View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DiPT scraps

Murple

Ex-Bluelighter
Tryptamines and phenethylamines cause nausea by virtue of their serotonergic activity. Snorting them or taking them by other non-oral routes will not help reduce nausea significantly.

I am aware, and would not attempt any procedure that is out of my league...which seems to be most of them. But thank you for your reply.

ive been trying to find a concise 'kitchen chemistry' HCl to Base conversion but havent come across anything that gives you a good idea of the ratio of salt to basic solution.

the easiest conversion i've seen is put the salt into pure ammonia then filter and wash the precipitate that forms

[edit: damn i can't type worth crap these days]

Last edited:
I wanted the freebase so that I could smoke it. I just discovered that you can smoke it just fine the way it is.

I think this has been covered before. Do a search. In fact, I know it was covered before and there is a recipe for making freebase DPT from the salt. I'm sure it works just fine for DiPT too. If someone finds the link post it here. Thanks.

Last edited:
frizzantik said:
ive been trying to find a concise 'kitchen chemistry' HCl to Base conversion but havent come across anything that gives you a good idea of the ratio of salt to basic solution.

the easiest conversion i've seen is put the salt into pure ammonia then filter and wash the precipitate that forms

The problem with this is that pure ammonia is not readily available. Ammonia that is sold in stores for cleaning has a myriad of other ingredients in them even if not listed. You do not want to add detergents and other impurities to your final product.
If anyone knows of easy to obtain ammonia, I'm all ears.

morninggloryseed said:
I think this has been covered before. Do a search. In fact, I know it was covered before and there is a recipe for making freebase DPT from the salt. I'm sure it works just fine for DiPT too. If someone finds the link post it here. Thanks.

i've searched many times on BL and Erowid and Google and havent found a good recipe.. if you could post the link to this thread that'd be great

craig420 said:
The problem with this is that pure ammonia is not readily available. Ammonia that is sold in stores for cleaning has a myriad of other ingredients in them even if not listed. You do not want to add detergents and other impurities to your final product.
If anyone knows of easy to obtain ammonia, I'm all ears.

if you can get obtain pure psychedelic compounds, pure ammonia can't be that hard to come by.. at least one would think :D

frizzantik said:
if you can get obtain pure psychedelic compounds, pure ammonia can't be that hard to come by.. at least one would think :D

that would be a poor assumption

^^^^^^
just a couple of questions about when you smoked the salt... how long did the effects last? was it just a more intense version of taking it orally? if not how did it differ?

i am really curious about this

New "Big and Dandy" Thread

Went and put together some of the more informative threads on DiPT in the hopes that this will generate some interesting discussion.

Aszazin said:
it seems to me that dipt and 5-meo-dipt are not the same substance!

They sure are not! 5-MeO-DiPT is an nasty material in my experiences. Well it was ok a 6mg, but I never saw any point in taking it when better things are available. And even at 6mg, there was still a generalized feeling of discomfort, though it was mild. I have no idea how people take high dosages (20mg or more) of that drug.

The highest I went with 5-MeO-DiPT was 11mg, and the bodyload was TERRIBLE. I had some interesting auditory distortions and minor visual effects, but none of the psychedelic (mind-expanding) bliss of DiPT. DiPT felt good. I can't say the same of it's 5-MeO cousin. Besides the physical discomfort, there seemed to be no substance to the space that 5-MeO-DiPT lead to. I had a great talk with a friend while on 6mg of 5-MeO-DiPT, but again nothing happened that a small dosage of mushrooms or another tryptamine couldn't do. And do much better!

Having taken quite a few different-sized doses of 5-MeO-DiPT, it's been my experience that it doesn't begin to get psychedelic until 15mg or more. 20mg was my preferred dosage, and sometimes the bodyload would be terrible, but most of the time it was great. Even when it was bad, it only lasted for an 1.5 hours max before subsiding into a physically mellow experience.

^^^^^^^^^

Both an old girlfriend and I found 5-MeO-DiPT quiet psychedelic at just 8mg. In fact, I kinda wigged out on just 8mg. It was because of the setting. I'll be there first to admit I have an unusual sensitivity to tryptamines though.

But then again a dosage for the drug is listed as 6mg to 12mg by the material's inventor. One never knows with the varying quality of the material produced a few years ago how potent our materials that we took were in comparison with each other.

But this is a DiPT thread. Let's stick to discussing that.

ER0X said:
being that it's 4hoDIPT i dont think it's weird at all. Dipt type chems are the most unpredictable. some people trip nice, some trip hard, some get real sick, some dont trip at all off the same doses.

I agree, especially after my hallucinatory DiPT experience last night... wow. I was pleasantly surprised.