• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Do any Suboxone doctors let you smoke weed?

Yea thankfully my doc is cool, she said I can smoke and said the only reason she will take me off bupe is if I abuse opiates or benzos, she has me on 1.5 klonopin to taper at the moment. She said I can smoke for now and she will never take me off for herb, so I'm smoking. I did have to stand up for myself tho, it was worth it and helps tremendously

Mine was fine with it and even scripted Marinol for when I had no weed. He's very pro-pot.

Are there any doctors in Texas who do not test for weed? I am using suboxone and been clean off all opiates for almost a year. My doctor now tests weed and will release me. I am doing so well and hope I find one in the dallas fort worth area. Any help is appreciated.

My Sub doctor has been extremely lenient with failed drug tests, if I tell them upfront. I have told him the past 3 months or so about my benzo addiction and I think if I fail this fourth test in about 3 weeks he may stop prescribing me subs. It all depends on the strictness of your doctor. I've heard of sub doctors who will cut you off on one failed test. Methadone clinics are notoriously strict about failed tests.

Mine doesn't... I told her upfront on my first appointment that I smoke weed occacionally and she said I couldn't do that on Subs. I've tested positive the past two times I've been(levels were low she said, 1st time she said it could be from second hand smoke, also the 2nd time she said it was low, my level was at a 10 and the cutt-off level is 2...I thought that was a lil' high if cutoff is 2 but what ever) she said my insurance company would kick me off the proggram before they do for dirty pisses?? I thought that sounded kinda fishy since some docotors dont even drug test. So this month I smoked the 1st day of the month, some resin last week(scraped outta the inside of the bowl where you put the weed then the actual bowl the next day. Yesterday I had 4-6 hits off a bong. It's low quality but(like blunt weed) but I hope it dsn't pop up again...thats not very much at all. And I was gonna try to get some benzo's prescribed...If I can't do either I'm still on a box from Febuary so fuck it, I'll keep poppin dirtys till i kicked out and go on methadone(where I know for a fact there not uptight about weed at that clinic if it pops up every now and again)

The physicians are pushed by the DEA to test, but the DEA can't see our test results, just blinded to be sure the dr tests. That said, I smoke weed, my sub doc knows. She couldn't care much less. Never been an issue after I said, "No, I won't quit weed".

I wish it were that easy for everyone else. It came down to trust and an understanding that weed helps me & is legal for me to consume in my state of residence.

Not much hr content. Let's see: HR - try as much as possible to be honest with all your docs, trust and time may resolve many issues of bupe therapy you don't like. Independent docs, not part of clinics are easier to "get through to".

Best

I have had a few doctors that were dicks about it and then I found my last doc.
I remember him saying "I don't give a shit about pot", but then he went on vacation and the doctor that was filling in had a hard on for my test.
I'm glad it happened as it gave me the push to get off them, but at the time it was major drama in my case as my test dictated my insurance coverage.
I was paying $400 a month for years and it wasn't until I started getting them under my insurance that I quit, sad but true.

Hello, My son is looking for a suboxone Dr. In Columbus Ohio, or the surrounding area that does not test for weed on the Suboxone program? Or will allow him to do both.

LOL you americans have it bad. Here in the UK they rightly don't give a fuck. My methadone/suboxone clinic drug testing has never even tested for weed, let alone forbidden it. My last consultant actually actively encouraged vaping it since it's the single best alternative to opioids for pain relief, specifically nerve pain, so I feel bad that it's not so common for doctors to be enlightened across the pond. I understand the thinking behind getting away from all psychoactive drugs but that's not an approach I would ever subscribe to.

my suboxone doctor lets me basically do any drug except opiates. Lately I've been struggling crack and every week when i see her Im like yea so i smoked again and all she really says is you gotta stop doing that. Every week its the same, and for your question the other guy in my group (all patients this doctor sees that she has on suboxone also has to do a 1hr group after talking to her) so the guy in my group smokes weed a lot and she hasn't kicked either of us off her sub treatment so yea.

Ask. If not OK, store a few gallons of your current urine or use fake piss for tests.

When I was on sub my doctor told me I could smoke all the weed I wanted and he didn't care :)

He was really cool with me as long as I was honest about other substances.
Sad when I hear that other doctors kick people out of a program for smoking weed.. it's absurd to me, they should use better judgement.

Weed never killed anyone and It sure as hell isn't going to start tomorrow.

If you have to choose between a plant that relieves your pain and exists without any big corp., monetary kickbacks, physically addictive qualities, ect. Or a drug that has all of those and is given by drug dealers with medical certificates and 200+ patients - I'd say go for the plant. Of course they said you're an addict. I was on 6 norcos a day andi was really hurt from a breakup; he put me on 16mg of suboxone and when I reported feeling like oi was so high and groggy I couldn't function he told mei was lying.

Let's just say, I walked in there as someone who needed to cit back the pills and talk to someone. I came out with a tolerance that led me to heroin in order to get high.

GET OFF THE SUbS and run away fast. It will take a while to be able to use lower level pain mess but you can smoke and look into needs that use different receptors.

Option 2: trust me, sub docs don't want you to tell the truth. They want you to stay low liability and low maintenance. You could get clean and save your pee (with sub) or get it from someone else. Then, you could hypothetically tell your doc you live far away or you travel for work and need set testing or prior notice. Works for me. Oh and, MAKE SURE you're super good to the receptionist and office staff. I bring them cookies and remember thier names and they always seem to forget to drug test me.

Last option? I know a fairy that brings it to people's houses.

But really. ... just get off it now.

Cheers

my suboxone doctor lets me basically do any drug except opiates. Lately I've been struggling crack and every week when i see her Im like yea so i smoked again and all she really says is you gotta stop doing that. Every week its the same, and for your question the other guy in my group (all patients this doctor sees that she has on suboxone also has to do a 1hr group after talking to her) so the guy in my group smokes weed a lot and she hasn't kicked either of us off her sub treatment so yea.

As I said, they don't really care. They just want you to bring in thier kickback and not risk their license.

In a weed legal state, yes. But it was a major issue b/f I got my medical card. Still, I said it was non-negotiable and the sole reason I wanted to switch to suboxone from methadone. I was her first patient she inducted. She got her license to prescribe bupe for me, not planning to become a "sub doctor." Now she thanks me for that journey we took together. She also has seen me at times when I couldn't smoke (various reasons three times for short periods) and saw that I was no different in her observation when I did or didn't smoke.

Fortunate, I guess. I still get UAd as required, but the positive thc she just says,"yep, as expected" and we say no more.

Edit: protect my physicians identity. Could be any of several states we're in. I use VPN...