• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids DIY fentanyl patch?

darvocet21

Bluelighter
Have a fair quantity of what I believe to be fentanyl that's not been polluted. It's a terrible opioid in that it produces all of the dependence while being a distant, cold-hearted lover.

This is true of fentanyl citrate ampules and patch (50mcg, 100mcg?) that people pushing for harm reduction policies gave me... If they had known that I had several relapses penciled in they would have probably given it to someone more deserving. But it was extremely effective at suppressing withdrawals without creating a high of its own.

Is this too ambitious? A patch consists of the active ingredient in an emulsion with a boundary layer that's perforated or semi-permiable. Obviously I wouldn't want to make one from scratch that would be very hard. However there are already patches on the market like nicotine. Perhaps it could be modified.

It's not even for me necessarily, probably... but if I were able to put something together that was safe and effective for around 48 hrs. I know a few people who could benefit from it

This is the worst idea I've heard on bluelight (if hr is the goal).

Diffusion and capillary action get pretty non-linear (like people can't even lay acid right). As patches are often designed to contain enough for a long duration of relief, they almost necessarily contain a dangerous amount.

If it were a compound with a massive therapeutic index like thc, I would think it would be fine to experiment, as the worst that would happen would be a debilitating high, but fentanyl has a notoriously low ti, so this is just courting an overdose.

Have a fair quantity of what I believe to be fentanyl that's not been polluted. It's a terrible opioid in that it produces all of the dependence while being a distant, cold-hearted lover.
This is a good description. Fentanyl is horrible shit. And it is the "distant, cold-heartedness" that is part of why it's killing people. You just don't get that warm euphoria that you get from proper opiates, so people up their dose chasing it, but they still get the full respiratory depression, thereby dying.
This is true of fentanyl citrate ampules and patch (50mcg, 100mcg?) that people pushing for harm reduction policies gave me...
Wait, you what? HR people are handing out fentanyl now?
If they had known that I had several relapses penciled in they would have probably given it to someone more deserving. But it was extremely effective at suppressing withdrawals without creating a high of its own.

Is this too ambitious? A patch consists of the active ingredient in an emulsion with a boundary layer that's perforated or semi-permiable. Obviously I wouldn't want to make one from scratch that would be very hard. However there are already patches on the market like nicotine. Perhaps it could be modified.
Far, far too ambitious. At best nothing is going to happen and at worst you will wind up killing yourself or someone else. Perhaps even create a product with a 50/50 (or worse) chance of doing one or the other. If you wanted to take fentanyl transdermally as a one-shot dose, you'd have to start low and experiment with dose to see how much would get through, but you could probably just throw it in some DMSO and paint it on your arm without much trouble. If it works halfway well it might even be good HR to do it to avoid the needle. But the difficulty in trying to DIY a sustained-release patch is in the sustained-release mechanism. Pharmcos put many, many millions of dollars into developing this for a reason, and you are not going to replicate it in your kitchen. The mechanisms of different products (like, say, nicotine, clonidine and fentanyl) are often different, and sometimes more complex than just a reservoir of the drug that you could insert more drug into (changing the volume would create it's own problems) not to mention this probably being too delicate a task physically to perform, say, with a high gauge syringe (and perforating the reservoir, if it's even a simple reservoir, would probably ruin the whole process too.) Just don't. You're not likely to experience much success and the outcome could be lethal.

This is a good description. Fentanyl is horrible shit. And it is the "distant, cold-heartedness" that is part of why it's killing people. You just don't get that warm euphoria that you get from proper opiates, so people up their dose chasing it, but they still get the full respiratory depression, thereby dying.

Wait, you what? HR people are handing out fentanyl now?
No, this was a long time ago. A real patch was obtained (for free) through some independent people that were lobbying to have needle exchanges and so on normalized.

Last edited:
I have a new idea which I think is actually not a bad idea at all. Methamphetamine patches specifically for harm reduction to allow IV drug users to take a 1-month break and allow their bodies to heal, the way the patch works is like this: you get your medicine in a patch shape baggy you tear open and you snort it

Art thou currently on drugs? 🙃
I just had a tooth filled and half my face is still numb from the Novocaine (thank God for the coca plant)
Plus I took 30 mg adderal, 1 mg Klonopin, 200 micrograms fentanyl, one Tylenol Extra Strength, one cup of coffee

I just had a tooth filled and half my face is still numb from the Novocaine (thank God for the coca plant)
Plus I took 30 mg adderal, 1 mg Klonopin, 200 micrograms fentanyl, one Tylenol Extra Strength, one cup of coffee
I see…. what a combination….

Please be careful with the fentanyl.