• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Diphenhydramine - Hallucinations?

Oxy8_8

Bluelighter
I have chronic insomnia and have my entire life. I tend to rotate what I take to sleep (zopiclone for a few weeks, valium for a few weeks...)
Currently I'm taking diphenhydramine (100mg) and codeine linctus (liquid codeine phosphate) (150mg).

Yesterday I sat on my bed and had a long talk with my dad. I then went downstairs for a drink and realized that it was 3pm and my dad is at work. Sure enough, I run back to my bedroom and he isn't there. I had been talking to thin air for literally 20 minutes or more.

My dad confirmed this later in the evening saying he was out the house 8am-6pm that day.

I also (I'm NOT epileptic) had a grand mal (clonic-tonic) seizure this morning. I have had 6 of them in the past (one has left me with 2 slipped disks in my spine) but they all occurred due to severe alcohol withdrawal. I've been sober for 11 months now so it can't be that.

I've never had this problem before but seizures and hallucinations can't be a good sign...

I'm not sure about the seizures but hallucinations, specifically seeing people who aren't there, are quite common with diphenhydramine. I would suggest switching to doxylamine succinate, it's in the same class as diphenhydramine but seems to have less anticholinergic effects(IME).

Mate im concerned.about you. I dont mean you constantly changing your story between recreational drug user and someone who only ever uses for pain and no other reason. I've read all of your threads and most of your posts and they inconsistencies are blindingly obvious. Im talking about your desire to use every drug under the sun. Yes I know you have health problems but dont forget it was your alcoholism and bulemia that CAUSED most of these problems. Your heading down the same road but now with drugs instead. I mean a bulimic/anorexic with severe anxiety issues taking ephedrine and caffine thermogenics with strong cns stimulating effects is crazy. I know you have pain but dont forget your alcoholism caused your pancreatitis. Your doc has already cut you off twice for abusing ur pain meds and youve admitted dozens of times that u use recreationaly not just for pain and that ur an addict your posts in the drug culture forums describe in great detail your recreational drug abuse then you go on the pain management forum and swear blind that you only ever tamoke opiates for pain and no other reason despite the hundreds of posts and 60 something threads youve posted stating the exact opposite!! You may think im always having a go at you but im concerned. Your abusing every opiate and benzo you can get ur hands on and always asking how to potentiate your high. Keep going this way and you wont see your 30 th birthday . Im 40 and I've been there and done it all....... Please stop and think. Pm me if you want......this site is about HARM REDUCTION. For.fuck sake mate wake up!!!!!

Last edited: