Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Diphenhydramine - Overdose on 600mg of benadryl

Jackedupjackrabbit

Greenlighter
So, a while back, it was the begging of my 9th grade year and my friend had told me about benadryl, I researched it a little but didn't take much percausion, so I took 250mg of benadryl and was pretty satisfied with it, it wasn't like a true high, but I liked the hallucinations. So the next day before school, I decided to take some, I wanted to be sitting in class and to start hallucinating and see a bunch of weird stuff, so I just stupidly decided to go overboard and take 600mg of benadryl. Well I was riding to school with my friend and my sister, she was driving us, the last thing I remember is picking up my friend, then I woke up in an ambulance, well from what my sister says, we we're driving to school, and we we're passing a gas station and I kept telling her I was thirsty and needed a drink. Then they pulled up and I was just falling over in my seat, she asked what I was doing then I started shaking and foaming out my mouth, she said I stopped moving and my lips we're blue. She called an ambulance and they said I had no pulse and wldnt respond, so they started driving me to the hospital and they said a few minutes later I was back, I had pulse but I was still going in and out and all that stuff. So all I remember was going in and out and I wld see the paramedic above me tryn to talk to me and they said I kept telling them to shut up and give me the pot Brownies. Eventually I'm at the hospital, I'm high, and I just keep waking up and I don't really remember much. Once Im finnaly able to focus and talk, they ask what I took cuz I nvr told my friend or sister that I took anything, i was really really confused and I don't know why I lied to them, but I told them I did a bunch of dxm. They needed my urine but I wldnt go pee, so I remember so perfectly, he told me they had to use a cathiter, I thought it can't be that bad, but holy fuck I was wrong, it was the worst feeling in the world, I screamed so loud and my family heard my in the waiting room, it hurt even worse coming out. Eventually they came back and said that all I had in my urnine was PCP and antidepressents, which I had done neither, I told em that, they said dxm can come up as that, which was weird cuz I hadn't even dome dxm in a while. So everything gets back to normal and they told me if I ever took dxm again, my body cold react bad to it and have another seizure. Well a week ago, I was with my freinds and I was really high and I picked up some pills of my floor and just popped em, they were small and white, I had spilt a bottle of caffine pills on the floor and so I was sure it was just caffeine pills, well my friend said they didn't look like caffeine pills, and he looked them up and they we're dramamine, wich has diphenhydramine in it, same stuff in benadryl, so we freaked out, and I told them I didn't feel like throwing them up and so we just sat there,waiting to see what was gonna happen, and eventually I fell asleep and everything was fine. So yeah, that's my story of when I overdosed on 600mg of benadryl, i know it was stupid to take so much, but It happend and can't change that. So hope u enjoy the report. This is my second post, so I'm put this in the wrong place or something, sorry if I did.but please do tell me where it shldve been posted so I know in the future. Thanks