• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Dissolving Lorazepam in water

Al12

Ex-Bluelighter
Can I dissolve Lorazepam (pills) in water and drink it?
And would cold or warm water affect the solubility and strength of Ativan or not?
I've searched on the internet and haven't obtained a precise answer.

Sorry if this may sound a stupid question, but I just hate swallowing pills, yes even small ones.

Last edited:
makes no effect. swallow whole with a small glass of water. empty stomach. Can also be crushed, placed under tongue for a quick effect.

but to answer ur question - yes you can. becareful this medication can be habit forming and addictive.

hope that helps.

Therefore they don't have to be sublingual pills in order to completely dissolve in water?

Therefore they don't have to be sublingual pills in order to completely dissolve in water?

Benzodiazepines generally don't dissolve in water all that well.

You could do one of the following:
a) break the pill in half, then break those pieces in half so you end up with 4 pieces that are so small you should have no trouble putting them in your mouth, then washing them down with water
b) stick the pill in a bit of bread or similar food, chew, and swallow before the taste hits you
c) get a script for orally dissolving tablets (these are usually flavored so you don't have to taste the Lorazepam)

pretty much every lorazepam I have ever used dissolves VERY quickly into a fine chalky like powder. If you put it in a small amount of water like a shot glass it should fall apart and then you could just take the shot. I use the watson brand b/c that is what the VA carries and these suckers cant stay even slightly together as soon as they touch my tongue.

Yeah, it'd work. I had a bottle of ativan in my purse, and for some reason (IDR) they got wet (rain maybe??)
so all this powder was in my purse. I put it on my ID and licked it.

But why not just take it under the tongue? It's not that bad tasting or anything.

I don't see why you'd want to make a valium cocktail. Is it the taste? Either way, if you must make a beverage mix, just crush the pill first then pour it in and drink up. It'll work just fine. Doesn't need to be dissolved in the water to be more effective, it's already active in buccal and sublingual membranes if it's similar to clonazepam. I personally quite enjoy the taste of benzos, even ativan.

Edit: might as well crush up two cimetidines and throw em in there too - better uptake.

I don't see why you'd want to make a valium cocktail. Is it the taste? Either way, if you must make a beverage mix, just crush the pill first then pour it in and drink up. It'll work just fine. Doesn't need to be dissolved in the water to be more effective, it's already active in buccal and sublingual membranes if it's similar to clonazepam. I personally quite enjoy the taste of benzos, even ativan.

Edit: might as well crush up two cimetidines and throw em in there too - better uptake.

Not sure if you read the OP they are asking about ativan not valium. Or is a valium cocktail the name of something I have never heard of? Second I don't think it is about taste they just don't like swallowing pills. Personally I SUB my ativan works so fast it is amazing. Third, unfortunately lorazepam is not potentiated by tagament.

Not sure if you read the OP they are asking about ativan not valium. Or is a valium cocktail the name of something I have never heard of? Second I don't think it is about taste they just don't like swallowing pills. Personally I SUB my ativan works so fast it is amazing. Third, unfortunately lorazepam is not potentiated by tagament.

I think Mad Dash meant to say "lorazepam" or maybe there is a cocktail that we don't know of....lol

my ativan pills were not SL but i would do it anyway and well everytime i would put one under my tongue it would almost instantly dissolve
i would hold it for a good 30 secs then swallow it
personally i found that it would kick in the same as oral ROA
try subbing it the taste isnt to bad alot better than xanax
i also hate swallowing pills

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.

I have another question, if I take a recreational dose of Lorazepam every roughly 10 days, does a tolerance develop? Or do you need to take it daily for weeks in order for it to develop?

Last edited:
btw anyone can answer my question about tolerance developing?

btw anyone can answer my question about tolerance developing?

you might get some shitty rebound anxiety if you do in fact take ativan for anxiety issues but not enough to feel WD or tolerance
if you take it for rec use which is kinda pointless but 10 constant days naw there is 90% chance you wont develop tolerance
whenever you take benzos dont take them everyday and dont keep redosing or popping them like candy and you should be fine
hard to tell how long itll take to build tolerance or dependency but trust me you dont want to find out
getting addicted is another topic of its own

Thankyou very much for the answers. I know that Lorazepam and such create rapid dependency, this is the reason I want to use it max. 3 times a month.

just a mistake. and now that I think about it, valium is just more pleasing to hear than ativan.

Thankyou very much for the answers. I know that Lorazepam and such create rapid dependency, this is the reason I want to use it max. 3 times a month.

if you're only using 3x/month, I don't think you'd become dependent on it at all. your tolerance will probably go up with time, but not nearly as rapidly as a daily user.