• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids diphenhydramine (benadryl) and hydrocodone mix dosage?

rarrito

Greenlighter
Hey guys.

First time poster who has been using blue light as a resource for years. Apologize in advance if I'm breaking any forum rules.

I've recently come across some 5-325 hydros. Last time I did a an opiate was 20mg of percocet 3-4 years ago. I'm looking to do 15mg of the hydros along with one benadryl (25 mg diphenhydramine). I'm wondering if that will be enough Benadryl to potentiate the hydrocodone high while also relieving some of the scalp itchiness I remember having off of the percocet?

In all honesty I'm more curious about the potentiating than the itch relief since I dont have many hydros and I remember the itchiness actually feeling a bit soothing. Will 25mg be enough to potentiate the high slightly? I dont want too much benadryl since I'll be making music and dont want to fall asleep.

Thanks in advance

Oh, I've also got one tylenol 3 laying around that serves no purpose on its own so Im wondering if its ok to mix the 30mg of codeine with the 15mg of hydrocodone?

Last edited:
Diphenhydramine in higher doses can cause hallucinations and dizziness so personally I would recommend keeping the dose around the 50mg mark. The last thing you want is to take too much and fall asleep and waste your opiates. Be careful of the amount of paracetamol you're consuming if you take it all at once. As little as 2 grams can be toxic to some people. Provided you're not sensative to opiates then it will be safe to take the codeine along with your hydrocodone. If you have never consumed this quantity of opioids before however I would recommend splitting the dose. Perhaps start with the 30mg of codeine, 50mg of diphenhydramine and one 5-325 hydrocodone. Wait an hour or two and then pop the other two if you feel like you need more
Edit. There are better options for increasing the potency of opiates but if you only have access to the diphenhydramine then it will do the trick. Just don't over do it.

Thanks for the reply man.

Took 25mg of diphenhydramine and 15mg hydro. No codeine this time just to check my tolerance since its been years. Im 2.5 hours into my high and definitely felt it but didnt get as high as I wanted. Been smoking my thc oil pen throughout as well. I think im going do 20mg hydro with the 30mg codeine tomorrow.

What are better options for potentiating opiate? Benadryl makes me sleepy easily so I'd like to know better options.

Thanks again for the help

That sounds like a good idea for a second go at finding your sweet spot dosage. The best potentators for opiates are a low dose benzo combo or if you can get clonidine 1microgram really works well. These are both prescription meds so it's harder to get hold of. My favorite combo is 5-10mg of diazepam with my opiate dose. Don't take more than this though or it can become dangerous. You only need a little bit of the benzos to get the job done. Cannibus works well if it's you're thing. It gives me anxiety though so I don't use it personally.
Edit- low dose seroquel also helps with potency. No more than 25-50mg if you have no tolerance to seroquel. It will make you very drowsy so it's not the best option.

Honestly I don't think 25mg will affect you all that much and may potentiate the hydros a bit for you. However, personally speaking I find that if I'm taking something which may make me a little tired when I don't want to be, I'll take a caffeine tablet and it usually does the trick. Good luck going forward!