View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT stability in crystal form vs dissolved in VG/PG

Mel22

Bluelight Crew
So I have 500mg of DMT crystal, and another 500mg that has been dissolved into a mix of propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin.

Can anyone advise re: the stability pls? I am very dumb.

Thx m8s.

Generally tryptamines, especially freebase tryptamines, will degrade faster in liquid than in solid form, but in this case unless you're trying to store the liquid for years, I wouldn't be too concerned. The best storage conditions for both is in a glass vial, in the freezer. Whenever you remove the solid crystals from the freezer, make sure to let it warm up to room temperature before opening the vial, to prevent moisture from condensing on the DMT due to the temperature differential.

Those DMT vape pens sound like some of the coolest things ever. Are you able to put Propylene Glycol in the freezer. I never had a reason to do that before because I always just used it for benzos and ran through them. But if I had the Tryptamine I would definetly wanna keep it frozen if wanted to store it like 10 years right.

Does PG cause it to degrade faster?

This sounds like a really foolproof method for vaping the stuff. And it's so portable and easy to disguise, etc

I actually have no idea how it fares in PG, it may very well be that it preserves it better than water/alcohol. Well, certainly better than water.

I have several grams of freebase DMT stored in sealed amber glass vials in the freezer with no noticeable loss in potency so I can attest to using that method for storage. I haven’t tried storing DMT in PG in the freezer but it seemed to last for awhile at room temp and still worked ok.

I had less success with dissolving the DMT into 0mg vape juice and using a typical sub ohm vape tank (Uwell crown 4 was the one I used initially) - they tend to leak no matter the precautions I took and the DMT tended to clog up the coils after awhile. Trying to get the juice out of the tank to save it was a huge pain in the ass.

I ended up buying a Humboldt Vape Tech Sequoia Top Air flow titanium bucket atomizer - its a titanium bucket with a ceramic donut coil underneath. The top air flow prevents any leakage and it’s incredibly efficient. I worked up to 35mg as being my breakthrough dose and the fact that you can precisely dose the DMT is a huge plus. It’s bulletproof so dropping it while blasting off solo isn’t a problem. It’s honestly one of the best purchases I’ve made in a long time.

That being said using vape juice in a tank absolutely works and it’s certainly more portable and less likely to arouse suspicion, but if you can get the Sequoia where you live I don’t think you will regret it.

Generally tryptamines, especially freebase tryptamines, will degrade faster in liquid than in solid form, but in this case unless you're trying to store the liquid for years, I wouldn't be too concerned. The best storage conditions for both is in a glass vial, in the freezer. Whenever you remove the solid crystals from the freezer, make sure to let it warm up to room temperature before opening the vial, to prevent moisture from condensing on the DMT due to the temperature differential.

Ty XORK, I'll def store the crystal just as you said.

Those DMT vape pens sound like some of the coolest things ever. Are you able to put Propylene Glycol in the freezer. I never had a reason to do that before because I always just used it for benzos and ran through them. But if I had the Tryptamine I would definetly wanna keep it frozen if wanted to store it like 10 years right.

Does PG cause it to degrade faster?

This sounds like a really foolproof method for vaping the stuff. And it's so portable and easy to disguise, etc

Vaping it is so awesome. I just sat down, took half a nice big drag, held, exhaled, and cya l8r. Super easy and not at all harsh. Both PG/VG can be stored in the freezer.

I have several grams of freebase DMT stored in sealed amber glass vials in the freezer with no noticeable loss in potency so I can attest to using that method for storage. I haven’t tried storing DMT in PG in the freezer but it seemed to last for awhile at room temp and still worked ok.

I had less success with dissolving the DMT into 0mg vape juice and using a typical sub ohm vape tank (Uwell crown 4 was the one I used initially) - they tend to leak no matter the precautions I took and the DMT tended to clog up the coils after awhile. Trying to get the juice out of the tank to save it was a huge pain in the ass.

I ended up buying a Humboldt Vape Tech Sequoia Top Air flow titanium bucket atomizer - its a titanium bucket with a ceramic donut coil underneath. The top air flow prevents any leakage and it’s incredibly efficient. I worked up to 35mg as being my breakthrough dose and the fact that you can precisely dose the DMT is a huge plus. It’s bulletproof so dropping it while blasting off solo isn’t a problem. It’s honestly one of the best purchases I’ve made in a long time.

That being said using vape juice in a tank absolutely works and it’s certainly more portable and less likely to arouse suspicion, but if you can get the Sequoia where you live I don’t think you will regret it.

How long would you say was "a while" stored at room temp? I have 500mg dissolved into .75ml of VG/PG, and it's sitting in a sub ohm tank. I might store it in the fridge and do what I can to convince as many of my friends as possible that they should really do DMT so at least a bit of it actually gets used.

The coil clogging would be a huge pain in the arse, and the tank leaking would be shit too. Motherfuck. I wonder if keeping it in the fridge would likely help, hurt, or neither re: clogging and leaking...any ideas chums? Both PG and VG are hygroscopic I think, and the tank is obviously not even close to air tight, so maybe just a cool, dark spot is best?

Ty for the atomizer suggestion - I've googled and it looks perfect.

Last edited:
I moved away from using the sub ohm tank pretty quickly and it was about a year ago that I got the Sequoia and many many blastoffs may be making my memory a little hazy but I would say I kept it at room temp for about a month before the leaking/clogging issue reared it’s head and had me looking for a different solution. I didn’t notice any serious loss of potency but I also had 7+ grams from an extraction and wasn’t exactly terribly worried about wasting it. I should also note that before I had the issues it worked great and took a bunch of friends on their first journey to hyperspace and there are tons of forum users who swear by the method. It absolutely works.

Since I’ve never tried it I don’t want to throw shade on your current method - keeping it in the fridge could be the best way to go about it. My guess would be a cool dark place would probably be best for storage and prevent the clogging issue but without trying it I’m 100% guessing here.

If you have the means to get the Sequoia I can’t recommend it enough. Every friend I’ve had try it that has experience with using a GVG, Machine, or meth pipe afterwards comes to the same conclusion that it’s the most idiot proof way to vape spice. It’s basically indestructible so there’s no fear of dropping it and creating a serious or messy problem for yourself during the journey. I have a temp control mod set at 28w & 420 degrees F, take the top off and fire it for two seconds to make sure the spice has melted, put the top on and then hold down for 6-8 seconds at a time as many times as you can before reality dissolves. You can hardly tell the spice was ever in there at all and a quick swab of a q-tip with a little bit of alcohol on it and it’s ready for the next person. You can even load up a few hundred mg and pass it around a group since there’s nowhere for it to go once it’s in there. I’ll never go back to any of the other methods again.