• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Diphenhydramine (1,200mg) - Experienced - Dont Take this much Ever

hmm. can't say i've ever tried this. good for you, if that's your thing man. thinking about it makes me squeemish, though, i have to admit.

Just go do some jimson weed man. If you enjoy being fucked up like that then more power to ya. But christ... benadryl recreationally? That's a bit nuts. If Benadryl is your idea of a good time then jimson weed will be your fantasy world. Just make sure you dose right, and prepare to end up in the hospital fighting the nurses.

PARooolller said:
Exactly...welcome to Bluelight but this is a harm reduction site....

How old are you? I'm not a doctor but taking 1,200mgs of Benadryl might pose permanent life-long health risks....good luck and do some real drugs...:|

I agree. Bleh! Do real drugs please, don't be this insane and desperate

topekoms18 said:
bullshit, its called a blackout and can be very much the same in effect. I once blacked out and went into a dream scene that involved me scratching with the dj who was playing at that moment, turns out I was just messing up his set and was promptly ejected. Then I proceeded to make the sun rise and set with waves of my hand. Not delerium but certainly pretty frank hallucination for me to actually have seen in my head the dj scratching WITH me. I cant even tell you now if I actually had my hands on the vinyl for as long as I perceived I did but yeah. Um another thing comes to mind. When I was younger (before I found this wonderful place) I ingested belladonna, and Um yeah, stick with proper psychedellics.

the 5ht2a receptor is not the only receptor in your brain. Maybe some people want to try Acetylcholine and Kappa-Opioid and NMDA type hallucingins....just because you think LSD is the cats meow doesnt mean everyone else thinks it is, or that no one else wants to try anything else.

Man, is it just me, or are phsyedelic users the most elitist of the drug users.

^^ Many of them are, yes. I wouldn't generalize that though.

1,200 mg is such an extreme amount to take. The most benedryl i ever let myself take was 800 mg and 2 bars of xanax. Needless to say it was a completely unenjoyable experience. Blacking out and rearranging your parents house at 4 in the morning is never a good idea.

I took 17 once, and that was "interesting".. but only in that it made me want to look into the "real deal".. this wasn't a psychedelic- it just made you.. weird. I imagine at times I was sitting there with my eyes open, but thinking I was elsewhere.. I can't remember. Legs felt heavy as lead. Occasionally felt like I was having a conversation with someone, who wasn't there- and I'd suddenly realize.. I'd talk to the TV, talk to the computer, and talk to one of those little telsa rods in glass, from my bedside.

Not much control of fine motor functions.. opening a door was very hard to get my hand to do. Peeing was really hard. Throwing up was impossible, from what I remember. Eyes bloodshot more than I've ever seen at that time, and perhaps dilated.. I can't remember.

The whole time though, you feel "ok" with it, it seems. Even though you worry about how long it will take.. you can always just play sick for a day, and lay in bed- i would think.

Next day, after finally sleeping.. horrible headache.. felt like a vise grip was on my temples, and a nail horizontally through my head. I'm not sure if I every went above 17 + a tiny bit of alcohol. Dumb idea.. age 17. Repeated the experience a couple times at lowering dosages, then decided it wasn't worth it.

I saw mostly ants/spiders/moths, streams of bugs on the carpet.. which was amusing to watch, but meh. Not worth it. Many people have claimed to see people.. I've seen it effect other's differently.. Makes you think there's a dog or something in bushes... and you focus on it... then snap out of it.

Last edited:
rangrz said:
the 5ht2a receptor is not the only receptor in your brain. Maybe some people want to try Acetylcholine and Kappa-Opioid and NMDA type hallucingins....just because you think LSD is the cats meow doesnt mean everyone else thinks it is, or that no one else wants to try anything else.

yeah, cuz after you go far enough there isnt much that can fuck you up more than that (this thread proves me wrong) in the world of 'recreational' or 'illicit' drugs

I can see why so many of you would hate this drug and never try it again.But I love the effects.The best description would be, talking to a person you had a crush on, asking her out then going for sex.That nervousness combined with everything else is more then enjoyable for me.The only problem is its easy tolerence.Im going to stop next week for a month.My tolerance level is very high.The only reason i ventured to 1.2grams was because it was a "F it" day, And i knew 600mg would only do half the job it used to...

rangrz said:

I've found that some of the least elitist psych users are the ones that have also used copius amounts of other drugs. All me junkie friends still trip, myself included. Opiates and psychs are the two best kinds of drugs for me.

And fucking nasty ass pills. I took those in school once, like 12 or 14 when I was young young young and stupid too, and I didn't get caught, even that shit cant make me lose my cool in front of authority figures, but it was the single most un-fun drug experience I've had, including doing like half an ounce of coke in a couple hours, and then coming down with no smack/benzos/alcohol/whatever. And believe me, that was indeed fucking unpleasant.

Ive beaten the shit out of my liver with all the ASAP I've eaten my day...but dam....thats almost like eatin a shitload of ant-phycotics...just not good for you.

I started taking Bendryll to potentiate opiates, and probably took a bit too much a few times (maybe 400 mgs; 4 pills per use of opiate). It's an absolutely horrible feeling...uncontrollable shakes, body temperature alternates between hot and cold constantly....headache, becoming disoriented; even to the point of ruining the opiate high, insomnia...etc.

Weird.

I just popped a 25 mg diphenhydramine pill (called Sleep-ez) so I could start winding down and maybe get to bed at a decent hour.

It would never really occur to me to use them recreationaly.

If I'm doing drugs... I want to do interesting drugs, not a bunch of sleeping pills/antihistamines.

I appreciate you sharing your experience though!

^to whoever pointed out how bad diphen is for your liver....
i would agree, the ony friend of mine who serious abused this drug (close to everyday tripping on 20-30somthing pills for a few months i believe) has definitely liver damage, and is in pain frequently. i dont know all the specifics, but i remember him saying his lymnph nodes were messed up as well, which was related the doctors said...who knows.

the only thing he has been able to isolate as a crucial factor to the condition is the diphen abuse. he has seen a doctor multiple times and gotten blood tests for various illness which commonly cause liver pain (which i dont remember what they are, but he told me, hepatitus i believe was one)

be careful with this one....
aside from completely overwhelming hppd-like symptoms which he sorted out through meditations, he was relatively good-to-go post use, but a few years later his problems have come up...

Please don't tell me I'm the only one who enjoyed diph delirium..back in the day when I still did that stuff, I quit cause of some physical side effects one time, fearing my heart would stop and shit. Other than that, I actually enjoyed the frame of mind..I never dosed this high though.

i have no idea you can lot can do so many these, i did 800mg once (allthought it was with 8 co-cordamols, 6 pro-pluses and 660ml of beer), then went to get fish an chips with my mate, when i was chatting to do my mate i was literally forgetting what he saying a few secounds affter he siad it, then all i could see was whiteness, and was walking in the middle of the road without even realising it. the last thing i rember was walking into the shop, but afterwards apparently i dropped the fishmchips on teh floor and had a sezuire, had a lot of werid-as-fuck dreams after taht (which seemd totally real) then i woke about 24 hours later, completly unable to move i was so fucked, had a therapist above asking me if i was paranoid, szicopheriic or suicidal, took me ages to understnad what we was saying (mostly becuase i siad "do you think people are following you" and "do you hear voices) but i just laughed and said no. then i fell asleep, not waking up till next afternoon.

apparently i woke up before when i rember waking up though, allthough i was so sedated i couldnt talk or anything. Also i was being injected with ACTH/adrenline).

it was still a pretty awesome trip while it lasted :D