• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Do Americans ever feel cheated by their drug laws?

Always strategising @Wilson Wilson building up the trust to execute his Opi plan at a time of his choosing ????. Yeah that loophole was a head scratcher wasn’t it. You could replicate your given monthly script of DHC’s in a few clicks.

Always strategising @Wilson Wilson building up the trust to execute his Opi plan at a time of his choosing ????. Yeah that loophole was a head scratcher wasn’t it. You could replicate your given monthly script of DHC’s in a few clicks.

Haha gotta lay that groundwork as Americans say on telly ;)

I honestly can't believe it kept going for so bloody long! And the only reason it's even closed now is because the media drew attention to it.

and that England had always been one of those countries that was very difficult to get opiates for pain in, even before the US started cracking down on scripts.

Nope.

The UK had till the late 1970's legal heroin & it was only stopped from being given out by the NHS because of the USA (Thanks Uncle Sam)
A very small few bits of London still do it though to terminal addicts but it comes as diamorphine & to a lot of junkies raised on #3 from the street the high is "too clean"

Nope.

The UK had till the late 1970's legal heroin & it was only stopped from being given out by the NHS because of the USA (Thanks Uncle Sam)
A very small few bits of London still do it though to terminal addicts but it comes as diamorphine & to a lot of junkies raised on #3 from the street the high is "too clean"

Don't forget diamorphine is used in all NHS hospitals as a painkiller usually for palliative care too. Basically if you are old and in your last days they will just give you pharma heroin in the hospital to keep you comfortable. Outpatient they used to use diamorphine tablets but these days they use oral morphine.

I also learned the poor farmers in the tribal Afghan areas do a far better job that any big Pharma that the NHS uses.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge should be the national anthem for North-West Pakistan & just over the border, they would understand all too well.

I think we are getting something wrong here:

Cannabis will never, EVER, become legal by the Federal government.

And is beyond Federal Government control. The United Nations is behind all this prohibition laws (well to be honest US did make some ruling about narcotics and cannabis) that's why every Nation-State that want to be in the United Nations most accepted this prohibition laws. There no Nation-State that have Cannabis less than
schedule 1. Some Nation-State do have modified the Cannabis intervention and punishment (some places put only a fine if it was your first time and have less than X grams) so that the Cannabis problem don't do more damage that it all ready cause. In Amsterdam drug are not legal as many people believe, is just that they lax the prohibition laws. You can still face law confrontation if you have more of X gram the State allow for personal use and have very strict fines and even jail time to cannabis coffee shop owners that sells more that they suppose.

The prohibition laws are a very sticky situation, until today the United Nations have show no interest in stoping the War On Drugs even if other autonomous entities in the Organization have claimed that prohibition have only aggravate the black market and side effects as violence, narc-states and making way for more dangerous drugs as substitute.

Finally to talk about my contry, I live in Puerto Rico and if you might know or not, we are a US territory since US invasion in the last century. We share too the Federal government with an quasi state (we are not a State nor sovereign) but we mostly have the same laws as others States. Since about 2-3 years ago the government legalized cannabis for medical purposes. The stupid thing about it is that sometimes a Police if he stop you and you have more that 6 grams (that you legally purchase and you have a limit of 45 grams) they can press charges for intention of selling, some judge will drop the case but some don't. You can get no less that 7 years of prison for possession only (some people have been put to jail for just a blunt). And if you're caught with hard drugs you definitely will have a bad time.

The UN has in fact shown interest in removing cannabis from the most restrictive schedule. The CND received the recommendation from the expert committee, and the vote was put off only because Russia and Japan are being assholes about it. This was earlier this year, it's ongoing.

Meanwhile, the feds can explicitly outlaw interference with state measures. They can pull a Bolivia, quit the treaty, and rejoin with provisions that they don't want to do something in particular (for Bolivia, Coca leaf use). And there's really nothing they can actually do if the US decides they just want to flat out ignore the Single Convention, other countries are currently ignoring parts of the treaty and they're far less powerful. There's also the possibility that they could opt out by declaring it a humans rights concern.

The Single Convention is something for drug warriors to whine about, not something that would actually stop it if we had the votes.

---
For the original question in the thread, US drug laws are complete and utter bullshit, and I take every opportunity to argue this point with whoever brings it up. Legalization of all drugs is the best way to minimize the harm caused to both users and 3rd parties.

And is beyond Federal Government control. The United Nations is behind all this prohibition laws (well to be honest US did make some ruling about narcotics and cannabis) that's why every Nation-State that want to be in the United Nations most accepted this prohibition laws.

Let's not forget though that it was the US that pushed the UN into this policy to begin with.

But clearly the UN isn't enforcing this very strongly otherwise how has Canada legalised cannabis for recreational use nationwide?

The UN has actually recently come out in favour of decriminalisation of all drugs Portugal style as well don't forget.

Unfair? Americans will have recreational weed legal before we even finish legislation for medicinal purposes 😂
They’re doing alright

And is beyond Federal Government control. The United Nations is behind all this prohibition laws (well to be honest US did make some ruling about narcotics and cannabis) that's why every Nation-State that want to be in the United Nations most accepted this prohibition laws. There no Nation-State that have Cannabis less than schedule 1.

I knew I was hallucinating when I saw that weed shop down the street selling weed in containers with health warnings and "Duty Paid" stickers on them and I knew that government-run online weed dispensary was fake and man those weed stocks listed on the TSX I bought last year were a total phishing scam. :unsure: