Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Diphenhydramine (1,200mg) - Experienced - Dont Take this much Ever

ziggyjuarez

Greenlighter
I would say it was about the 20th or so time I'd taken Diphenhydramine recreationally.The normal weekly trip amount was always 600mg or 24 Benadryl "Kapseals".This time was before a court date.Not haveing any money i was desperate enough to steal from a local grocery store.Not wanting to get kicked out for a small box, i decided to steal the larger 48 pack.I had no intention of swollowing the whole box of pills knowing the risks and uncomfort the higher doses bring.But when i got all the 48 pills out of the box (time consuming) I said why the hell not.In about 3 large gulps with water.All 48 pills were taken.I listened to music while i waited for the effects to come.15 Minutes later my memory gets a little hayze.from what i can remember All the classic effects I loved were there faster then normal.But a more stronger effect of nervousness was there.Normally felt when around another person when on the drug.Kinda like being with a girl for the first time.But stonger and a lot more frightning.Then pure panic hit.For no real reason just panic.I kept looking behind me, At the door and into the empty spaces of my room.Ready to let this shit hit full force i layed down on my bed looking at my blank television screen dareing for something to appear.After an unknown amount of time i was experiencing full on hallucinations in a delirious state with out realising it.I also remeber looking around my room and seeing a frightening figure looking at me.The absolute worst part of the whole trip came from a trip to the bathroom.At the time i did not realise it but i drank a gulp of "calgone take me away" body spray.I did not even know i was in the bathroom.I only know i did this because i remember haveing a terrible taste and trying to gasp for air.From here on is a total blackout.The next thing i remember is 5 hours later.I asked a relative what had happened because she was on the phone telling someone i was tweeking on crack.Apparently i left the bathroom shower on all night,Dropped a lot of music cds on the floor and was running around the house without a shirt.After five hours later the effects were still strong.Every so often i had to stop myself from grabing things that were not there, Talking to people who were not there and from tracking back and forth in my footsteps.In court i gave up on trying to comprehend and waited for pauses in there speeches, So i could say uh hu.Just understanding a simple sentence was impossable.As an overveiw i would say It's just not fun at high levels.I still enjoy Diphenhydramine at 600mg but may dare one day venture into full delirious state again.Definitely not for everyone.Be carefull:)

substancecode_benadryl
substancecode_diphenhydramine
substancecode_pharms

Last edited by a moderator:
what effects do you get at 600mg that you find enjoyable?

i've experienced the delerium a few times, but the body load and lasting mental effects have warded me away from 'off-label' uses. plus, the delerium itself is just punishing and unbeneficial.

i'd reccomend putting benadryl abuse behind you. it's too self-destructive. good luck either way, though.

wow
wow
personally i cant stand taking even 200 mg. it make me snakes and spiders and people in the corner of me eyes.
i once took 50 pills, nearly chocked on my own chalky vomit if it wasnt for my mother who heard all the racket. dangerous stuff my friend, theres a reason its not a controlled substance SIDE EFFECT PROFILE myfriend.

Besides cardiac dangers and possible seizures, the delerium could easily cause some one to wander into traffic or hundreds of other deadly encounters. Don't do deleriants, but if you do have a babysitter.

Kinda curious as to why you'd take it before court...though I do respect your utter disregard for the judicial system. :D

And hey! Welcome to Bluelight!

I'm sorry but that is just fucking ridiculous...1.2 grams of diphenhydramine? Do you have any idea how hard that is on your liver and kidneys?

If you want to get fucked up like that go buy a hit of acid, its like 5$, seriously.

^^ And it would be far, far better in effect.

^^

thats debatable, isnt it? If you want full on delerium, and frank hallucinations, LSD wont give you better results.

If you want to trip on OTC products, morning glory or DXM would be better.

I did diphenhydramine quite a few times a long time ago. It made me feel like shit and sometimes left me in fear for my life. I'd get a fast, weak heartbeat and feared my heart would stop. Only once did I get any enjoyment from it, and that one experience only stayed good for a couple of hours before going bad.

I was left with a mental fog and bad depression for a month or two after I quit. I don't know how anyone could enjoy the stuff. I don't think it is worth the risk, even if you love the high.

Diphenhydramine can cause heart problems and seizures in high amounts. It can be fatal.

rangrz said:
...thats debatable, isnt it? If you want full on delerium, and frank hallucinations, LSD wont give you better results.
And hey Joe, you can't hock LSD out of the drugstore, either... :D

wow, thats alot of diphen, i took too much once accidentally. I was drunk and trying to sleep and I kept waking up so Id take more, I thought I was waking up every couple hours, but it was actually every 15 minutes, so within a short time I realized I had taken a whole box. I've done almost every substance out there and had some horrible comedowns, but od'ing on diphen had to be the one of the worst.

this isnt funy but im laughing histericaly. why the fuck would you want to do that to yourself?

medicine cabinet said:
I'm sorry but that is just fucking ridiculous...1.2 grams of diphenhydramine? Do you have any idea how hard that is on your liver and kidneys?

If you want to get fucked up like that go buy a hit of acid, its like 5$, seriously.

Exactly...welcome to Bluelight but this is a harm reduction site....

How old are you? I'm not a doctor but taking 1,200mgs of Benadryl might pose permanent life-long health risks....good luck and do some real drugs...:|

Wow, that sure sounds like a fun time! I'd sure love to get delirious and run around the house with no shirt on! LOL. Every time I read these reports I feel less and less curiosity to try deleriants. Pretty well-written report, though. I'd like to know what the "classic" effects are though... you didn't describe those.

I suppose

rangrz said:
^^

thats debatable, isnt it? If you want full on delerium, and frank hallucinations, LSD wont give you better results.
bullshit, its called a blackout and can be very much the same in effect. I once blacked out and went into a dream scene that involved me scratching with the dj who was playing at that moment, turns out I was just messing up his set and was promptly ejected. Then I proceeded to make the sun rise and set with waves of my hand. Not delerium but certainly pretty frank hallucination for me to actually have seen in my head the dj scratching WITH me. I cant even tell you now if I actually had my hands on the vinyl for as long as I perceived I did but yeah. Um another thing comes to mind. When I was younger (before I found this wonderful place) I ingested belladonna, and Um yeah, stick with proper psychedellics.

JESUS CHRIST!

I am glad you are alive! I would think a dose like that would kill a person.

I hope you don't do that again, but if you do...best of luck to you.

i had my first completely delerious experience with 500mg diphenhydramine and 500mg promethazine...

i won't be doing that again any time soon

i prefer datura. thanks for posting. I never gone above 1g n that was fun. Well part from feelin like shit afterwards, no parania or anxiety.

wow man, the most ive done was 14 pills (350mg, also my first time using it) and it was HORRIBLE for me! feeling like i weighed 1000 pounds, unable to move, thinking i was dying, just NOT a fun time. i have no idea how you could take 600mg and have fun, shits just too much for me. i DO know, however, that taking 7-8 pills and smoking some pot is pretty damned fun.