulants is I love to get wrecked. Like as stimulated as humanly possible...

Do you guys think Benzos will kill off some of this effect? or just help with the anxiety??

A million percent no. If you take the right dose, it actually increases the euphoria and reduces the negative effects like jitters and anxiety.
In higher doses they will, though.
When I was on amphetamines I'd use 0.5mg Xanax to take away any negative effects, and I'd use 2mg Xanax at night so I could sleep.
Benzo's do not affect dopamine, just GABA. Anyone who says the kill the buzz or high it just taking way too much.

I feel like benzos just even it out for me, but I have a tendency to take too much then it kills the buzz

It depends on how you metabolize medications and why you are on them. A good buddy I was stationed with is prescribed both Adderall and Xanax. He has severe PTSD and always has had ADHD and it truly is the perfect combination for him. I understand that for him it is the opposite though. He is always super mentally active and I believe it just evens him out.

For me, in my younger years I got involved with a bit of the white stuff. Truthfully, the only use for my benzos was for the comedown. Aside from not being the safest combination, from your original post it seems you enjoy the stimulated feeling and just being "up". Benzos really are opposing that idealization in entirety in that they will combat the super uppity feelings your stimulants will give you.

I would say that they are best saved for the comedown rather than mixing the 2. For people with ADHD or similar issues they work well but for people who like the stimulant effect the benzo is pointless and can indeed counteract the "up" feeling you are seeking. Best of luck

I would say that they are best saved for the comedown rather than mixing the 2. For people with ADHD or similar issues they work well but for people who like the stimulant effect the benzo is pointless and can indeed counteract the "up" feeling you are seeking. Best of luck

^ exactly what I was going to say. Use them slowly and safely to come down and go to sleep.

The only enjoyable benzo-y type of meds i enjoy alongside amps are Pregabalin but they arent really benzos persay, but have always taken the edge off of amp stimulation for me personally but benzo + amps are a big nah because they kill both the mental and physical stimulation for me. Benzos are only really good for coming down from amps, and for that they do a terrific job.

When I would abuse large dose of dex I would take seroquel and fall right to sleep.
Seroquel aka quintiapine are probably extremely effective vs amps due to their effects being to entirely block Dopamine/serotonin which thus pretty much knocks most folks out. I dont reccomend higher doses. Ive woken up slurring like a dingdong from them lol.

Stimulants make me feel awful unless I have benzos/extra opioids to take the edge off. I guess if you took too much it might ruin the stims but at a low dose it can make it more enjoyable

Adderall is just weak levo dextro amp combo it will deffinately be killed by benzo and it strains your heart mixing them.

Adderall is just weak levo dextro amp combo it will deffinately be killed by benzo and it strains your heart mixing them.
Reviving an old thread to reply to this..this whole heart strain stuff, if it were so bad Id be dead by now. What you need to avoid is ups and downs when mixing. Persay dont go eat amps, take a benzo and eat amps right after that
Or when i use coke, the speed ball danger can fuck off. When used accordingly and given time to work persay for example using morphine after using crack is fine, as long as you dont touch the crack again for awhile thats fine, if speedballs were dangerous somtbing wouldvr happened to me by now taking heavy opiates and using stims.. the risk is when youre full blow stimmed and go for a downer then go for a stim shortly after, you have to respect each drug, and you can take them without much risk. The safest way to use a downer after using a stim is to use it once youre done dosing stims, example - if youre dosing all day, try not to bother with the stim.
But im thinking this thread leans mkre toward "do benzos kill stimulant edgyness" ofcourse! I actually take Clonazepam somtimes before a high dose amp ( 1hr b4) or ill take a small one during a stim session but, never a normal dose always a small one 1-2mg. But for amphetamines in particular, i enjoy partaking in Pregabalin / gabapentin but if youre gonna try it, know not to take high doses of either mixed w amps because youll end up fucked up if youre not tolerant. I find pregabalin takes the edge off amps VERY well even in low doses (250-500mg) gabapentin can do the same but has more side effects i dont reccomened 300-600mg will do and they take an hr to work so be careful. Also take lower dose benzos with amps because if you take tok much you can blackout or worse.

Last edited:
Also if you consider adderall weak.... i dont know what to say, its not meth with a rushing euphoria, but you take 120mg sublingually and tell me its weak, the stimulation is somtimes stronger than crack cocaine.

Weak i laugh, youre looking at it from a 'high' point of view. It is absolutely not weak.

Stimulants make me feel awful unless I have benzos/extra opioids to take the edge off. I guess if you took too much it might ruin the stims but at a low dose it can make it more enjoyable
The edge. I know this too well now, its an uncomfortable feeling that just urks you huh? I wouldnt waste opiates on amps tho, i take mine when i absolute have to however, they are very effective for that, but you shouldnt get the feeling of taking more and more bcuz opiates lower HR and BP too allowing you to use more, gotta be careful specifically with opiates.

You hit the nail on the head bro.If you get bad anxiety or paranoia from storms you would probably enjoy the mix of benzos and amps