• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DMT breakthrough to the other side. Depression gone.

Opi_Kid_Rock

Bluelighter
I cannot believe that I'm back in this dimension...where the heck was I? It was such an occult dimension of reality and it was bordering on it being too intense but there was nothing I could do about it. Then it was over, things started to come back into focus and my Iphone looked so fake for a little while and here I am back in this dimension that we all know. I heard DMT was good for treating depression; I do feel less depressed and areas of my brain are less throbbing. I have no idea what I can take away from this experience that was almost TOO intense. I was thinking that I don't know if I can ever do it again and that one time is enough for me holy crap. Anyone with feedback on this experience would be nice. Is DMT a dark drug with a dark underground? Can't be. Trying to make sense of it all. I felt a little guilty for experiencing the trip for some reason, like I was doing something that felt taboo...but taboo to whom?

Last edited:
The chemicals in my brain feel like they have been rebalanced or regenerated where I don’t feel depressed which I describe as feeling “brain-sick.” There is no desire for me to dose on a substance to try to get what is often temporary relief from that “brain-sickness.” I’m very grateful.

Ever smoked dmt and wound up in a different colored house with different model car and shit outside?

Ever smoked dmt and wound up in a different colored house with different model car and shit outside?

During or after? Lol.

Yup DMT is one of a kind. What did the batch look like OP? Was it pure white/clear or had some color to it? Impurities can have the experience sometimes feel rough or dark compared to more pure DMT.

All DMT will have a positive effect on depression but the less pure stuff is just a rougher ride to get there IMO.

-GC

During or after? Lol.

Yup DMT is one of a kind. What did the batch look like OP? Was it pure white/clear or had some color to it? Impurities can have the experience sometimes feel rough or dark compared to more pure DMT.

All DMT will have a positive effect on depression but the less pure stuff is just a rougher ride to get there IMO.

-GC
That’s really interesting about the colour and batch type that you mention. It wasn’t clear but looked tan or light brown in colour. Cheers.

During or after? Lol.

-GC
After

Would you mind describing more of the actual experience and your break through?
I know there's a ton of reports and I read my share of them over at erowid but I like the dialogue and every excperience is unique.
I am seriously considering DMT in the near future - the relevant plant, mimosa hostilis is available plenty and cheap, just needa extract - for lingering depressions which keep me using chemicals to forget / push away things, as well as so called spiritual growth and of course pure curiosity. Was wary of psychedelics for many years but seems like the numbers say primarily that psychedelics, when not done in an absolutely reckless way and setting, see, to be among the safest of not just the more potent but all drugs in general. Weed has some link to schizophrenia/psychosis but afaik they failed to find similar for the 5ht2a agonists, so they might be safe even for people with some mental issues or specially able to help those. I don't speak about full on psychosis here but also I believe many people have a wrong idea of what psychosis is, and this includes doctors. For to extend my thesis and knowledge on this topic I'm always also interested in the negative reports but really for DMT they are remarkably few given how intense it must be.

Would be just too nice if I could not just see the fairies but also get rid of depression. Something inside me finds another explanation for why people seem to be cured after a strong psychedelic trip - in particular that psychedelics would show one that life is more important than we think, in that some religious stuff like eternal suffering or karma and whatnot might be indeed real and the trip shows people stuff which is just beyond words or that it to tell others loses its importance in comparison to the task of fixing each one's individual life as not to accumulate more karma shit but that's just my generalized anxiety disorders, I don't fully believe this (or I wouldn't really considering doing DMT)...

I felt a little guilty for experiencing the trip for some reason, like I was doing something that felt taboo...but taboo to whom?

Everyone. We know what you did.

Glad you're feeling less depressed.

Was wary of psychedelics for many years but seems like the numbers say primarily that psychedelics, when not done in an absolutely reckless way and setting, see, to be among the safest of not just the more potent but all drugs in general. Weed has some link to schizophrenia/psychosis but afaik they failed to find similar for the 5ht2a agonists, so they might be safe even for people with some mental issues or specially able to help those. I don't speak about full on psychosis here but also I believe many people have a wrong idea of what psychosis is, and this includes doctors. For to extend my thesis and knowledge on this topic I'm always also interested in the negative reports but really for DMT they are remarkably few given how intense it must be.

I have mental issues and have experienced full-blown psychosis and have used psychedelics extensively and have used psychedelics until I pushed myself into psychosis and have used psychedelics while psychotic to help myself think more clearly. Psychedelics really aren't much to be afraid of if you use them right, though they do have some risks.

Would be just too nice if I could not just see the fairies but also get rid of depression. Something inside me finds another explanation for why people seem to be cured after a strong psychedelic trip - in particular that psychedelics would show one that life is more important than we think, in that some religious stuff like eternal suffering or karma and whatnot might be indeed real and the trip shows people stuff which is just beyond words or that it to tell others loses its importance in comparison to the task of fixing each one's individual life as not to accumulate more karma shit but that's just my generalized anxiety disorders, I don't fully believe this (or I wouldn't really considering doing DMT)...

For what it's worth, I have experienced those things and still don't think that that's how reality actually works, aside from in the human mind. I still feel great every time I trip and consider psychedelics to have radically helped me through my depression and anxiety throughout life. I don't think psychedelics actually have to leave you with any sort of complex insight to feel healing, though they certainly can do that as well. For me it's actually usually the simple things that I feel they really help me reconnect to; they remind me what it's like to feel connected to life in a more directly appreciative way, which I need from time to time.

Yeah, reconnection is a good term. Actually I experienced similar yet very different stuff in the honeymoon phase of dissociatives (before I became addicted to them, which was very destructive somehow, yet also involved opioids - I still feel dissociatives as something with great potential for therapeutic effects - just like any powerful tool they deserve great caution as well). This was actually what I consider the best time of my life so far, and lasted for longer than you'd think - several years of only sporadic use - then I caught a weird reaction to weird stuff which was supposed to be methoxetamine but wasn't (happened soon after they banned MXE. Once again shows that bans just fail.) and my first and long term gf abandoned me from one day to the other - then I turned into daily use and when I realized that I'll be sooner or later left out alone when the authorities decide to ban the arylcyclohexylamines what they eventually did back in Switzerland, I visited the local addiction counseling center and got into methadone maintenance (first bupe, then metha, then morphine). I can't decouple it but if you ask me the opioids did greater harm than the dissociatives would have, Besides these weird and tragic toxicity we see currently with illicit ketamine, there isn't so much actual danger and I found dissociatives alone to be self-regulating, they become too weird and out of it when used continuously so I never slipped into dangerous use until the opioids numbed my mind. Also did some really bad decisions while on opioids, sth I never did with dissos alone. But of course the odds are against me.

Eventually I developed schizophrenia mimetic symptoms, most pronounced a weird ass phenomenon I can only describe as a second stream of thought in my own head - unlike what real schizos experience, did I always know that stuff wasn't real and originating from wherever I wanted to believe but for sure not some person hiding, tl;dr no paranoia present so not fulfilling schizo. There's a bunch of qualified papers out there which state dissociatives are mimicking schizophrenia and their use leads to it, this was mostly based on PCP and I'd say to be experienced enough to seriously doubt anything more than superficial similarities. But, of course, it is worrying and contributed to me ceasing RCs altogether for longer. With the exception of some 1cP-LSD I got offered in the tail end of my disso use and there was no potentiation or trigger of psychotic features at all, not more than a similar dose under similar circumstances would have had before. Specifically not more, if anyhing then less of the symptoms I had, and crisp, very complex and colorful visuals. Upon cessation of disso use the psychosis subsided to a residual level and stepped down more when I reduced the morphine. Can't help me but believing that opioids were a crucial factor for me developing this weird shit.

I'm still not fully away from opioids, less cause of withdrawal than just pain of existence, and the S/NRIs pooped out long ago, I'm just taking 20-40mg fluoxetine every other day because I'm addicted to it or better my body is. I don't get any benefits besides a pretty dirty stimulation when I take 60mg at once (this is unrelated to the SSRI effect and stems from 5ht2c antagonism probably).. the SSRI use made tripping on shrooms impossible, I was very surprised by the LSD unveiling its full beauty despite the antidepressant so I have good hopes for DMT also not to care abut this and potentially even helping to regenerate natural serotonergic activity. Either the SSRIs or then my combined abuse of serotonergic substances (mostly DXM, but also MXE is a serotonergic and DCK probably as well) have caused my neurons to switch to a level of tolerance to 5-HT which makes quitting unbearable but as antidepressants are said to work through neurogenesis and psychedelics induce a shitload of growth factors and new connections between neurons, so who knows, maybe it helps. The LSD took like 3-4h for full effects, dunno whether this is normal or the result of some repair being done. I felt pretty content and alive afterwards but was in such a bad situation in RL that I didn't get lasting benefits (which I suspect to come more from the switches in life and lifestyle, habits in mind and real world, etc than from some 'magic' of the psy'delics - the magic is the trip itself, which is only a reflection of yourself I guess, as psy'delics are nothing more than a key which presses 5ht2a in the brain..

Began reading the book from this doc who conducted clinical studies with DMT and voluntary probands. The most remarkable facts maybe are that not a single negative or 'bad' experience happened when the people felt safe b/c of doctors around and the drug being legal and pure (many were already experienced with other psychedelics though). And that the doc had to accept that he couldn't explain nothing of the trip, of which the majority of people said it felt more real than the real life - this is what I lack, a feeling for the joy of life, it's just a boring stupid dull copy of a copy and the only real thing is the pain of existence. Ok, that's an oversimplification.

What just caught my attention: Can you explain more about said guiltyness for tripping? I got this too, with psychedelics and weed, with dissociatives sometimes after they had worn off but in a different sense. What's that? Would it also happen when there wasn't this social stigma around drug use and the fact that most have only limited possibilities to share and speak about their experiences in real life, etc.

Sorry for wall of text, I'm distracting myself with writing maybe.
Only person I know in RL who also interested in psychedelics says that DMT cured her suicidality one and for all. times so far (one if not multiple years). Stopped habitually using other drugs too.

Still, the little devil inside my head tells me that I don't really wanna know what DMT will show me and that I'll regret having taken it....

Yeah, reconnection is a good term. Actually I experienced similar yet very different stuff in the honeymoon phase of dissociatives (before I became addicted to them, which was very destructive somehow, yet also involved opioids - I still feel dissociatives as something with great potential for therapeutic effects - just like any powerful tool they deserve great caution as well). This was actually what I consider the best time of my life so far, and lasted for longer than you'd think - several years of only sporadic use - then I caught a weird reaction to weird stuff which was supposed to be methoxetamine but wasn't (happened soon after they banned MXE. Once again shows that bans just fail.) and my first and long term gf abandoned me from one day to the other - then I turned into daily use and when I realized that I'll be sooner or later left out alone when the authorities decide to ban the arylcyclohexylamines what they eventually did back in Switzerland, I visited the local addiction counseling center and got into methadone maintenance (first bupe, then metha, then morphine). I can't decouple it but if you ask me the opioids did greater harm than the dissociatives would have, Besides these weird and tragic toxicity we see currently with illicit ketamine, there isn't so much actual danger and I found dissociatives alone to be self-regulating, they become too weird and out of it when used continuously so I never slipped into dangerous use until the opioids numbed my mind. Also did some really bad decisions while on opioids, sth I never did with dissos alone. But of course the odds are against me.

I think I would rather be addicted to dissociatives than opioids but am very glad to not be addicted to either. Aside from things like the unpredictable bladder damage potentials of arylcyclohexylamines, dissociatives do seem relatively benign in general, but yeah, push too far and you'll definitely go crazy. It's why they make such great study drugs as you referenced below.

I also think that dissociatives have a lot of potential to do good, and I do see the comparisons to psychedelics too, though over time I've come to think that their most useful aspects for me at least are different than the things that make psychedelics seem useful to me. My favorite dissociatives are the ones that feel to me like they're therapeutic in a similar way to using alcohol in a social setting but with everything about dissociatives that makes them far better than alcohol, though I barely ever actually got to use those; most of the time my options were DXM, mematine, and nitrous oxide, the last of which does hold a special place in my heart in its own way, though I don't really use it anymore either and did feel like I was pushing it sometimes, though certainly not compared to some people I knew who were using it heavily.

Eventually I developed schizophrenia mimetic symptoms, most pronounced a weird ass phenomenon I can only describe as a second stream of thought in my own head - unlike what real schizos experience, did I always know that stuff wasn't real and originating from wherever I wanted to believe but for sure not some person hiding, tl;dr no paranoia present so not fulfilling schizo. There's a bunch of qualified papers out there which state dissociatives are mimicking schizophrenia and their use leads to it, this was mostly based on PCP and I'd say to be experienced enough to seriously doubt anything more than superficial similarities. But, of course, it is worrying and contributed to me ceasing RCs altogether for longer. With the exception of some 1cP-LSD I got offered in the tail end of my disso use and there was no potentiation or trigger of psychotic features at all, not more than a similar dose under similar circumstances would have had before. Specifically not more, if anyhing then less of the symptoms I had, and crisp, very complex and colorful visuals. Upon cessation of disso use the psychosis subsided to a residual level and stepped down more when I reduced the morphine. Can't help me but believing that opioids were a crucial factor for me developing this weird shit.

Yeah, there's always going to be a risk that psychedelics might bring some craziness out of you if it's there, but in my experience it's a lot less than you would expect just based on superficial impressions. ("Oh, it's a hallucinogen, surely it must make other types of hallucinations stronger?" Not necessarily....) It's really just about making sure that even when you're tripping, you're still in a good headspace that will allow you to avoid whatever it is you need to avoid going down a psychotic path again, just like when sober. What you've had certainly doesn't sound overly heavy but I understand the worry, and honestly, I'd say it's a risk that everyone should keep in mind when experimenting with hallucinogens because I don't really think anyone is entirely immune to having a psychotic break of some kind depending on where they are in life and you can really push your mind in some heavy ways with these chemicals, but having some experience in that area to have built your perspective from will help, and like I said, basically, just chill, ground as you normally would, and respect the limits you've recognized in yourself, even while allowing yourself to push further. And, of course, if you ever actually do think you're developing a more severe psychotic condition, don't put off talking to people about it just because you're using psychedelics and you think you should be fine, as that's an important part of respecting those limits too.

I've never been a huge user of opioids personally, but I actually do find them kind of trippy myself, and I've noticed (anecdotally) that a lot, like a LOT, of older people, actually hallucinate like fucking crazy with eyes wide open rambling delirious nonsense when they're given them, especially in a hospital setting. I'm pretty sure thinking of opioids as basically just addictive painkillers is dramatically underselling what it is they actually do to the brain and mind. It really wouldn't surprise me if they contributed to what you went through either, though of course I don't know.

I'm still not fully away from opioids, less cause of withdrawal than just pain of existence, and the S/NRIs pooped out long ago, I'm just taking 20-40mg fluoxetine every other day because I'm addicted to it or better my body is. I don't get any benefits besides a pretty dirty stimulation when I take 60mg at once (this is unrelated to the SSRI effect and stems from 5ht2c antagonism probably).. the SSRI use made tripping on shrooms impossible, I was very surprised by the LSD unveiling its full beauty despite the antidepressant so I have good hopes for DMT also not to care abut this and potentially even helping to regenerate natural serotonergic activity. Either the SSRIs or then my combined abuse of serotonergic substances (mostly DXM, but also MXE is a serotonergic and DCK probably as well) have caused my neurons to switch to a level of tolerance to 5-HT which makes quitting unbearable but as antidepressants are said to work through neurogenesis and psychedelics induce a shitload of growth factors and new connections between neurons, so who knows, maybe it helps. The LSD took like 3-4h for full effects, dunno whether this is normal or the result of some repair being done. I felt pretty content and alive afterwards but was in such a bad situation in RL that I didn't get lasting benefits (which I suspect to come more from the switches in life and lifestyle, habits in mind and real world, etc than from some 'magic' of the psy'delics - the magic is the trip itself, which is only a reflection of yourself I guess, as psy'delics are nothing more than a key which presses 5ht2a in the brain..

I hope you can find the relief you're looking for in one way or another soon. SSRIs definitely do tend to decrease the effects of a lot of psychedelics, though I've also heard of people getting full effects from DMT while being on them. Kind of the thing about DMT is with smoking it (and I assume you know not to take it orally while on a SSRI due to the MAOI interaction?) is that one of the main goals people tend to have is just to smoke however much it takes to find the dosage that really gets them to the point where something that really stands out happens which varies from one person to the next, so even if you need more than the average person from your medicine, you can probably just keep trying the way most people would and find something that works eventually, and it's powerful enough that it's still likely going to be pretty wild if you hit that point. Of course pay attention to how you react overall if you do feel the need to push it though, because it does have an effect on your body too, even if a generally safe one.

Durations are kind of an odd thing with psychedelics. LSD can kick in really fast if you take enough, I'm talking within minutes, but pretty much no matter how much you take, there's going to be a shift in activity around three or four hours in where some of the madness and chaotic energy that was present up to that point clears, and suddenly you can relax into the more fully peaked psychedelic experience. With smoked DMT, you're going to know pretty quickly whether it's working or not, and if you need to use more, and luckily, you won't have to wait long to try again at relatively full strength either.

Yeah, that is a very important aspect of this to keep in mind: you don't just take the drug and magically become free of depression and anxiety forever. In fact, there's no such thing as being entirely free of depression and anxiety forever, there's just figuring out how to keep it at bay enough that you don't actually call it by those names and consider it a disorder. Bad feelings are a good thing, as long as they don't dominate your life; psychedelics tend to help me balance out that aspect of it, personally, and learn how to do it in a way that actually does make some of benefits start to really stick after a while.

Began reading the book from this doc who conducted clinical studies with DMT and voluntary probands. The most remarkable facts maybe are that not a single negative or 'bad' experience happened when the people felt safe b/c of doctors around and the drug being legal and pure (many were already experienced with other psychedelics though). And that the doc had to accept that he couldn't explain nothing of the trip, of which the majority of people said it felt more real than the real life - this is what I lack, a feeling for the joy of life, it's just a boring stupid dull copy of a copy and the only real thing is the pain of existence. Ok, that's an oversimplification.

I can relate. That's why I like a little reconnection when I can get it.

What just caught my attention: Can you explain more about said guiltyness for tripping? I got this too, with psychedelics and weed, with dissociatives sometimes after they had worn off but in a different sense. What's that? Would it also happen when there wasn't this social stigma around drug use and the fact that most have only limited possibilities to share and speak about their experiences in real life, etc.

Have you ever discovered that you have a kink that you wished you didn't? Your avatar makes me suspect that answer is probably yes.

Tripping is punishment. You get what you asked for, and if you push it, you're really going to get it. But you'll like it anyway because you're a freak.

Sorry for wall of text, I'm distracting myself with writing maybe.
Only person I know in RL who also interested in psychedelics says that DMT cured her suicidality one and for all. times so far (one if not multiple years). Stopped habitually using other drugs too.

Still, the little devil inside my head tells me that I don't really wanna know what DMT will show me and that I'll regret having taken it....

The devils inside us know a lot more than we give them credit for. Changing your worldview radically doesn't mean coming out the other side as relatively the same person. It's simply a choice whether you think the before or after state seems preferable based on what you can observe in others.

Last edited:
To plumbus-nine and others whom are curious about my recollection and description of the actual trip. The memory of the trip worked like a dream, in that it’s hard to remember like a sleep-dream can be, but as the time goes on, you can remember more and more about its details.
I closed my bedroom door and sat down on my bed and ready to trip alone(I know, not the safest). I breathe out fully so that I can do a massive but gentle inhale through the vaporizer, I’m inhaling, I’m still inhaling, I hold the smoke in my lungs for as long as I can 6 seconds and blast-off; I’m gone from this dimension that we are all so familiar and comfortable with.
I’m then in a coloured and pixelated dimension in the presence of possibly another DMT-tripper that landed in the same dimension-frequency as I and they greeted me almost like “hey Bro, welcome to tripping DMT, that other being was really enjoying his trip whereas I felt uneasy because in the back of my mind, I was afraid that I was stuck in this pixelated dimension forever and all the pixels moving so intensely. Then I started feeling guilty for exploring a subculture/underworld that is so hidden from the rest of humanity and I associated it with me visiting somekind of an underground dance-rave or heroin shooting gallery or opium den that I visited. Then the sensation in my being and my stomach felt like I was dropping from one of those rollercoasters but except a thousand times more intense and so it became too intense for me but there was nothing I could do about it but accept that this is it for me. I yelled out “Holy f...., what the f...., what the f.... is this, holy f.... .” Then the last remnants of identity/ego/“I” concept got destroyed and so I can no longer feel fear or experience any aspect of former identity. Then it was all over, I woke up and my vision and my room and my cell phone started to slowly come back into focus. When my vision just readjusts, it’s hard to remember what I just experienced, like forgetting what you just dreamed.
I was suicidally depressed prior to dosing and afterward I didn’t just feel that everything was going to be ok but rather I KNEW that everything was going to be ok in life for me from objective analysis of the factors in my life. I didn’t need to dose on Suboxone the next day for depression and I felt enough energy during the day. I had no desire for alcohol, associating that with a mild toxicity, and did not desire sex as I associated that with the basest of all carnal senses and it being unnecessary to my wellbeing. Feel free to ask more questions. Writing these experiences down should help me better understand my trip and my conditions.

Last edited:
The chemicals in my brain feel like they have been rebalanced or regenerated where I don’t feel depressed which I describe as feeling “brain-sick.” There is no desire for me to dose on a substance to try to get what is often temporary relief from that “brain-sickness.” I’m very grateful.
Love this.

Perhaps you sub consciously remember the things that made you depressed are so insignificant compared to the happiness available to you (not just in the DMT realm) which is truly endless.

All the best man. Love live life

The only thing crazier I've experienced than DMT is Amanita Muscaria breakthroughs. I'm not sure I will ever recover from the shit I've seen. At first, I thought it was magical. I wanted - needed - to tell everyone... but, after examining it for decades I'm still not sure why. My best guess is to alleviate some of the trauma.

I used to have Amanita Muscaria unsupervised and find my own blood all over my house from injuries sustained during the trip. I completely detached from ego. A million times acid. A thousand times DMT.

Not for the faint of heart.

They made this weird film about it in the 70s with William Hurt.

@birdup In my opinion muscimol seems like the closest hallucinogen I've yet known of to the near-death experience, and I don't mean the kind that people think things like DMT and ketamine are like because you can feel like you die and speak to abstract entities, I mean the actual kind with the mythological underworld and demons and angels and so on. Well, sometimes things like synthetic cannabinoid overdoses and tropane deliriants really get into that area too, but... I would rather take muscimol than those any day. I feel the need to tell people just because it's fucking crazy and fascinating.

I have to repeat the line I've made a habit of around here though, which is to you or anyone else reading, I highly recommend looking into Amanita pantherina instead of Amanita muscaria for future adventures. It's a better option in literally every way and historically has only been avoided due to misconceptions. It has a higher content of muscimol and ibotenic acid, a higher ratio of muscimol to ibotenic acid, and doesn't have the muscarine that causes the cholinergic side effects of Amanita muscaria. After using Amanita pantherina I really have no true interest in using Amanita muscaria again, it gives me the same psychoactive effects but cleaner and at a much lower dosage. So, that's my plug; I want everyone to make the shift so the vendors start stocking up on Amanita pantherinas like crazy.

Nice to meet another muscimol fan. We are a rare breed. I am convinced that Amanita mushrooms are responsible for the establishment of all major religions. The experience is extremely religious. You are right: it is death.

I feel that. I do feel like what they tap into perhaps more than most things is something that is naturally accessible by the brain too, and that simply accessing those states through things like what society today considers mental disorders may be an underappreciated contributor to those religious societal developments, but someone would still have to "luck" into that in order to affect that sort of change, as opposed to just having access to something like the mushrooms which we know for sure have been ingested by humans for a very long time.

I deal with issues myself that seem primarily dissociative and mood-related, and usually full-blown psychosis is not an issue, but I can be pushed over the edge, and something that I'm pretty sure was an initial but delayed trigger for that happened to me just around this time last year; I had spent around two months smoking various synthetic DMT and 5-MeO-DMT analogous in escalating dosages around a few times a week, and for the last planned one I smoked 15 mg of 5-MeO-EiPT and ended up hallucinating heavily and constantly for the next few weeks, approaching but thankfully not passing into delusion at that time. One of the main reasons I had interest in pushing the limits with 5-MeO-EiPT specifically is because I have devoted a lot of energy into trying to find the serotonergic psychedelics that also seem to get me into a relatively similar state of consciousness to muscimol compared to the more classical states, and indole psychedelics with an ethyl group on the tryptamine tail seem to be particularly good at that for me, with isopropyls also sharing some of those properties, and 5-MeO-DMT of course being famous for being more near-death experience-like for some, and that experience and its lasting hallucinations were indeed very stereotypically religious in a relatable sort of way. I got out of that lingering state at first, but things came back and built up around February this year, and then I went totally delusional for a month or so and have fluctuated a bit back up and down since then, but in general I'm recovering. When I was in that state, a great many things happened that again followed those stereotypical religious thematic patterns, including interactions with apparent God-like and Satan-like entities and messages about sin, punishment, and my life being a new biblical-like story based on a bet between them, mystical plots spanning jumps between multiple lifetimes about impregnation without sex and the births of life in new universes, ideas about balancing the "masculine" and "feminine" energies of the universe, perceiving the non-dualistic karmic and intentional forces balancing out all conscious life in the multiverse, being shown the entire infinite wheel of rebirth and seeing other beings being recycled through it... and that was all without requiring me to take any hallucinogens in that time, even though it seemed to have been likely triggered by a trip or trips some months earlier (and I was still smoking a lot of cannabis). Of course, I'd still taken a lot of hallucinogens in my life before this too, including muscimol.

It was actually going through all of that that recently reignited by interest in muscimol, because it made me feel like I'm ready to stop taking detours for now and get back to exploring that type of state in the deepest and most direct way possible, though I thought I should probably take some time to let my mental health recover more still before actually getting into it. Around that time I found out that I was able to get my hands on some gaboxadol, the synthetic analogue of muscimol which also acts as a GABA(A) receptor agonist, which I did get and take a handful of times in controlled, starting at lower dosages and was quite happy with the results, because it did bring out some of the type of sensations I was hoping it would that I look for to differentiate that kind of state from others, like for instance the effects on time perception, and it didn't seem to make my mental health worse again after the experience ended, so I am definitely feeling more confident about exploring with the mushrooms again now. Hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on some potent Amanita pantherina caps pretty soon.

@birdup In my opinion muscimol seems like the closest hallucinogen I've yet known of to the near-death experience, and I don't mean the kind that people think things like DMT and ketamine are like because you can feel like you die and speak to abstract entities, I mean the actual kind with the mythological underworld and demons and angels and so on. Well, sometimes things like synthetic cannabinoid overdoses and tropane deliriants really get into that area too, but... I would rather take muscimol than those any day. I feel the need to tell people just because it's fucking crazy and fascinating.

I have to repeat the line I've made a habit of around here though, which is to you or anyone else reading, I highly recommend looking into Amanita pantherina instead of Amanita muscaria for future adventures. It's a better option in literally every way and historically has only been avoided due to misconceptions. It has a higher content of muscimol and ibotenic acid, a higher ratio of muscimol to ibotenic acid, and doesn't have the muscarine that causes the cholinergic side effects of Amanita muscaria. After using Amanita pantherina I really have no true interest in using Amanita muscaria again, it gives me the same psychoactive effects but cleaner and at a much lower dosage. So, that's my plug; I want everyone to make the shift so the vendors start stocking up on Amanita pantherinas like crazy.
This sounds very interesting. I'd like to learn more but I have a couple concerns. Are muscimol and ibotenic acid truly neurotoxic? What does the trip feel like in relation to traditional psychedelics like psilocybin and DMT?