Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

disorganized schizophrenia

BTrips

Bluelighter
....from lsd
after my first time, my friend started showing signs of disorganized schizophrenia
has anybody else felt like this

(definition from wikipedia)
Disorganized schizophrenia is a subtype of schizophrenia as defined in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, DSM-IV code 295.10[1]. This type is characterized by prominent disorganized behavior and speech (see formal thought disorder) including schizophasia, and flat or inappropriate emotion and affect. The criteria for the catatonic subtype of schizophrenia must not have been met as well. This type of schizophrenia is also known as hebephrenia, and is named after the Greek goddess of youth, Hebe, in reference to the typical age of onset in puberty[2].

Unlike the paranoid subtype of schizophrenia, delusions and hallucinations are not the most prominent feature[3][4], although fragmentary delusions and hallucinations may be present.

The emotional responses of people diagnosed with this subtype can often seem strange or inappropriate to the situation. Inappropriate facial responses may be common and behavior is sometimes described as 'silly', such as inappropriate laughter. Complete lack of expressed emotion is sometimes seen, as is an apparent indifference, anhedonia (the lack of pleasure), and avolition (a lack of motivation). Some of these features are also present in other types of schizophrenia, but they are most prominent in Disorganized Schizophrenia.

This form of schizophrenia is typically associated with early onset (often between the ages of 15 and 25 years) and is thought to have a poor prognosis because of the rapid development of 'negative' symptoms and decline in social functioning.[5]
Disorganized schizophrenia is thought to be an extreme expression of the 'disorganization syndrome' that has been hypothesised to be one aspect of a three-factor model of symptoms in schizophrenia[6] The other factors being 'reality distortion' (involving delusions and hallucinations) and 'psychomotor poverty' (poverty of speech, lack of spontaneous movement and various aspects of blunting of emotion).

I can't give you a better answer than this right this moment but on LSD I've felt and behaved in like 10 million ways, probably including this one.
But what I'm actually trying to say is that possibly it's just part of the trip but if it was that pronounced and especially if it happens during subsequent trips it might be a sign that it's latent in him and the LSD is triggering it. It's hard to say but do be careful and try to figure out if it was just his way of being trippy or a little more.

You need a medical professional and weeks, if not months, of treatment to diagnose disorganised schizophrenia.

He could've just been having a brainfart.