• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Do benzoes/gaba A drugs work almost as well for sociability/disinhibition as gaba -b drugs and how do they compare to speed?

Tieeurrrop

Bluelighter
Speed has been the absolute best in my past experience for sociability but the wiredoutness and insomnia has made me stay away from it for years. I never took downers in social settings but I have read around quite a bit that they can give similar disinhibition to stimulants at the right dose.

I haven't taken anything that comes close to the social push that stims have though I have read a lot that GHB is even better without the crash. Unfortunately I have tried several gaba b drugs now including GHB and every one of them caused some reaction of a constant drip down my throat which was so annoying I don't want to take them again as it ruined the high with this constant discomfort in my windpipe.

I have had benzoes before and don't recall them having particular issues in terms of reactions so I am thinking I could try them again in social settings which I never did in the past as I only used for comedowns.

No lectures about 'you will get addicted and take them every hour of every day'. Of course caution is of utmost importance but I have never ever taken drugs around the clock and have tried benzoes a few times in the past and didn't find them really compulsive and don't see why I would ever want to do that.

I fucking hate alcohol and how toxic it feels from just a few swigs so that is not an option for me.

The benzodiazepines help with the social end of things as long as its use as needed. Gaba B are different, but can help with social situations. For instance, Lyrica is used for SAD in Europe. You can reach the disinhibition you desire w/o overdoing it.