• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

do ANY bl'ers like hockey?!

unfortunately i agree with abraxus. though i think if the bluejackets stay healthy next season and bond well as a team over the off season (though they've already become a great team) they have every ability to make the playoffs next season. theyve got youth, talent, and chemistry, but as a team theyve still got to get a little more experience... but im still hopin they fuck some shit up hehehehe.

and smotpoker... after a couple games of watching (or playing on your favorite console hehehehe) you pick up on the rules real fast. its surprisingly easier than MOST sports in my opinion. the rules are pretty cut and dry. plus i let me tell you about watching games while high... some of the shit they do on ice makes my compass point north.

I thought I posted an NHL thread like, 2 years ago. :p

GO BLUES!!!!

(yes, I know they suck. STFUBBQ)

hehehe... whatever.

oh and sad news for YOU! i have to NOT root for the blues... just because they're in the same division as my team hehehehe. but they're doing so shitty this year that i actually pity-root for them.

see!??! i let this out of my site and it just gets away.

have you people any decency!? :p

and btw, lapdawg:

a.) whats up man? hope to see you in july-ish again... good times will be had! :)
b.) youre right about the full experience of going to a game. unless you smoke MJ cause then you can REALLY get into it. its the smoothest most flowing sport there is, IMO. not that you cant get into it without smokin or something hehehe, but when i smoke (hypothetically of course ;)) i certainly watch in amazement.

Abraxus said:
Big time Flyers fan here. I truly believe that this is the year that there will be a parade down Broad Street, as long as they get and stay healthy.

Same here!

i get to go see a Red Wings vs LA Kings game this week! :D I'm sooo excited!

^^^ BITCH! :)

i used to HATE the red wings cause i wrote em a letter and everything and sent em cards hoping they would autograph em (i was young! hehe) and they kept my cards and sent me back a form letter that said something about how thats not where they should be sent and blah blah blah and for further questions contact them at "whatever" address. im just like "WTF!? at least give me back my cards!" so i hated em.

now i root for them again, BUT ONLY when im not rooting for the blue jackets. the red wings just happen to be a deep team, with alot of heart and talent. and their players are all very humble and for the most part, always have been. :)

#1 blue jackets
#2 red wings
#3 flyers

oh and to all you flyers fans. i have an autographed eric desjardin puck. :) it rocks.

Huge Senators fan. Got the Centre Ice package for the satalite dish, so I get just about every single televised game in the league. Up to ten games a night.

I played for 26 years...gave it up this year. Going for my fourth knee surgery in December. Being a goalie is hard on the knees...

That sucks... I enjoy playing goalie when I can rent the gear... That isn't often though.

I prefer pond hockey to organized though :p

The Devils have had a good run the last decade or so. The Caps on the other hand, well, haven't been so good. But Ovechkin is an amazing talent. If the Caps could get some talent around him, watch out. Look at the Penguins. Now that Crosby has some talent, the team is doing great. Jordan Staal has been a great surprise. I actually got to golf with the Staal brothers and other NHL'ers from Thunder Bay this summer in a charity golf event. It was great.

Are any of you guys familiar with Scott Ferrall? He used to call games (I think) for the Penguins or maybe the Flyers?

ryanlaughlin said:
i mean wtf... i havent really been on BL for a while... but theres ALWAYS an 'official' thread for MLB, NBA, NFL, NCAA basketball, college football, shitty stuff like that... but where the F'n shit is the nhl thread ever!? i figured being a bunch of white supremecists that you people are you would LOVE hockey.

i have nothing to add to this discusion other than i saw the thread title and thought "hmm, ryan must have started this"