• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dissolving hydrocodone in water?

Dr_Sprocket

Greenlighter
When I get up in the morning I feel really awful, I take my two hydrocodone 7.5/325s, but it takes about an hour before I start to feel better. I've been thinking about putting my morning hydrocodones in a shot glass full of water the night before and letting them dissolve and then drinking it in the morning when I get up to make it act faster. I'm not interested in CWE, crushing them then putting them in water, snorting them or anything else, I just want to reduce the time it takes them to act to reduce the time I spend in misery when I get up.

Will this work?

Last edited:
yeah it should work fine. I thoroughly chew my 10/325 hydrocodone pills and let them dissolve a little in my mouth before swallowing and they usually come on within 20-30 minutes of swallowing them.

I usually take my second dose 4 to 5 hours afterwords, any guesses as to how much closer together I'll need to take them?

Beware it will make it work faster and better and you will get a larger dose but the pain relief will not last as long. It is a time release tablet and altering it in any way will make you take more which will lead to withdraws symptoms because you will run out of your prescription faster.

Beware it will make it work faster and better and you will get a larger dose but the pain relief will not last as long. It is a time release tablet and altering it in any way will make you take more which will lead to withdraws symptoms because you will run out of your prescription faster.

It’s not a time release tablet.

yeah it should work fine. I thoroughly chew my 10/325 hydrocodone pills and let them dissolve a little in my mouth before swallowing and they usually come on within 20-30 minutes of swallowing them.
I tried it this morning and started feeling better in about half an hour. Half an hour less misery in the morning is priceless. I swallowed my next dose normally about four and a half hours later and didn't experience any gap in pain relief so it worked great. Thanks again.

I'd recommend dissolving it in water just to make it easier to have it crushed. Powdered tylonal sucks