View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT Extraction (Archived Scraps)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some months ago I made a big pot of Mimosa tea using plain water and the juice from a couple lemons. After holding an ayahuasca circle I dried out the rest of the mimosa until I had little rock-like red things. Some time later, I was looking over this forum, and I thought I would try an experiment. I crushed up a few mimosa rocks and mixed them with water which I heated slowly. I then added enough baking soda until the mixture foamed and turned grey, and stirred in 25 ml naptha. I let the mixture sit over night and siphoned off the naptha which was reddish. This evaporated leaving a dark orange film.

After having smoked a few weighed doses I decided the stuff must be around 80 percent as pure as DMT extracted using the QT tech which is not really a problem for me considering that the impurities are from the plant material. I am sure I ended up with a relatively low yield compared to may techs, but I wanted to see if I could avoid using something toxic as a base.

Last edited:
well, there already was vinegar to replace the pool acid, but I don't think that baking soda will cut it. It can't get the PH as high as you would need to get a good percentage of the alkaloids.

It wouldn't matter if it was just 30 percent (actually I think it is just 30 percent)... the bark hardly costs anything. And the method I used takes no time at all (1 day). DPT is very easy to base with baking soda also and with the soda method it takes 10 minutes versus hours for most of the techs.... But whatever, I'm just saying that I got a very decent smokable product, harder to break through on than pure dmt, but just as easy as dmt extracted with lye and then left unwashed (and horribly harsh).... and that it was using a method that was workable in a tiny city apartment.

Last edited:
i personally would only smoke the purest DMT I could get. even if it was 80% DMT, that means that there is 20% crap that I wouldn't want in my lungs.

i don't mean to be an ass here... but after reading this thread i was looking all over the place for soma's extraction recipe/guide and couldn't find it... if somebody could just post a link, i would <3 you forever.

google soma's extraction guide, or something like that and you'll find it. that's how i did.

Quick question on Basifying and recrystalizing DMT

I know there's a Big and Dandy thread, but it's hard to decipher all the information I exactly need.
First question: When basifying the DMT, after defatting, are there other things aside from Lye (Red Devil drain cleaner), I could use that could get the pH up to where I need it? Would Baking Soda work, or COMET?
The Lye, I'm having a lot of trouble finding. So if I have to use it, what other things have it?

Second question: QT's extraction, doesn't mention recrystalization. Now, I've combined QT's extraction, as a basic guideline, while adjusting it to tips that other people have said to do and not to do.

However, what are the steps to recrystalization, after I am done? That's it. Thanks.

Do I have to use Lye to basify DMT?

Do I have to use Lye to basify DMT? I didn't get a response on a long drawn out thread. Can I use COMET, a household cleaner to safely basify DMT?
Also, what things have Lye if I have to use it.
Thanks.

sorry. No one was reading up on the question, and I'm just looking for answers. I figured a new thread would more likely be read than a reply. So does anyone have anything to help me? Sorry, thanks.

Hmmm, I believe baking soda or ANYTHING with a high PH would work. I haven't done the extrction myself bt was planning to and was planning to use calcium hydroxide as the alkaline....

Anyone wont to but in and complain???!

So, would COMET, the household cleaner be "safe" to use, or what other things could I use? Thanks.

comet has a buncha stuff in it...
why can't you get pure lye (NaOH) at the hardware store in the drain-cleaner section?

it basically just shows at what pH DMT ionizes at. for reference, have a pH between 4-6 when extracting and a pH of 10-12 when washing.

Crude DMT extraction

Is it possible to crudely extract DMT using a polar and non-polar solvent like naphta and isopropyl alcohol?

Yes, if you use them sequentially, like in an acid base extraction, though water would be a better polar solvent.

But if you just chuck them in together your extract wont be potent enough.

I don't think I'll get lye or muriatic acid in the UK easily... which is why I was thinking of just washing with naphta and then extracting with iso.

I don't think water would work as the boiling point is too high and DMT would break down and it would take too long to evapourate.

Status
Not open for further replies.