Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Discontinuation Syndrome from Citalopram/Cipramil

Diacetylus

Bluelighter
Hi there, I've been on Cipramil/Citalopram, an SSRI for about 6 months now and stupid me forgot to bring my medication with me when I traveled to Melbourne this weekend. I'm still here, however now am beginning to feel this erm... discontinuation syndrome.
It's now been hmmm... 3 days since I have had my last dose and 2 days ago smoked a gram of Heroin, then went out the following night and got drunk with a friend.
So, I'm assuming all that crap is possibly leading to me feeling like absolute utter crap. I don't know what to do, the depression is unbearable, I get this intense vertigo-electric shock feeling in my head and leg whenever I move my head. I want to go down the road to go and withdraw some more money to get some Heroin for tonight, but I am sort of terrified that I will just collapse on the way to the ATM.

Sorry, I couldn't put this thread together any better, but only over the past 2-3 hours has it started to noticable get worse.
Anyone know if I go to the chemist (they should have records) they could give me a couple of doses to get me through until tomorrow?

Advice appreciated. Thanks.

A chemist won't legally be allowed to dispense it for you. Some will, though, and require you to bring in the prescription at a later date. You'd have to have a very good relationship with your pharmacist for them to do this, though.

My advice to you would be to see a GP and explain the situation to them. It seems unlikely to me that they would refuse such a request but if they do it's a simple matter of seeing another one. Many GP's don't require you to have an appointment and to find ones near you you could try typing "medical centre" or "family practice" and similar search terms into www.whitepages.com.au .

Good advice. See a Dr to obtain a new script, I'm sure they will understand about your situation.

BT :)