• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Do All Barbiturates Reduce Methadone's Effectiveness

muie

Bluelighter
Hello! While barbiturates are certainly harder to get if not impossible I can get amobarbital on occasion from a certain country that shall remain nameless.

Phenobarbital is known to decrease methadone's effects, IME while on a double dose of MMT 205mg/day so 410mg I also dosed along with my clonazepam 100mg phenobarbital and to my surprise not only did I not feel the effects of either drugs even at the peak after 4hrs I felt like I hadn't taken my methadone for a while kind of like being in the early phases of withdraws. I ended up staying awake for 24hrs+

I also remember having taken amobarbital 10hrs+ after methadone and another time before methadone, not knowing I would be getting any I took 100mg amobarbital then about 2hrs later when my methadone dose came I took it instead of waiting. I still fell asleep even though I fought it but that was the target as I was in a lot of pain and wasn't sleeping much so didn't really mind it, but this was once or twice and I wasn't using methadone for treatment.

Do all barbiturates reduce methadone's effectiveness?

Could anyone speculate?