Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Dirty Pictures (2010) (Not what you think lol)

Factualist

Bluelighter
Anyone else seen this? It's a documentary about Alexander and Ann Shulgin, David Nichols, and others. It's pretty incredible in my opinion. I learned a lot about them that I never knew. It's really cool seeing what Sasha's lab and house looked like. He was so down to earth for being one of the best chemists in history. And Ann knows a lot about psychology and psychoanalysis, and even as someone who's studied psychology extensively, I still learned quite a bit from her. There are quite a few really cool scenes of the Shulgins going to festival and talking to people and seeing first hand how their work was helping people. There's also an interview with a DEA agent who renounced his membership with the agency and started campaigning against them. He talks about what they had hoped to do and how they failed miserably.

You can actually watch the whole thing on YouTube too:

It was a neat documentary. It's been a while since I watched it but I remember they profiled a few characters, including a chemist who played heavy metal.

Anyone else seen this? It's a documentary about Alexander and Ann Shulgin, David Nichols, and others. It's pretty incredible in my opinion. I learned a lot about them that I never knew. It's really cool seeing what Sasha's lab and house looked like. He was so down to earth for being one of the best chemists in history. And Ann knows a lot about psychology and psychoanalysis, and even as someone who's studied psychology extensively, I still learned quite a bit from her. There are quite a few really cool scenes of the Shulgins going to festival and talking to people and seeing first hand how their work was helping people. There's also an interview with a DEA agent who renounced his membership with the agency and started campaigning against them. He talks about what they had hoped to do and how they failed miserably.

You can actually watch the whole thing on YouTube too:

i really appreciate you sharing this. it was way too Perfect. almost like free therapy. ♡

It was a neat documentary. It's been a while since I watched it but I remember they profiled a few characters, including a chemist who played heavy metal.

i liked him too lol, iirc correctly he was the one that didn't do any drugs at all and was like this materialist atheist, so he did what he did out of pure love of science, i thought that was pretty neat.

oftentimes even just having a molecule alter perception so intensely for a short period can be permanently life changing for one's perspective.
xfXvh6g.png

it doesn't benefit those with money and power to have the cattle 'awake'